Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Apr 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3236937)   #326
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thats a nice idea.

Going by what they've done in the past e.g Carrera Cup, it probably wont happen if they cant make money out of it...
Making money is only one part of it for Porsche.

They don't like to lose, so the spineless cowards predominantly only back races where they can't.

Love to be proven wrong of course....
Old 21 Apr 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3237321)   #327
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Making money is only one part of it for Porsche.

They don't like to lose, so the spineless cowards predominantly only back races where they can't.

Love to be proven wrong of course....
I get the feeling you are 100% correct in you assumption.

Imagine if part of the prize for winning Carrera Cup was to have the opportunity to drive in a Class A Porsche in the 12 hour ... but then again ... if your name is Baird , you'd rather drive a clearwater something wouldnt you... whatever that may be in 2014.

You would think that if VIP can get on the podium, a lap down on Erebus in a car that is at least three years old ... that a factory back Porsche car effort would be very very competitive indeed. Hard to lose you could almost say ... but then.. I doubt we will ever find out.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3237610)   #328
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
You would think that if VIP can get on the podium, a lap down on Erebus in a car that is at least three years old ... that a factory back Porsche car effort would be very very competitive indeed. Hard to lose you could almost say ... but then.. I doubt we will ever find out.
The VIP car was a current spec 2013 GT3-R.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/09/...d-controversy/

There was no valid balance of performance for that model at that time, hence the controversy.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3237689)   #329
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
The VIP car was a current spec 2013 GT3-R.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/09/...d-controversy/

There was no valid balance of performance for that model at that time, hence the controversy.
Its an old car updated to current specs

A new car built to the current specs would be a different proposition
Old 22 Apr 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3237726)   #330
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter Kox had a great weekend in FIAGT at Zolder finishing 2nd in Saturdays qual race and 1st in the main race yesterday in the Reiter Lamborghini. I hope he gets another run in Scuds car in the 12 Hour next year. Third time lucky maybe, insofar as, getting to actually turn some wheels in the race.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3237729)   #331
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Peter Kox had a great weekend in FIAGT at Zolder finishing 2nd in Saturdays qual race and 1st in the main race yesterday in the Reiter Lamborghini. I hope he gets another run in Scuds car in the 12 Hour next year. Third time lucky maybe, insofar as, getting to actually turn some wheels in the race.
Don't think Scud will mind if I tell the world that Kox is good to go for next year and Reiter will be supporting the team again.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3237734)   #332
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Don't think Scud will mind if I tell the world that Kox is good to go for next year and Reiter will be supporting the team again.
That's great news.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3237774)   #333
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Fantastic news!

Great championship race on the weekend for Kox and Rosina, those last ten minutes or so were so tense watching Rosina fend of Vanthoor, so happy for Super Peter and the Reiter guys

Itll be great to see Kox down here again, fingers crossed he gets in the car this time
Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3237811)   #334
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I have no idea where the old wives tale of "newer is better" came from. What does it matter if it's upgraded or built new? If it's done to the same standard then the difference is marginal if it's present at all.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3238303)   #335
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Its an old car updated to current specs

Was going to say ... didn't this car run two years ago against the Audis in to 2011 Event....

I know they all get "upgraded" but she's done some miles. A full on Factory Porsche effort would be wow.

It's interesting. Audi have become the Porsche of old ... now seen as the safe reliable fast option for customer cars ... That being said... still plenty of Porsches kicking on.
Old 14 May 2013, 04:53 (Ref:3247103)   #336
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the topic of the 12 hour support categories i see that Improved Production have been asked back which is great news.
The confusing one for me is that apparently an invite has gone out to owners of Supercars and high performance cars who would like to be involved with the cars not requiring track prep (no roll cages etc),need to be road registered and no experience necessary for 4 x 20 regularities on the Friday and Saturday.
Considering that track time will be cut back next year due to increased time for the 12 hour cars and the fact that this event is on the way up, this doesn't make any sense to me and i can't see the spectators getting too excited unless some doctor puts his $200,000 car into the wall.
Old 14 May 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3247106)   #337
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
On the topic of the 12 hour support categories i see that Improved Production have been asked back which is great news.
The confusing one for me is that apparently an invite has gone out to owners of Supercars and high performance cars who would like to be involved with the cars not requiring track prep (no roll cages etc),need to be road registered and no experience necessary for 4 x 20 regularities on the Friday and Saturday.
Considering that track time will be cut back next year due to increased time for the 12 hour cars and the fact that this event is on the way up, this doesn't make any sense to me and i can't see the spectators getting too excited unless some doctor puts his $200,000 car into the wall.
surely its about those guys getting a chance to have a run on Mt Panaroma and more importantly pay an entrance fee to help cover costs?

thinking the spectator count is probably not very high on the friday, mostly competitors and their crew
Old 14 May 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3247114)   #338
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
surely its about those guys getting a chance to have a run on Mt Panaroma and more importantly pay an entrance fee to help cover costs?

