Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Aug 2008, 00:15 (Ref:2273054)   #276
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Porker
What? What? What's going on? Who's been sleeping in my bed, feasting on my porridge
And the magic number?
This is for you SS--- that was the 'fat boys" tip for Phillip Island-- turned out to be very accurate . He could get a job as a clairvoyant-come to think of it his clients probably already think that when they see his bills!!

I want my money on that 23 car this time so am getting in first for Oran Park.Who else do you expect up there?
Old 22 Aug 2008, 00:51 (Ref:2273067)   #277
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3
To point out how inconsistent GT management is and has been-- you exclude some cars because they" might" have too much performance-- create a contrived performance criteria
This is the problem I see Silver, you are passionate about the sport but you have turned it so personal, its you and us. Your with us or against us attitude just fragments this whole situation more and more.

The answer is clear, the bs stirring is not.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 02:05 (Ref:2273087)   #278
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is for you SS--- that was the 'fat boys" tip for Phillip Island-- turned out to be very accurate . He could get a job as a clairvoyant-come to think of it his clients probably already think that when they see his bills!!

I want my money on that 23 car this time so am getting in first for Oran Park.Who else do you expect up there?
Depends who's driving 23 Silver? If its 'Mud' Pye, then conventional wisdom says the million laps he's done around the joint and his current good form should keep him at the pointy end.

Still got faith in the big man though...probably still smarting from the schoolboy error in race one at the island and will be keen to make amends. Hope Sydney puts on a better weather show, us QLDers have only just thawed out from our PI experience.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 03:06 (Ref:2273094)   #279
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
This is the problem I see Silver, you are passionate about the sport but you have turned it so personal, its you and us. Your with us or against us attitude just fragments this whole situation more and more.

The answer is clear, the bs stirring is not.
Tried to keep GT issuse in the Sports/GT thread-but comments keep appearing here.
The fact that this thread exists goes a long way to proving some of the points that have been made from the start.
Your" us or against" is illuminating. If you mean the " us" to be the opinions of the large majority of competitors( both with eligble and ineligble cars) cars being unhappy with being ignored-- and the "them"( you had to think what word you used-didn't you?) being the few ,GT management & Cams -- then what you say is probably right.
What I have heard from you and other excuse makers is admitting you had it wrong all the way( as I have commented on since before it started)-- and why it is right now.
You know what is really interesting--none of the Sportscar representative groups have ever been asked by Cams for their views. Very strong Cams member clubs in NSW , Victoria & Qld all ignored.The huge majority of competitors come thru the various State Championships and are members in their respective states -all the clubs are Cams affiliated-- yet at no stage even consulted by Cams.
Not getting a hearing does tend to get under one's skin that is true.Somebody getting it so wrong in half baked stupidity is outrageous-- and then seeking to blame everyone else for it is really a joke.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 03:32 (Ref:2273096)   #280
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations
Depends who's driving 23 Silver? If its 'Mud' Pye, then conventional wisdom says the million laps he's done around the joint and his current good form should keep him at the pointy end.

Still got faith in the big man though...probably still smarting from the schoolboy error in race one at the island and will be keen to make amends. Hope Sydney puts on a better weather show, us QLDers have only just thawed out from our PI experience.
Isn't there an entry list somewhere? Bill Pye( as in the MUD) will be in the #23 car and will be hard to beat .I think the "fat boy" Sven Burchartz will go alright as you say. Not sure if he drove Cupcar there last year or not-so no history to speak of. I would think he will be quicker than before regardless-- wether enough or not will be the question. Sonic teammate Jon Trende will go ok too as he is competent driver. Local Anthony Skinner has been fast in the past but has had no recent luck at this venue -one to watch. Queenslander Terry Knight did a very good job at Phillip Island at his first look at that track and will be in the mix in the second group. Will be quite a number of first timers at Oran Park and vast differences in abilities so lapped traffic will be a major issue. The more experienced drivers in traffic will come out the winners here. A very technical track and I reckon hard to learn the fast way around .
Old 22 Aug 2008, 06:46 (Ref:2273135)   #281
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterelise
Hey Phil, I know the lotus workshop boys touched you guys up in the karts at eastern creek, but that's no reason to leave Lotus out the mix. A lotus guy could get an inferiority complex...
ooooH, a low blow to the ribs after the bell.....!

