Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Feb 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1834841)   #351
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I've not had an acknowledgement of my faxed order form yet, should I be worried? I'd email to check but I'm scared of being put at the back of the queue for being a naughty boy and pestering them!
I think your best bet would be to call, actually, Craig. (I'm going to do that myself)

I was getting nowhere with email with the reservations portion of the office, and so I called - and within 4 days I had received my reservation contract.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Feb 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1834844)   #352
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi
thank you aco for ****ing up my 07 trip aswell
I rest my case...

@GT6,

I've seen these longdistance drinkers as well,they walk to the track for the start and again go to see the end. Both for about fifteen minutes....

I'll admit I'm not completely sober myself for half the time I'm there,but I'll never go as far that I can't walk and thus miss the race.
I would not wan't to miss the moment it get's so dark that all the cars start using double sets of headlights!
Old 6 Feb 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1834867)   #353
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
I have no ticket allocation at all yet!
Nor me, but I'm not too worried (at the moment! ).
Old 6 Feb 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1834870)   #354
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Again no problems for me, got my allocation two weeks ago, paid instantly and the tickets i wanted, Tribune stands and camping Houx are mine.
Don' t understand why there is such a big difference with getting your desired places. I am a visitor since 1991 and ever since I buy directly from ACO without problems.
They are fine for me!
Old 6 Feb 2007, 23:05 (Ref:1835011)   #355
phunky_monkey
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
phunky_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6

If we must have grandstands for old, disabled or lazy people lets at least make them as inobtrusive as possible so they do not effect everyone else.
That's a bit of a generalisation wouldn't you think?

I'm flying in from Australia on the Thursday, then onto a bus for 8 hours... I'm going to be trying to stay awake, let alone stand! I think I deserve a seat
Old 6 Feb 2007, 23:55 (Ref:1835038)   #356
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky_monkey
That's a bit of a generalisation wouldn't you think?

I'm flying in from Australia on the Thursday, then onto a bus for 8 hours... I'm going to be trying to stay awake, let alone stand! I think I deserve a seat
On a bus for 8 hours , where are you arriving then Barcelona, Milan or Amsterdam perhaps, surely Paris would have been a better option
Old 7 Feb 2007, 07:28 (Ref:1835139)   #357
Ebi
Rookie

Malta
Malta
Ebi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thing is the way they mess with the fans is a disgrace really, i booked my campsite tickets for Karting Nord last July with them and yesterday they emailed me telling me that when i booked them they were already sold out! SO WHY WAIT SO LONG TO TELL ME FFS?! now im gonna end up in the technopark or BEAUSEJOUR
Old 7 Feb 2007, 16:54 (Ref:1835575)   #358
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi
thing is the way they mess with the fans is a disgrace really, i booked my campsite tickets for Karting Nord last July with them and yesterday they emailed me telling me that when i booked them they were already sold out! SO WHY WAIT SO LONG TO TELL ME FFS?! now im gonna end up in the technopark or BEAUSEJOUR
That is my point too. Some people here say,that as long as you know how they work at the ACO,there's no problem ordering,but how is one supposed to know this then? By trial and error? It should be stated somewhere that it is a good idea to order one's tickets from as soon as pre-qualifying!

Moneyhungry,fan ignoring *******s! Last year I bought one very simple ice popsicle which cost me about TEN TIMES what they'll cost in a petrolstation.
I understand things are allways more expensive at a racetrack,but the ACO is using this knowledge to raise prices to mere crimminal levels.
Old 7 Feb 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1835584)   #359
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
That is my point too. Some people here say,that as long as you know how they work at the ACO,there's no problem ordering,but how is one supposed to know this then? By trial and error? It should be stated somewhere that it is a good idea to order one's tickets from as soon as pre-qualifying!

Moneyhungry,fan ignoring *******s! Last year I bought one very simple ice popsicle which cost me about TEN TIMES what they'll cost in a petrolstation.
I understand things are allways more expensive at a racetrack,but the ACO is using this knowledge to raise prices to mere crimminal levels.
I would beg to differ here, the cost of a General admission ticket hardly changed over the last couple of years and compared to F1 prices or in fact any quality race in the UK its CHEAP!.

There will always be a big mark up for in demand items at any event, and you can always stock up at the supermarket, it's not exactly far to the Carrefore.

