Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2014957)   #301
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm glad to hear that a number of 250 guys are getting their big chance in MotoGP next year.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:28 (Ref:2015298)   #302
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Guintoli will ride for Pramac d'Antin in 2008.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~154527.htm

Good for him! I think he has done a good job this year. I was a bit sceptic last year when he was signed to ride for Yamaha, bit he's surprised me a few times this season!
Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:54 (Ref:2015324)   #303
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
The 23-year-old has won one GP in 125 starts

Alex de Angelis will most probably ride for Gresini Honda in 2008 (I ask you why.... WHY???). This article says Nakano might become his teammate as Honda are keen to retain his services and see him back on Bridgestone tyres in ’08.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp.../?&R=EPI-94636

Elias is top candidate to race at d'Antin.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 01:20 (Ref:2016361)   #304
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
confirmed: http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/moto...id=3&section=1

also read in eNews that Nakano could go to Gresini (obviously freeing the Konica ride for Dovizioso) also with Elias to D'Antin.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 06:47 (Ref:2016450)   #305
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
A complete waste of seat space if you ask me.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 08:33 (Ref:2016547)   #306
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then again, I thought that De Puniet was a waste of space until this year, so he could turn it around?

Also remember, that Stoner and Gary McCoy only won 2 125gp
Old 18 Sep 2007, 08:39 (Ref:2016551)   #307
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
De Puniet, didn't have the material de Angelis has had. He has suprised tho!

Stoner (and this is a dangerous statement) was always quick, almost steeling the championship from Dani in 250.

Gary McCoy is just a nutter.

De Angelis is nothing of the above.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 09:04 (Ref:2016578)   #308
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is like De Angelis has a mental block against winning. He has led many many times before throwing it all away. It's painful to watch at times.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 11:26 (Ref:2016750)   #309
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe new team new class might turn that around look what jumping on the Ducati has done for him.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 17:34 (Ref:2017166)   #310
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually quite rate De Angelis, he is at least fairly consistent, but how many times have you seen a guy be quick on a 250 and naff on anything else, look at Fonsi!

Nakano to Gresini is plain insane, the guy shouldnt be there this year let alone next! As Toby said, get Bautista on there!! I know it aint gonna hapen but what a cool idea!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2017260)   #311
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Then again, I thought that De Puniet was a waste of space until this year, so he could turn it around?
you just thought wrong .. i knew ever since he was in crashing 125 he's a top rider .. hope the Honda he'll be riding next year won't be that crap ..

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Sep 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2017327)   #312
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I ahve to say I dont rate De Puniet purely coz of his crashing, hes like Checa, Haydon, Xaus etc.

Cant seem to pull back fromt he limit and learn why he keeps crashing, rememebr it took BArros only a couple of years and he stopped crashing so much but Haydon has never learned, nor Checa. De Puniet is the same, not someone I would employ Im afraid despite his speed, and lets face it West has had him on race pace most of the time and he knows bugger all about 4 strokes!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 19:53 (Ref:2017332)   #313
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is absolutely pointless being quick if you wreck all the time.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 20:21 (Ref:2017383)   #314
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Stoner learned that lesson well last year trying to over-ride the Honda. He once again showed his maturity at Estoril. He could have easily got into trouble trying to play catch up with his clutch problem. But instead he kept his head down and found his rythem again. Solid ride indeed. Then again, what do I know, I'm just another Rossi/Hayden/fill in the blank fanboy...

With the silly season winding down, are there any surprises left?

Last edited by jhansen; 18 Sep 2007 at 20:25.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 22:06 (Ref:2017468)   #315
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Nakano has some talent in his body. Him on a decent Honda would be fun...

The influx of talent is really pleasing to see.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 01:28 (Ref:2017531)   #316
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I ahve to say I dont rate De Puniet purely coz of his crashing, hes like Checa, Haydon, Xaus etc.

Cant seem to pull back fromt he limit and learn why he keeps crashing, rememebr it took BArros only a couple of years and he stopped crashing so much but Haydon has never learned, nor Checa. De Puniet is the same, not someone I would employ Im afraid despite his speed, and lets face it West has had him on race pace most of the time and he knows bugger all about 4 strokes!
Westy isn't that far behind in points aswell.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 14:48 (Ref:2017984)   #317
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It is funny, for starters

Anyway I (spectator, not team owner) prefer a fast&crasher than a boring sixth place man slowly cumulating points along the season. What was wrong with Gilles Villeneuve?!, the Prince of Fastandcrashland BTW, the late McCrae lost many points by his love for crashing his Subaru (RIP, one of the most beautiful driving stiles in rallying).

I like to see Nakano in Gresini's, I hope he does well there, but I understand the concern of those who are not convinced of his lack of spirit lately.

I'm a bit worried about Elias going to D'Antin... it is a sort of back step, isn't it?

Anyway, all in all, interesting line up for next season.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 15:47 (Ref:2018042)   #318
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ben Spies will test the Suzuki 800 on the test day following the race at Sepang. Not really a silly season 2008 story, but there really isn't a better place to put it. I'll be curious to see how he goes.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 16:00 (Ref:2018055)   #319
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Ahum, Mr. Race Official: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=172
Old 19 Sep 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2018086)   #320
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
It is funny, for starters

Anyway I (spectator, not team owner) prefer a fast&crasher than a boring sixth place man slowly cumulating points along the season. What was wrong with Gilles Villeneuve?!, the Prince of Fastandcrashland BTW, the late McCrae lost many points by his love for crashing his Subaru (RIP, one of the most beautiful driving stiles in rallying).
Don't get me wrong Schummy, I love the win at all costs style. It is those drivers I tend to support more than any other.

To even compare de Puniet, who has barely made the finish of any top class GP (let alone in a successful position) with the likes of Colin McRae, who was king of the world at one point and could have been many more times, is slightly insulting.

de Puniet has never been beautiful to watch, nor particularly amazing in the top class. Apart from some good qualifying efforts. I do admit, though, that he is quite hilarious and cracking entertainment sometimes.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2018113)   #321
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
I'd delete that post if I could...

Touche' Gerben!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2019108)   #322
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I know it was already mentioned that Yamaha would stay on Michelins next year, but that also includes Tech 3. And Michelin apparently made a strong effort to get the number of tires allowed per weekend changed from 31 to 40. However, it appears that will be unchanged.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Sep/e/n070920b.htm

So does that put Dunlop out? Maybe all the Moto GP rejects should pull their resources together in one team. Team KR + Ilmor power + Dunlop tires. Surely they have enough money between them? Or maybe not.

Last edited by jhansen; 20 Sep 2007 at 17:43.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 19:31 (Ref:2019177)   #323
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
0+0+0=0 unfortunately

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Sep 2007, 21:21 (Ref:2019311)   #324
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Probably they would have to use a rejected rider as well. I have some names.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 09:14 (Ref:2019554)   #325
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
He's done it, he has signed

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~154712.htm

Hmm, reading this post back, it sounds like I'm all surprised, which I'm not really...