Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jul 2015, 05:55 (Ref:3558104)   #326
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
Yep. Sorry, I was getting confused between the 2015 GT Championship thread and the 2016 Bathurst 12 Hour threads

thats what happens when people start playing ostrich and change the subject with off topic discussion
Old 13 Jul 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3558106)   #327
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

thats what happens when people start playing ostrich and change the subject with off topic discussion
How was anything off topic ?
Old 13 Jul 2015, 06:18 (Ref:3558110)   #328
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they would accept the Ginetta however it would be interesting to see how they would handle the BOP. The Mosler falls into the same category and it has run in previous 12Hr.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 19:20 (Ref:3558297)   #329
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I hope this (http://sportscar365.com/gt/sro-targe...-championship/) is good news for the event. SRO might not have a good track record in some areas, but placing the 12 Hours in a SRO series must surely dispel the V8SC cloud just a bit.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 03:26 (Ref:3558379)   #330
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I hope this (http://sportscar365.com/gt/sro-targe...-championship/) is good news for the event. SRO might not have a good track record in some areas, but placing the 12 Hours in a SRO series must surely dispel the V8SC cloud just a bit.
Sounds promising.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 23:59 (Ref:3558862)   #331
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr dane wont be entering anything, he may however run a car on someones behalf.

But here is the question, do you really want him there. Because when he comes the gentleman racers/owners are in trouble
So Roland has your ear does he, as well as knowing intimately the commercial relationship at SBR/Erebus/Shane van Gisbergen Pty Ltd and the employment details of all Ten Tenthers. Geez I wish I had your knowledge.

I wouldn't give 2 hoots if he was there or not, but if the series is to grow, it will undoubtedly attract people like R. Dane and teams like 888, and Manufacturers would want there main representative teams and drivers to compete there on their behalf to demonstrate their vehicles to the general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Dane didn't give much away on the potential entry and said that it was an International factory effort.
Thanks Mr Reload for the informative answer to my question without providing unsubstantiated speculation attempting to come across as knowledge

Quote:
Wouldnt they get a share of profits? with the rest going yeehah and any other key shareholders

The whole argument of jacking up prices is poorly thought out. If you jack up prices people stop coming, Thats not a good investment. Maybe one day when the place is full you can push up prices which controls crowd sized but until then its makes no sense
So you are now criticizing V8SC's methods? Never thought i'd see the day
Old 17 Jul 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3559225)   #332
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Ratel keen to retain B12H link amid V8 takeover

18 July 2015 - GT NewsGlobal GT boss Stephane Ratel says he's happy to work with V8 Supercars once it completes a planned takeover of the Bathurst 12 Hour Read More
Old 17 Jul 2015, 23:08 (Ref:3559249)   #333
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Ratel keen to retain B12H link amid V8 takeover

18 July 2015 - GT NewsGlobal GT boss Stephane Ratel says he's happy to work with V8 Supercars once it completes a planned takeover of the Bathurst 12 Hour Read More
Ratel has it nailed - what does supercars want to do with it? Grow it, Ratel interested. Keep it underfoot, not so much.

I don't remember if it has been stated upthread, and I am not going to read through the childishness up there to see, but there must be an upside here for supercars. Want to grow your series internationally? Linking up with a successful overseas promoter in a platform that has a significant international footprint already has to be a plus. Yes, you do need compatible business models and personalities but the foundation is there if they want to use it.

My focus is firstly 2016 B12h. What do people see as the likely changes, if any, for next year's race? Or is it something that we will see for 2017 onwards?
Old 17 Jul 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3559252)   #334
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
More SRO involvement is a good thing. As long as V8SC take over promotion and nothing else, it should be fine (unless of course they don't promote it at all).

The only change I want to see happen at this point is the introduction of slow zones instead of safety car intervention. It makes perfect sense on a track as large as Mt Panorama.
Old 18 Jul 2015, 00:26 (Ref:3559257)   #335
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
The only change I want to see happen at this point is the introduction of slow zones instead of safety car intervention. It makes perfect sense on a track as large as Mt Panorama.
O'Brien in an interview after the 2015 race said he liked all the safety cars, and V8SC are long-time fans of the safety cars

The B12hr has become in the last two editions just like the 1000, everything before the last safety car is irrelevant.
Old 18 Jul 2015, 03:28 (Ref:3559269)   #336
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

The B12hr has become in the last two editions just like the 1000, everything before the last safety car is irrelevant.
Ed Zachary, a real shame given the massive number of positives that the event has going for it (in my opinion).