thinking the spectator count is probably not very high on the friday, mostly competitors and their crew
$1,200 per entry will help that out, but be boring as bat s..t to watch on Friday and Saturday.
Old 14 May 2013, 05:46 (Ref:3247120)   #339
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
$1,200 per entry will help that out, but be boring as bat s..t to watch on Friday and Saturday.
thats what i was thinking, if they can get 50 cars to come and putter about then thats a winner for the event (plus probably a few more ticket sales from friends who come along to watch or hangout or maybe its menas some people are given that edge they need to come

as you said spectating boring, but maybe of interest in the pits or a display. But theres not many spectators on friday (i imagine it ends up 2 sessions on friday and 2 on saturday,
Old 14 May 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3247521)   #340
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fond memory of Clipsal many years ago was watching a driver put a car into the wall at turn 1 chicane during the parade of Lambo's porche's etc. DRIVER got out took a bow stood on roof and waved to crowd, made light of situation even though car left on tilt tray.
Old 15 May 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3247643)   #341
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The 12 Hour organisers have used Regularities in the past as a way of funding the Easter Bathurst meeting so this doesn't surprise me.Given how pathetic the support classes were at the 12 Hour this year and made to seem worse by their only being 30 minutes of track time for the 12 Hour cars after 9am on Saturday they have little to lose in terms of appeal.
It would be nice to see at least 1 if not 2 classes at National level on the program.Aussie Racing Cars and Kuhmo V8's(given that some of these cars ran at the front of the lamentable Sports Sedan field) would be good.Add in any one of the other support classes from this year and things would be a substantial improvement.
The organisers have to balance their funding requirements by choosing from support categories that have large entries but zero interest for anyone else other than friends and family and other categories that may not be such a cash cow but add to the quality and interest of the meeting.The best thing they can do is turn the Saturday morning 12 Hour 90 minutes into a practice session and have a 90 minute qualifying session on Saturday afternoon.
Old 20 May 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3250486)   #342
6.213km
Veteran

Currently listening to the closing few hours of the Nurburgring 24Hrs on RadioLemans.com ..

Listening to the Radio LeMans guys makes you realise just how far our B12Hr race has come since GT3 was introduced three races back.

These guys are the English speaking sound of the greatest international GT3 Endurance race in the world. And I've heard them more then once during the N24 live stream mention our B12hr race.

What they have done for our race is give it internation street cred. Ill never forget just how excited they all were to be at Bathurst for the 12hours. Those on this forum contribute because we know what we have here is already truely special...

B12Hr has some great international friends in Radio Lemans ...

I have no doubt that if the organisers of B12Hr continue to grow this race, it will be a truely amazing international event that is spoken about by all that are involved in GT racing.

B12 HR Vs B1000 should never be compared - B1000 will always have the support of the homeland Australian fans . But from an enthusiast point of view, B12Hrs already is the best Endurance race we have in this country, and next year will be truely epic.
Old 20 May 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3250682)   #343
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
Currently listening to the closing few hours of the Nurburgring 24Hrs on RadioLemans.com ..

Listening to the Radio LeMans guys makes you realise just how far our B12Hr race has come since GT3 was introduced three races back.

These guys are the English speaking sound of the greatest international GT3 Endurance race in the world. And I've heard them more then once during the N24 live stream mention our B12hr race.

What they have done for our race is give it internation street cred. Ill never forget just how excited they all were to be at Bathurst for the 12hours. Those on this forum contribute because we know what we have here is already truely special...

B12Hr has some great international friends in Radio Lemans ...

I have no doubt that if the organisers of B12Hr continue to grow this race, it will be a truely amazing international event that is spoken about by all that are involved in GT racing.

B12 HR Vs B1000 should never be compared - B1000 will always have the support of the homeland Australian fans . But from an enthusiast point of view, B12Hrs already is the best Endurance race we have in this country, and next year will be truely epic.
Totally agree.
I see that the Black Falcon Merc won the N24 with Schneider one of the drivers and having a pretty good year so far.
Would love to see the Martine Z4 out here.
Old 21 May 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3250878)   #344
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
Totally agree.
I see that the Black Falcon Merc won the N24 with Schneider one of the drivers and having a pretty good year so far.
Would love to see the Martine Z4 out here.
I'd say winning Dubai 24hr, Bathurst 12Hr & Nurburgring 24 hr in a matter of months is a fair achievement for both Schneider & Mercedes Benz.

You could say they are having a dream run.
Old 29 May 2013, 04:39 (Ref:3254814)   #345
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Changes for next year,

http://is.gd/Y796Yl
Old 29 May 2013, 04:47 (Ref:3254816)   #346
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Back to six classes as per tradition. good move
end of production class cars. good move
Old 29 May 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3254817)   #347
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Back to six classes as per tradition. good move
Definitely a good move as one of the negatives from this year was a lack of competition in some of the classes due to minimal numbers.
Old 29 May 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3254918)   #348
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
end of production class cars. good move
Production class cars are still eligible, they will compete for their respective class honours with invitational entries
Old 29 May 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3254929)   #349
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Production class cars are still eligible, they will compete for their respective class honours with invitational entries
Technicaly Pecky is right. The regs will allow freedoms not available in the normal class regs in an effort to reduce speed differential.
One would assume that will include slicks and other handling options to get away from traffic jams across the top of the mountain.
Old 29 May 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3254935)   #350
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Technicaly Pecky is right. The regs will allow freedoms not available in the normal class regs in an effort to reduce speed differential.
One would assume that will include slicks and other handling options to get away from traffic jams across the top of the mountain.
Will also mean that they will be competing against invitational cars, so the opportunity to win the class is reduced,