Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 17 Sep 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2760912)   #326
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Smooths out the jaggies.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2760913)   #327
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anti aliasing is where the edges of a picture are smoothed out. For example if you have a pixellated image, anti-aliasing will try to smooth out the pixels by putting in extra shades of colour to "smooth" the image a little more.

Not the best of explanations, so here is a picture that shows you what it does:

The thing is it doesn't make much of a difference in games anyway, especially at higher resolutions.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2761099)   #328
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
Anti aliasing is where the edges of a picture are smoothed out. For example if you have a pixellated image, anti-aliasing will try to smooth out the pixels by putting in extra shades of colour to "smooth" the image a little more.

Not the best of explanations, so here is a picture that shows you what it does:

The thing is it doesn't make much of a difference in games anyway, especially at higher resolutions.
True but helps with producing good screenshots.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2769671)   #329
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to add that buying rFactor was one of the best investments I've ever done. Mods like from Enduracers or HistorX make it great.

I hope that the upcoming rFactor 2 will further improve on physics, user friendliness and will introduce some sort of rating system for drivers, since I reckon that's one of rFactor's biggest drawback. There is no easy way for drivers of the same level to find each other and race together.

A rating system that rate drivers for speed, safety, car control and cutting and server options with thresholds for these ratings will make both public and league much more enjoyable.
Old 22 Oct 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2778517)   #330
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Korea circuit for RFactor is now available

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...Circuit%202010
Old 4 Nov 2010, 05:22 (Ref:2784751)   #331
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
If you havent checked it out already you must take a look at Formula One 1991 Historic Edition.

Simply the best mod ever created , absolutely stunning
Old 29 Nov 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2797364)   #332
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guys

Am running a new machine and a new install of RF, am trying to install reafeel for the GP1991 mod.

When I download the realfeel file I only get two files, a dll file and a readme. There was always an ini file too, never se this on Windows 7? COuld it be the WinZip doesnt unpack it properly?

I need this file as from there you can adjust a few settings on the wheel
Old 30 Nov 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2797887)   #333
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
doesn't it create an ini on first run? broke my mac so can't check or send you one
Old 1 Dec 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2798062)   #334
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hmmm , Ive always only got the 2 files and then just dropped the .dll file into the plugins folder
Old 1 Dec 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2798071)   #335
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh the 1991 mod is insanely good.

What I super wish for is being able to easily install mods, because i'm finding it so hard overwriting them. You end up with some weird hybrid that ends up being succeptable to crashing...

Selby
Old 1 Dec 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2798283)   #336
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Yeh the 1991 mod is insanely good.

What I super wish for is being able to easily install mods, because i'm finding it so hard overwriting them. You end up with some weird hybrid that ends up being succeptable to crashing...

Selby
I do a fresh rfactor install (in a different folder) and then just install the mod into that rfactor install

I have all my tracks in one folder, and just edit the config file in each install to point to it

Least that way a buggy mod won't require you to reinstall everything
Old 1 Dec 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2798287)   #337
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
doesn't it create an ini on first run? broke my mac so can't check or send you one
Yes you are correct Hepatic, pop the files in the plugin folder and then next time you run rFactor it creates the ini file
Old 1 Dec 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2798361)   #338
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK guys, have sorted the Real feel thingy!

Now I am having another weird issue. I am using the H pattern shifter with no auto clutch and everything turned off, no aids etc.

Now, when I select a gear on the H it's all fine, but when I put the gate into neutral it stays in gear? So, if I was in third in the pit box, then select neutral in the shifter it stays in 3rd?

I realise I can select neutral as a button, but surely neutral on the gate should mean neutral on the game?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2798371)   #339
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In your Controller.ini file, you need "Gear Select Button Hold" enabled
Old 5 Dec 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2799857)   #340
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who have it. the first Service Pack for the Endurance Mod has been released:
http://www.enduracers.com/newsletter_es_16.html
Old 5 Dec 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2800104)   #341
Morgoth
Rookie

United States
Morgoth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
For those who have it. the first Service Pack for the Endurance Mod has been released:
http://www.enduracers.com/newsletter_es_16.html

So long F1 2010!
Old 5 Dec 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2800109)   #342
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Exactly

Makes any other mad seems a bit cheap! But the physics in my eyes are not as good as some of the F1 mods.

F1 1991 still for me is the most immersive and playable.

My beef with Endu is the lack of tyre noise so you can;t feel how much grip you have, amazing how much you take ot for granted when it aint there!
Old 5 Dec 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2800113)   #343
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have altered the Tyre physics, all in they seem a little easier to drive, although I was happy the way they where.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2800472)   #344
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
They have altered the Tyre physics, all in they seem a little easier to drive, although I was happy the way they where.
I'm quite happy with the new tyre/physics. I reckon the old physics were unrealistically hard, especially on the GT1 cars.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2801001)   #345
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
I'm quite happy with the new tyre/physics. I reckon the old physics were unrealistically hard, especially on the GT1 cars.
I find it's gone a bit the other way, the Prototypes are now very nervous, twitchy and sensitive to even the slightest input. The GT cars however though are gorgeous to drive now, the Saleen and F430 are magic to drive. Out of the new cars the Saleen is the best to drive followed by the Ferrari then the Acura.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2801858)   #346
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New TCL league starting on Monday (only 2 rounds) recreating the Amscar series of the late '80s.

http://atcl.forumotion.com/monday-ni...ar-series-f14/
Old 10 Dec 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2802768)   #347
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
I find it's gone a bit the other way, the Prototypes are now very nervous, twitchy and sensitive to even the slightest input. The GT cars however though are gorgeous to drive now, the Saleen and F430 are magic to drive. Out of the new cars the Saleen is the best to drive followed by the Ferrari then the Acura.
I actually haven't tried the protoypes, not really my cup of tea. But indeed the GT's are great. Much more controllable with better feedback and a more sticky/rubberlike feel. In all it feels much more realistic and enjoyable to me.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2803029)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I've just run the 908 at Le Mans. Hated it. That wimpy noise is so off-putting. It may be accurate, but I can't stand it. Anyone know a good way to change it for something more raucous?

I also ran at Le Mans for about 40 mins out of a timed 2 hour race. By the time it got dark the lights on my Acura were so bad I couldn't see a thing and the circuit lights masked all the apexes and breaking points. Had to stop. Really disappointing.
Old 19 Dec 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2806163)   #349
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, can someone please tell me how you're supposed to run the Endurance Series cars at full night? The headlights are worse than my 1967 Karmann-Ghia...... You'd be better off shining a Maglite out of the cockpit. They are impossibly bad. I just can't drive in full night at all.
Old 19 Dec 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2806225)   #350
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on the track as to how the light falls on the hard stuff. Some tracks (such as Mid Ohio) are bugged so you'll never be able to see the tracks whereas some are lit properly.