Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Aug 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2741863)   #326
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raysport were testing there yesterday

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 10 Aug 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2742359)   #327
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Few teams were present at the Ford Fair. CDR,JTR,Juno,Raysport,DW Racing, Harkesport,Fluid as far as I know
Old 11 Aug 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2743293)   #328
JDHuk
Rookie

JDHuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias99 View Post
Few teams were present at the Ford Fair. CDR,JTR,Juno,Raysport,DW Racing, Harkesport,Fluid as far as I know
Enigma Motorsport were also there.

Some photos here http://jdhphotography.photoshelter.c...00lCDaKLIihzY/
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:48 (Ref:2743381)   #329
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two Fluid Van Diemens in Silverstone. Anttila and...? Should be some one from South-Africa.

This weekend is the first clash of the season between Finnish and UK FF. Will Buri choose Botniaring or Silverstone? I bet UK...
Old 12 Aug 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2743532)   #330
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
any times for the Silverstone test

Old 12 Aug 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2743656)   #331
JDHuk
Rookie

JDHuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Two Fluid Van Diemens in Silverstone. Anttila and...? Should be some one from South-Africa.

This weekend is the first clash of the season between Finnish and UK FF. Will Buri choose Botniaring or Silverstone? I bet UK...
Antti is doing both. He is racing in Finland on Friday and flying back to race on Saturday and Sunday at Silverstone.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2746156)   #332
Vantaa
Rookie

Finland
Vantaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buri contestd 1 race at Botniaring, and won, despite having a broken hand.

Then to race at Silverstone as well, is a very very good achievement

Congrats to everyone else in the races 3 at silverstone, but Antti has to have drive of the day in my eyes !
Old 27 Aug 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2751106)   #333
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Scott Malvern for holding the Jamum squadron at bay for another round!
Old 27 Aug 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2751128)   #334
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
Congrats to Scott Malvern for holding the Jamum squadron at bay for another round!
Thank you Morris Dancer. Much appreciated.

(Dominic Malvern - Scott's dad)
Old 28 Aug 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2751376)   #335
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
Thank you Morris Dancer. Much appreciated.

(Dominic Malvern - Scott's dad)
No worries, Dominic. Although we Aussies like to see 'our' drivers succeed overseas, we also like to support the 'underdog' - hence the divided loyalties!
Old 28 Aug 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2751378)   #336
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
In the absence of 'live timing' of today's Snetterton practice (testing) sessions, any info would be welcome.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2751379)   #337
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
In the absence of 'live timing' of today's Snetterton practice (testing) sessions, any info would be welcome.
Yes frustrating! I'm stuck at work and thought that there would be TSL so really disapointed that there isn't!

Perhaps some kind soul will post something from trackside
Old 31 Aug 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2752694)   #338
richie_h
Rookie

richie_h should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Pye did well over the weekend to pull Malvern in a bit in the Championship.

Come on Scott Malvern you can win this one, only a few rounds to go, will be cheering you on at Brands this weekend!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2752757)   #339
FFfan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_h View Post
Scott Pye did well over the weekend to pull Malvern in a bit in the Championship.

Come on Scott Malvern you can win this one, only a few rounds to go, will be cheering you on at Brands this weekend!
Thanks Richie. Just didn't quite go Scott M's way yesterday. Was mega quick in race one in the wet but got stuck behind Pye's team mate Bernstorff for too long. Did extremely well to bridge the big gap to Pye and Cammish but ran out of time so 3rd & fastest lap was scant consolation. Unfortunately after a good start in race two and being quick at the beginning the car developed a problem. Scott did well to adapt in the circumstances and bring it home 4th.

Fair play to Pye; he took his chances well in both races, especially in race 2. Lets be honest he has been most people's favourite from the outset given Jamun's excellent record in this championship. But there is still a fair bit of racing to go yet, and I personally am delighted with what Scott M and CDR have achieved this year given all the circumstances.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2753784)   #340
slevin
Rookie

slevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any live timing for this weekend, because tsl dont cover dtm when thay visit
Old 3 Sep 2010, 09:43 (Ref:2753980)   #341
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin View Post
Any live timing for this weekend
Apparently not. WIGE is the DTM timekeeper and they have a live timing page, BUT the DTM-screen is just showing some old F3 ES results...
Old 3 Sep 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2753986)   #342
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Ummm, right. Formula Ford website claims it should work: http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...010/030910.htm
Old 3 Sep 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2754142)   #343
Me and My Swift
Rookie

Ireland
Meath
Me and My Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any updates from Qual anyone??
Old 4 Sep 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2754478)   #344
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Ummm, right. Formula Ford website claims it should work: http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...010/030910.htm
Don't believe everything you read on 'official' websites!
Old 6 Sep 2010, 04:59 (Ref:2754997)   #345
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think Scott Pye now leads the championship
Old 6 Sep 2010, 06:59 (Ref:2755015)   #346
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Think Scott Pye now leads the championship
He is and deservedly so because he has won a lot more races than anyone else but you still have to give a lot of credit to Scott Malvern for making him work so hard for it in a car that with the greatest respect to Ray is not as good (yet). But CDR and Malvern have done a great job this year, on a meagre budget, to prove that you can take on and be competitive against the dominant Jamun/Mygales.

There have only been two wet races (Zandvoort & Snetterton) this year and no wet qualifying. Malvern was 8/10ths quicker than Pye in the wet at Snetterton last week, so no doubt he will now be praying for rain which could make for a very interesting climax to the season.

