Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Feb 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3211202)   #351
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
Don't know if this has already been asked or not, but does anyone care to make a guess as to just how competitive this entry might be? The Deltawing was pretty fast, how close to the front of the grid can we realistically expect this entry to get?
Depends on specifications, at this stage we don't even know what the car will look like, the weight + power + torque figures yielded by whatever is used to power the car, so we can't even start to speculate about something that probably now only exists in the mind of a designer.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3211204)   #352
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes I know that, but some of us on here are signifcantly more well informed than others. My impression from the press release from Nissan however is that they are looking to be competitive and as close to the front of the grid as they can.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3211216)   #353
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
Yes I know that, but some of us on here are signifcantly more well informed than others. My impression from the press release from Nissan however is that they are looking to be competitive and as close to the front of the grid as they can.
Yes, close but without disturbing the front battle in LMP1 : "Thus, Nissan will enter a car powered by a totally new powertrain featuring electric technology whose performance level will be defined so as not to interfere with the battle for outright victory or for wins in the different classes."
Old 26 Feb 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3211232)   #354
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I don't even mind if Nissan does bring a hydrogen or purely electric P1 that would battle for the overall win, a long as ACO imposes the regulatory restrictions similar to the limitations that electric or hydrogen road cars would face on long road trip the real world! That means no quick battery swapping and the like. Anything else would equate to entering a car running on a mix of unobtainium and cryptonite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Any pictures of the car in Le Mans this year????
You mean the H-bomb? I think it was unveiled at the last year's Le Mans 24 http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/offici...n-gt-_215.html

Last edited by Pandamasque; 26 Feb 2013 at 17:29.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3211258)   #355
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely had more time to think it through after last night.

The announcement went how I predicted a few days ago when I said Nissan announcements usually initially annoy/anger me, then I come around to the idea, but all the while wish it was a P1 programme.

So it pretty much ticked all three boxes.

As Hindy predicted before the announcement, all it really did is leave us with a heap more questions.

I don't know how excited to be because there's barely any information. I'm not going to fist pump the air because Nissan have a "timeframe" in place to enter P1. It's just frustrating that it's still such a long way down the road. That's a regs issue too.

Is a manufacturer showing 'intent' to come back to P1 enough to convince other manufacturers? I'm not sure, but it's better than nothing.

And that's how I feel about G56 too. I might be wrong but there felt like a bit of a danger that the spot might go unused in 2014. So to go from that to having basically a manufacturer effort - in what ever form - surely has to be a net gain. 2014 should be a landmark event - and like it or not this entry adds another great big sub-plot, a concept Nissan are making their own.

I have a bit of a weird relationship with Nissan. They put money into sportscars, yet at the same time they often frustrate me greatly. I think the reason for that is because deep down I have a level of respect for what they are doing. What they did with the DeltaWing from a marketing standpoint is complete genius. Looking at what they got out vs what they actually put in - you have to applaud that in a sense. It just isn't what I want personally.

The whole thing leaves me conflicted. Like I really dislike the Nissan infomercials and, frankly, nuthugging on RLM, but I love that Nissan support RLM.

And I have to come back to what I said late last night which is that, in this motorsport bubble, we end up blasting manufacturers who are right now spending money in sportscars. They could just leave tomorrow like Peugeot. On the most basic level you have to be happy with anything you get.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3211275)   #356
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Any chance that it is an all-electric DeltaWing?
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3211279)   #357
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is a play...

Try not to burn me alive now, we are just having fun, so yes, there are no doors yet (and so many other things)

More views here:

http://www.aliasguy.com/DW-LM-2014/index.html

Noticed how the fenders recall the LEAF's?

Old 26 Feb 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3211293)   #358
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An electric racing car won't be silent, but it won't be no V10 either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxvkxZ_qJo
Old 26 Feb 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3211295)   #359
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
Try not to burn me alive now, we are just having fun, so yes, there are no doors yet (and so many other things)

More views here:

Hahaha, great effort. I'd love to see that race ! With a petrol engine preferably...
Old 26 Feb 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3211299)   #360
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
An electric racing car won't be silent, but it won't be no V10 either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxvkxZ_qJo
Pikes Peak electric cars aren't silent on Race Day, no. They have sirens fitted to them so fans can actually hear them for safety reasons!
Old 26 Feb 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3211301)   #361
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Pikes Peak electric cars aren't silent on Race Day, no. They have sirens fitted to them so fans can actually hear them for safety reasons!
They can generate any noise they want. We can imagine there will be a minimal noise level in the next regulation...
Old 26 Feb 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3211321)   #362
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only thing worse than a silent car is one that makes a fake noise.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3211327)   #363
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Seriously? My god, what has this world been comin' to...
Old 26 Feb 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3211353)   #364
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, since it's an unfenced course, with many curves, and spectators lining it...
Organizers have to do something to lower chances of lawsuits from injured morons.

Last edited by Breitling24; 26 Feb 2013 at 22:06.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3211368)   #365
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Nissan Motorsport twit: Here's a thought. Do we ever do what everyone expects us to do?
I already imagine an electric DW with this sound http://youtu.be/97IV2XK2l3U
Old 26 Feb 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3211380)   #366
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably be a rubbish colour too.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3211412)   #367
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
The only thing worse than a silent car is one that makes a fake noise.
Yo, dawg, check this new engine roar I just downloaded for my ride!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 01:31 (Ref:3211433)   #368
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I heard a story on Public Radio recently about trying to find a sound for the growing population of electric vehicles to alert pedestrians-popular choice was the sound of the flying car from the Jetson's cartoon.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 02:23 (Ref:3211452)   #369
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post

More views here:

Impressive!

I remember back when the Nissan GTP with Electramotive was running in the 1980's. I was just learning the new design tool, Adobe Illustrator, and I drew the Nissan GTP and showed it to Don Devendorf, head of Electramotive. He replied, "Yeah, that's pretty much what it looks like!"

We'll see how close you are!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 05:41 (Ref:3211490)   #370
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, let's wait the eternity of a year and see how close we get Hopefully first prototype shots would start coming out soon, so we don't have to wait for too long. Glad I am not the only one excited about this project!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3211524)   #371
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Interesting thoughts:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan13.html
Old 27 Feb 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3211526)   #372
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Exactly. Manufacturers can't just throw money away these days, but also you don't want to sit on the sidelines and watch your competitors get all of the limelight.

I think it's got a real chance of being a great project - having seen the previous Nissan, with Nismo efforts at Le Mans.

Of course they were light on detail - maybe they'd used the same book as Sony recently...!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3211549)   #373
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Of course they were light on detail - maybe they'd used the same book as Sony recently...!
The more you can spread out the release of the detail the more chances you get of getting into the press - a good marketing strategy at the end of the day - whoever is planning that strategy at Nissan is certainly getting maximum bang per buck.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3211566)   #374
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
That is nothing. The Lola-Drayson B12/69EV has 640 kW in total
It also uses 4 axial motors to tmg's 2. Seems there is the difference. Wonder if theyll use the leaf RC in the future or maybe just the livery.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3211576)   #375
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Definitely interesting. Mike was another who was initially disappointed and quite vocal but has now come around to this more reasoned reflection.

We've heard they want to prove the technology but I hadn't considered that they would also be looking to help the ACO with equivalency. I suppose that makes perfect sense.

To do that they ideally need to race this at a range of different circuits. That will be one of the interesting things - will they have it ready to race elsewhere outside of Le Mans? I'm not sure the new unified American series will be quite so willing to let them in as they try to establish a performance base.

Last edited by Simmi; 27 Feb 2013 at 10:20.