The only complex Lotus guys should have is a size one.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 06:48 (Ref:2273138)   #282
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The Lambo will be very close before long to a 1 .30( a 32 is already close)
You misunderstood-- GT cars not taxis-- but management have let let Taxis run in GT race-- in preference to upgraded genuine GT cars eg Porsches. In fact the 360 GT was/is not eligible by their own criteria-- which is then altered to "legitimise" -- the point being it is ok to alter when it suits the GT management-- and then in stupid bid for survival includes Fords & Holdens etcvia expansion to another group of cars - not even Sports/Gt cars.
Reference to Porsche and GT was intended to relate to local racing--please tread in that context.
In past Aus Gt porsches beating Porsches was the only interest for Porsche guys as the spec was moved a country mile from what they were told.
To point out how inconsistent GT management is and has been-- you exclude some cars because they" might" have too much performance-- create a contrived performance criteria( which had nothing to do with other stated aims) then move the performance goalposts without consulting the large majority of the field( the same people who were making the survival of the category possible) . So then your survival will rely on the taxis coming.Surely treating all the issues involved with more common sense would have been better all along-- and even know.Get Sports/GT cars racing!
HAHA... You reckon JB is 3 seconds off the pace! I'll tell him you think that of him.... !

As for the rest of what you said...... you just made me giddy.
Old 24 Aug 2008, 07:02 (Ref:2274128)   #283
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Aaahh, excuse me lads...aren't you on the wrong thread?

Back to Oran Park...Silver, I get the entry list same time as you, no favours here! Thought Bill might have got his jigger back together...or is your one a better ride?!

My 50 cents is on the big man Burchartz, but it's my heart ruling my head as Bill should do the business on a familiar track and now a familiar car.
Old 24 Aug 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2274174)   #284
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:

Clearly!

It suddenly became interesting!

But it's all about to be returned to normal.
Old 24 Aug 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2274201)   #285
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:

Back to Oran Park...Silver, I get the entry list same time as you, no favours here! Thought Bill might have got his jigger back together...or is your one a better ride?!

My 50 cents is on the big man Burchartz, but it's my heart ruling my head as Bill should do the business on a familiar track and now a familiar car.
Any race driver worth his salt knows a good thing when he gets in it!! I forgot to mention another guy in Jeff Bobik who has not done a lot of racing but has the racers instinct(?!!) who come from another sport as a champion and knows how to go about succeeding. Will be an improver as he goes in first visit to Oran Park.Interesting situation when well over half the field is racing at Oran Park for the first time.
Old 24 Aug 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2274695)   #286
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience
Clearly!

It suddenly became interesting!

But it's all about to be returned to normal.
Was as interesting as the GT procession ala Phillip Island...definite cure for insomnia. Was there any over-taking?

Sorry, I can't help myself, it's a weakness I know...
Old 25 Aug 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2274887)   #287
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Yes... lots ,since you ask.

Bowe passed 7 cars for position in one lap in the dry/wet race 2 after the pitstop/safety car.

And Ted passed 6 or 7 in one race also...

and that's just the cars I was involved with!

Your vision is impaired with one eye.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 17:08 (Ref:2275085)   #288
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More evidence of the bitterness that keeps driving this whole problem.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2275200)   #289
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Oh, get a grip...lighten up DRT. I'm a Porsche guy, you're not going to get anything different from me, I'm a smart a*se. You want bitter?...see my ex-wife.

By the time I was out of my suit and up on the roof watching,(unlike many 'contributors' to this forum)it was JB, another Lambo 300m behind, then a spread field miles somewherre else on the race track.

ff...Monster Lambo's picking on smaller jiggers is not the kind of passing I'm talking about. My mum could podium in one of those things.

[mod]no need to dodge the autocensor, you're allowed to say 'arse', but going for dodges is becoming endemic. Enough please[/mod]

Last edited by Woolley; 25 Aug 2008 at 22:00.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2275235)   #290
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ff...Monster Lambo's picking on smaller jiggers is not the kind of passing I'm talking about.
Old 27 Aug 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2276057)   #291
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ff...Monster Lambo's picking on smaller jiggers is not the kind of passing I'm talking about. My mum could podium in one of those things.
Ok so I am biased and this is a Porsche thread but if you want to see some small jiggers taking on Monster Lambos have a look at the footage from Eastern Creek here
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=177225603603908656

I have also had a look at the footage from Melb GP and there was overtaking in those races all weekend long across the whole field. Haven't seen the Phillip Island footage and wasn't there to watch it live unfortunately, but have it on good authority there was some good racing throughout the field even if Bowie was dominant.