One wonders if Josh Hill could have shown the sort of form he displayed at Silverstone & Brands if he could have put a title bid together and it would also be good to see Antti Burri notch up a win before the end of the year. He's definately knocking on the door.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2755077)   #347
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
He is and deservedly so because he has won a lot more races than anyone else but you still have to give a lot of credit to Scott Malvern for making him work so hard for it in a car that with the greatest respect to Ray is not as good (yet). But CDR and Malvern have done a great job this year, on a meagre budget, to prove that you can take on and be competitive against the dominant Jamun/Mygales.

There have only been two wet races (Zandvoort & Snetterton) this year and no wet qualifying. Malvern was 8/10ths quicker than Pye in the wet at Snetterton last week, so no doubt he will now be praying for rain which could make for a very interesting climax to the season.

One wonders if Josh Hill could have shown the sort of form he displayed at Silverstone & Brands if he could have put a title bid together and it would also be good to see Antti Burri notch up a win before the end of the year. He's definately knocking on the door.

I don’t think your being fair on Scott Pye regarding Snett. Scott M was only 0.8ths quicker than Scott Pye due to a drying track and Scott Pye was side by side with Dan Cammish on every corner. This compromised both front running drivers and allowed Scott Malvern to catch up to the battle and get a fast lap with a clear track. I personally don’t think this meant Scott Malvern was generally 1 second a lap faster than Pye.

What we are now seeing is that the drivers with the big budgets are starting to show as the less well funded drivers drop tests due to not being able to afford them after using their allocation at the front half of the season. Scott and Josh are at the front as they have a lot of track time and are both very quick drivers. But we now have Emil showing some good form as again he is getting the miles.

Antti is having a great season and seems to be showing his form a little more regularly in the second half of the season. He is also getting some good seat time in Finland and the UK and he has a good car from the under rated Enigma Motorsport.

I am sure some people will look at Dan results from brands and say he had a poor weekend but I think he had a good set of results. Dan has never done a single test lap at Brands Hatch in his life. In fact he has only done 9 tests in the UK all year and is also racing on a wafer thin budget. So he might not have been on the podium but showed that you can turn up and at least get a top 10 result.

But I think that is what Formula Ford is about.....it is a formula that allows the not so rich race with the rich to still have cracking racing. Formula Ford have just uncovered another great talent in Scott Pye. I watched the Formula Renault races from Knockhill yesterday and it was better than most of the season for overtaking but was still pretty poor. Pla Kiss seemed able to overtake and wanted to at least try but most didn’t seems to want to or just couldn’t .... Then compare that to the Formula Ford coverage from Silverstone and it was awesome

Well done guys
Old 6 Sep 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2755095)   #348
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77 View Post
I don’t think your being fair on Scott Pye regarding Snett. Scott M was only 0.8ths quicker than Scott Pye due to a drying track and Scott Pye was side by side with Dan Cammish on every corner. This compromised both front running drivers and allowed Scott Malvern to catch up to the battle and get a fast lap with a clear track. I personally don’t think this meant Scott Malvern was generally 1 second a lap faster than Pye.

What we are now seeing is that the drivers with the big budgets are starting to show as the less well funded drivers drop tests due to not being able to afford them after using their allocation at the front half of the season. Scott and Josh are at the front as they have a lot of track time and are both very quick drivers. But we now have Emil showing some good form as again he is getting the miles.

Antti is having a great season and seems to be showing his form a little more regularly in the second half of the season. He is also getting some good seat time in Finland and the UK and he has a good car from the under rated Enigma Motorsport.

I am sure some people will look at Dan results from brands and say he had a poor weekend but I think he had a good set of results. Dan has never done a single test lap at Brands Hatch in his life. In fact he has only done 9 tests in the UK all year and is also racing on a wafer thin budget. So he might not have been on the podium but showed that you can turn up and at least get a top 10 result.

But I think that is what Formula Ford is about.....it is a formula that allows the not so rich race with the rich to still have cracking racing. Formula Ford have just uncovered another great talent in Scott Pye. I watched the Formula Renault races from Knockhill yesterday and it was better than most of the season for overtaking but was still pretty poor. Pla Kiss seemed able to overtake and wanted to at least try but most didn’t seems to want to or just couldn’t .... Then compare that to the Formula Ford coverage from Silverstone and it was awesome

Well done guys
I personally don't think I was being unfair on Pye at all. I clearly stated that he deserves to be leading the championship because he has won a lot more races than anyone else and he had to work very hard for the wins at Snetterton and Brands. But he has the best all round package as well being that he is well funded, well represented with with good professional manager who has the right connections and in a proven car with multi championship winning team that test regularly with 4 drivers. He also has the most experience and the circuit commentator yeterday said he is having to learn circuits new this year; well he is certainly getting in plenty of test mileage and he did of course race very well at Brands Hatch at last years FF Festival so he had more experience of the Indy circuit in a Duratec than most of the others. I wouldn't be surprised if he follows Mark Webber into F1 in a few years.

Yes of course Scott P is talented but there are other drivers in the championship that are I believe are just as talented and doing a great job; they just don't have the 100% right package in place but we have seen when it does go right that they can shine. And before you accuse me of favouring Scott M I actually tipped Dan on this thread at the beginning of the year as my title favourite and had a modest wager with another contributor so am hoping for a small miracle so as I don't have to pay up!
Old 7 Sep 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2755657)   #349
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Having read the reports and seen Scott Malvern's comments they couldn't get the set up right at Brands. I expect that's purely down to the fact they don't do the testing everyone else does. Few days testing before the Festival and I am sure Scott and Cliff will have got the car right on the Brands indy pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post

Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2755977)   #350
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deemun watching the racing on tv i would say there is very little in pace between the 2 scotts as drivers. So if your so much quicker in the wet and find it difficult in the dry it only points to one of two things with the car! It would be great to see yourself and cdr pull off the champ as i am sick of seeing mygale and jamun winning! it's starting to turn into a one make formula.