I have seen much bigger mark ups at many British events and in general prices at Lemans are regulated by the ACO, however I doubt it they stipulated that all Popsicles must be sold at a certain price so the vendors are therefore free to charge whatever they like.

The solution is either purchase something else or shop elsewhere. There are also numerous water fountains situated around the track which are drinkable.
Old 7 Feb 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1835604)   #360
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi
That is stange, because I was told today that they're working on August-filed requests right now. I'd be upset in your shoes, too.

My request is simply for grandstands, I'm not camping; and my accommodation request was quickly resolved to my satisfaction, so I've not had any real difficulty yet. But I won't find out about my grandstand allocation for some time sadly, as I didn't request until October ...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Feb 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1835639)   #361
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I spoke too soon, got home from work this evening to find a letter from the ACO confirming receipt of my request. They'll be in touch 'in a couple of months' apparently! Joy!! Fingers crossed there's good news!!
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1835742)   #362
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Quote:
That is my point too. Some people here say,that as long as you know how they work at the ACO,there's no problem ordering,but how is one supposed to know this then? By trial and error?
Maybe by communicating with the ACO, pop by the office at PQ and the race or even the classic LM, talk to the the nice ACO ladies at the ticket office. You might even wanna try to communicate with your fellow Le Mans fans that obviously know some of those intricate secrets you think, dealing with the ACO has.

Finally I'm with GT6 on this one, have you ever been to other motorsport events f.e. in the UK or God forbid to a F1-race???

And b*tching about popsickles did you ever buy a bottle at the poo bar???????
Old 8 Feb 2007, 07:59 (Ref:1836024)   #363
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
That is stange, because I was told today that they're working on August-filed requests right now. I'd be upset in your shoes, too.
Ok, now I'm worried......
Old 8 Feb 2007, 08:28 (Ref:1836039)   #364
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That is stange, because I was told today that they're working on August-filed requests right now.
We applied in Mid-September so we must be getting near the top of list now....
Old 8 Feb 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1836223)   #365
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Ok, now I'm worried......
........and now I'm not!

My order has been processed and is in the post (allocation exactly as requested)!
Old 8 Feb 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1836493)   #366
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas
Maybe by communicating with the ACO, pop by the office at PQ and the race or even the classic LM, talk to the the nice ACO ladies at the ticket office. You might even wanna try to communicate with your fellow Le Mans fans that obviously know some of those intricate secrets you think, dealing with the ACO has.

Finally I'm with GT6 on this one, have you ever been to other motorsport events f.e. in the UK or God forbid to a F1-race???

And b*tching about popsickles did you ever buy a bottle at the poo bar???????
Well excuse me,but to have to investigate how to obtain tickets for this event,is just plain stupid! I still say that the ACO should mention THEMSELVES how best to order. After all,aren't these kind of dealings supposed to be simple and straightforward?
I guess it is all very easy to blame people for making dumb mistakes ordering their tickets if you have a local from Le Mans who goes and get you your tickets every year...
I'd like to be able to JUST order tickets from Holland and NOT have to go to PQ to make 100% sure I get what I want.

About the high prices at the track,it is (again) the ACO who charge vendors at the track very high rates to sell their goods.
As for the champagnebar,one expects high prices for this.
Furthermore,there's a reason I didn't compare Le Mans to F1 prices or UK prices,because next to those two,every race and country is cheap...
I have no problem paying big money on good stuff,I just hate to get ripped for something small and simple.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1836746)   #367
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Quote:
I still say that the ACO should mention THEMSELVES how best to order. After all,aren't these kind of dealings supposed to be simple and straightforward?
I guess it is all very easy to blame people for making dumb mistakes ordering their tickets if you have a local from Le Mans who goes and get you your tickets every year...
I'd like to be able to JUST order tickets from Holland and NOT have to go to PQ to make 100% sure I get what I want..
Listen Gt4, you can continue to defend the indefensible but fact is that by going about things the right way, you can deal with the ACO fairly easy.
You obviously donot understand this, but believe me that I donot use and need any help from locals, nor attend every PQ and still secure all the tickets I need, from Holland just like you.
Maybe instead of b*tching about the ACO, you should focus on understanding the allocation process and hence avoid expensive options like e-bay and ticket offices.