Without wanting to rush to solution mode too swiftly, if not a slow zone then at the very least some more elegant way of clearing the cutting after an incident. Quite a challenge given the topography I'm sure....
Old 18 Jul 2015, 05:22 (Ref:3559271)   #337
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Things looking up for the 12 hour.

A probable new promoter that knows how to promote and The link to an Asian GT race looking more likely

What seemed obvious from the article SRO are not interested in taking over the promotion at this point. cross that thought pattern of the list
Old 18 Jul 2015, 07:20 (Ref:3559283)   #338
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
2016 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 4-7 February

It's worth looking at this years WEC rounds at Spa and Le Mans to see how well the slow zones work in endurance racing. Spa was a thriller to the end without any safety cars.

The top of the mountain can be difficult with the blind corners but all they need is a slow zone from the cutting to skyline and another from skyline to the elbow. This years 12H ending felt too manufactured for my liking and something needs to be done.
Old 19 Jul 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3559612)   #339
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
So any announcements yet?

Thought we might have had some announcements by teams taking advantage of the early Bird special
Old 20 Jul 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3559898)   #340
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I bit the bullet this morning, booked flights into and out of Sydney, a rental car (manual Almera, that'll get the blood pumping!) and accommodation on Havannah St, which appears to be within walking distance of the track. My first trip to Bathurst, so pretty bloody excited!
Old 21 Jul 2015, 00:02 (Ref:3559904)   #341
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've considered this option as opposed to camping next year. Out of curiosity, was there a minimum amount of nights you had to book accommodation?
Old 21 Jul 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3559905)   #342
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
To be honest, I'm not sure, I just went straight to Thursday night til Monday morning, and lo & behold, there were still 3 rooms available.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3559908)   #343
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks anyway. Was considering Friday to Sunday, but wasn't sure I'd be able to get just the 3 nights.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 03:18 (Ref:3559925)   #344
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Well I bit the bullet this morning, booked flights into and out of Sydney, a rental car (manual Almera, that'll get the blood pumping!) and accommodation on Havannah St, which appears to be within walking distance of the track. My first trip to Bathurst, so pretty bloody excited!
That's great to hear mate and the cars, the track and the event will be something to remember. Yoùr only staying a couple of streets away from me and it's only minutes from the track.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 07:02 (Ref:3559943)   #345
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good score mate, do you know what number Havannah St? It runs all the way from the base of the Mount to the Macquarie river about 4km or so away
Old 21 Jul 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3559988)   #346
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
According to google maps it's about 3.4km to the track. Will be an early start and a good hike on the Sunday morning!
Old 21 Jul 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3560135)   #347
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
According to google maps it's about 3.4km to the track. Will be an early start and a good hike on the Sunday morning!
Why would you walk? ( unless you were planning on spending the day getting smashed?)

Heaps of free parking at the gate, you can then use your car to drive up and down the mountaing at will, where there is also heaps of free parking and space to park. Traffic is no issue. easy to get in and out

It means you can buy a cheap esky in bathurst and fill it with ice drinks and food to save you paying the high prices at the track.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 03:44 (Ref:3560177)   #348
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Why would you walk? ( unless you were planning on spending the day getting smashed?)

Heaps of free parking at the gate, you can then use your car to drive up and down the mountaing at will, where there is also heaps of free parking and space to park. Traffic is no issue. easy to get in and out

It means you can buy a cheap esky in bathurst and fill it with ice drinks and food to save you paying the high prices at the track.
Haha, well you kind of summed it up Pecky. I don't plan on getting smashed, but I will be having a drink or 2, and wouldn't want to drive. I guess with Friday and Saturday to scope the joint out, and plan my Sunday, I'll see how it goes.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 05:28 (Ref:3560185)   #349
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Haha, well you kind of summed it up Pecky. I don't plan on getting smashed, but I will be having a drink or 2, and wouldn't want to drive. I guess with Friday and Saturday to scope the joint out, and plan my Sunday, I'll see how it goes.
Not many places to buy alcohol at the track, none at the top of the mountain and "technically" you can not take your own alcohol to the track
Old 22 Jul 2015, 06:48 (Ref:3560197)   #350
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Not many places to buy alcohol at the track, none at the top of the mountain and "technically" you can not take your own alcohol to the track

As long as I can get a coupla cold ones during the afternoon I'll be happy enough