And with all due respect and remember I did preface this with all due respect, getting a podium in a Lambo in the current field is not a walk in the park so suspect your mum might struggle. Who knows, some of the Porsche GT3 Challenge guys might even struggle in one of those monster Lambos; you need to remember that Bowie is in a different class to the rest of us as a driver but the rest of the GT Championship field is pretty evenly matched at the moment and will shine at different circuits.
Old 28 Aug 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2277107)   #292
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on topic, have fun at Oran Park this weekend boys. Must say I'd rather be driving one of those 944s if it rains there.
Old 29 Aug 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2277681)   #293
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
The 944.s are great category and Oran Park suits them to a t.--not too much straight and lots of interesting corners. Really good standard of drivers up the front too--and all very affordable . For those that have not seen them run before you can be guaranteed some really entertaining racing from these guys.Yes--they are very good in the wet!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2279990)   #294
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Interesting rd 3 . Some clearly racing for sheep stations in GT3 Challenge.Plenty of whinging from some GT3 CC about speed differential with 944's proved to be a non issue. Mostly well behaved 944's were explerary in driver behaviour ( on race day anyway) -- same cannot be said of the GT3 CC group who proceed to create there own version of Chrasera Cup seen in other places. Plenty of incompetence saw a big percentage of GT3 cups going home with a lot of crash damage-all unneccesary.Amazing how the stated philosophy of the series goes out the window and the concept of fair sporting attitude gets lost.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2280006)   #295
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Interesting rd 3 . Some clearly racing for sheep stations in GT3 Challenge.Plenty of whinging from some GT3 CC about speed differential with 944's proved to be a non issue. Mostly well behaved 944's were explerary in driver behaviour ( on race day anyway) -- same cannot be said of the GT3 CC group who proceed to create there own version of Chrasera Cup seen in other places. Plenty of incompetence saw a big percentage of GT3 cups going home with a lot of crash damage-all unneccesary.Amazing how the stated philosophy of the series goes out the window and the concept of fair sporting attitude gets lost.
gees, settle petal.

they're JUST Porsches.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 04:11 (Ref:2280577)   #296
911Porker
Racer

Germany
Melbourne
911Porker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Silver - "sporting attitude". Where did the rear upright come from that allowed one car in particular to run after the bearing gave up during Friday practice? Had that not happened, you'd probably have nothing to talk about right now.

Its motor racing. Its fast, cars get close and sometimes they even touch - hard and soft. They're called racing incidents.

Even the drivers involved in the main R3 incident saw it that way as did the stewards and everyone else that has been involved in racing, at the track, for some time ...

You've been out of the chair for too long Silver.

Yes, crash damage is regretable but also inevitable. You may recall that the Farmer and his arch rival came together in very similar circumstances at Mallala with said rival needing a new bar and muffler as a result.

Surely you in particular would not brand the Farmer an incompetant as a result?

I bet Roger Penske doesn't get blood poisoning every time one of his cars gets knocked around.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2280654)   #297
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
^ what he said!

and they're JUST Porsches anyway

Old 3 Sep 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2280700)   #298
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Hey-- the upright was on my account!
They are only racing incidents when you are in the wrong!
The Stewards--mmm - didn't you have a flight to catch! Better things to do than see you fined $200!
Yes-- but I am not blind yet!
Mallala was different-it was your car with the damage-- and it was a racing incident- !
No - he is very competent- you provoked him.
Roger can give people blood poisoning!
As for you FF-- typical tech attitude-- you just want to participate in the redistribution of wealth. Fancy that-- a Ferrari mechanic with a social conscience!
At least in this series the cars were close enough to "race" each other and not executing a procession ( I like processions-- no 'racing' incidents)
The race for 3rd place was a ripper- virtually the whole field tried forthe position at some stage --like 4 abreast into turn 1 while all 4 were lapping 944's.It was very entertaining.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2281145)   #299
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Are we finished getting all of the crap out of our systems yet lads?

Us chaps that benefited from Mud and Princess' coming together in race 3 would like to collectively thank them for being so sporting. The lesson on contact they provided was enough to keep us all clean and the result was some good racing amongst the lesser lights.

Geez Silver, and I thought (retrospectively) that my dummy-spit on Friday after getting whacked by a 944 in the out lap of practice was pretty over-the-top and a massive over reaction. I don't feel so guilty now...

With no fear of being called a sychophant, I can speak on behalf of many of the competitor group, you know-the target group that make this series work.

We're having a great time...
Old 5 Sep 2008, 01:39 (Ref:2282022)   #300
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Was anyone watching-- the racing that is. What did you think?