Quote:
About the high prices at the track,it is (again) the ACO who charge vendors at the track very high rates to sell their goods.
As for the champagnebar,one expects high prices for this.
Furthermore,there's a reason I didn't compare Le Mans to F1 prices or UK prices,because next to those two,every race and country is cheap...
I have no problem paying big money on good stuff,I just hate to get ripped for something small and simple.
Sure it's all the ACO's fault, nothing to do with the vendors. Come on Gt4, now you are just whining in order to make your not existing point.

You my friend are just another fellow Dutchie that alas doesn't understand the ACO, Le Mans and probably France and the French.
No problem with that, but better stay quiet, learn, improve and solve the problems you now encounter instead of whining about how unfair the system (that works fine for others) treats you.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1836831)   #368
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Sorry mate,you're just simply too shortsighted to aknowledge the problems the ACO produces. In your eyes,the ACO is just great 'n peachy. I look at things with real experiences. It's not as if I'm the only one,if you're such a France annorak then you should know that the french are some of the worst in the area of bureaucracy...
There's absolutly no reason for me to defend anything. It's not that I'm speakin' my opinion here or something,or "*****ing" as you say.
Stuff like this simply occurs,it's just the soure reallity.

What I do here is nothing more then sharing my experiences so that others may be allert to them.
Meanwhile,it would take WWIII to stop me from going. In the end it's worth all the hassle.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 23:51 (Ref:1836866)   #369
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bas and GTFour, I think we now know where you both stand on this subject. Much more of this and you're going to break the seesaw!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 06:37 (Ref:1836973)   #370
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
........and now I'm not!

My order has been processed and is in the post (allocation exactly as requested)!
How did you find that out? Did you call or email? I couldn't get to a "real" person on the phone, or any response by email to find out when I'll know if I've got my pit stands tickets (I did get a letter acknowledging that they'd received my toicket request).
Old 9 Feb 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1837009)   #371
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
How did you find that out? Did you call or email?
I telephoned the ACO booking office. The number is 0033 892 697 224. Have your client reference number ready, listen to the recorded message and follow the instructions. If you don't speak any French, just ask the person who answers if they speak English. If they don't, they will ask you to wait and put you through to someone who does. The ladies are all very nice, if they can help you they will. Good luck!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1837287)   #372
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Quote:
Sorry mate,you're just simply too shortsighted..........
No need for insults I think??????

Quote:
Meanwhile,it would take WWIII to stop me from going. In the end it's worth all the hassle.
I agree, nothing would stop me from going too, but what is that hassle you are talking about

Case closed in order to keep the seesaw in one piece
Old 9 Feb 2007, 15:33 (Ref:1837427)   #373
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
You do tend to get more detailed answers via the phone; I've just asked about my order, which I sent in October, and was told that they are finalizing September orders right now - so, instead of finding out in March what I shall get, I was promised an answer next week.

-Bill James
Old 9 Feb 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1837597)   #374
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You do tend to get more detailed answers via the phone; I've just asked about my order, which I sent in October, and was told that they are finalizing September orders right now - so, instead of finding out in March what I shall get, I was promised an answer next week.
Sounds like we should be hearing soon.

All sounded a good idea back in sept not to go the usual route for our tickets, glad the Houx Annexe are in the bag but the excitement is almost too much waiting for those chrished Grandstand tickets. I was tempted with a 1/2 price deck chair the other day that would have looked great on the bank, but decided to push my luck and hold out.

Will we be on the tribunes, soaking wet or toasted to a crisp, or may we yet be perched high in our comfy seats shading from the sun drinking a luke warm fizzy beer looking down at the red sunburnt masses below who in turn stare back with a pleading look.

btw - GTfour, chill a bit, its only a motor race and no one has a divine right to get the tickets they want. I have been going since 1980 and believe me it was a hole lot more disorganised then, but the advantage was very few people considered getting tickets in advance, i can recal driving between the campsites trying to find one with space but we never moaned we just took what was available and the same is true now, we hope for the Houx annexe, but if we end up in BSJ then no worries, we are still there and we would hope to make some new friends.

The ACO do operate a first come system, and they have to sort not only the car 24hr, but the MotoGP and bike 24. For both these people also book in advance. Sure they could be quicker, but the end result would be the same, if all the tickets have gone when you get to the top of the list, tough.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1837960)   #375
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Ok, don't laugh, but there's a catch........

I only asked for two tribune tickets this year. They've offered me seats in completely different rows (although they are at least in the same grandstand)!