Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3182218)   #3726
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Grant, pedants belong on pist on heads, you're banned for five minutes, don't come back until 14:06
It wasn't an attempted correction Tim .... more a sort of, er, clarification question really.

Anyway, it's clear (I think) from Max's response that he would have written certified but felt obliged to be less accurate .... or "specific" .... or something, for reasons he has quite clearly outlined.

(Or have I got that wrong ....?)
Old 27 Dec 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3182235)   #3727
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Just been in and run my last Skid Car session as the owner has decided to sell up. Anyone need an experienced and certificated itinerant skid control instructor?

My employer only really has the two of us, and occasionally if one of us is unavailable needs a stand-in....but we're a bit far away for you!

Surely anyone buying the business will need experienced staff? Not worth buying the business yourself?
Old 27 Dec 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3182258)   #3728
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Richard - "a change is as good as a rest!" - looking for different challenges.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3182271)   #3729
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plum Pudding Pics

Well, after I had queued to get in I found that they had just started the bike the bike qualifying so I went off to find Cliff and crew, said hallo and then headed out to enjoy the sunshine. (See Pic 1)

By the and of the day we had pic 2.

In between - the other 4 shots and a load more.

An interesting day all round.

=========================

Currently the uploaded files are not displaying automatically for me. Not sure why. Will see if I can work it out. Click the link to see the pic for now if you have the same problem.

Last edited by grantp; 27 Dec 2012 at 19:51.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3182281)   #3730
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great shots as usual Grant
Old 27 Dec 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3182282)   #3731
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whose Max then?
Old 27 Dec 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3182288)   #3732
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Whose Max then?
Max is Min's mate. They are always seen together.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3182290)   #3733
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Whose Max then?
Not mine..... Or has predictive text struck again?

BTW was that Mini on a tow rope?

Great pics Grant!
Old 27 Dec 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3182317)   #3734
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
BTW was that Mini on a tow rope?
Yep - an elastic one
Old 27 Dec 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3182330)   #3735
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Belated Merry Christmas All x

Those going to the ACE tomorrow, its all booked in the name of 10/10ths and 360 should be a reserved table etc if im not there at first.

Hope to see you, if I dont have a very happy new year also and a very successful 2013 season

ta
C
Old 28 Dec 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3182365)   #3736
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Great shot of Cliff and mini.
Off to the Dentist now,something I have not one for over 30 years.Last time I went was then I slipped undoing layshaft nut on Hewland and clobbered myself in the face with the knuckle bar smashing tooth.Had tooth ache all Christmas so wish me luck.
BTW have a great time at the Ace today.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3182366)   #3737
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Great shots as usual Grant
Yup great shots.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3182367)   #3738
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Off to the Dentist now,something I have not one for over 30 years.Last time I went was then I slipped undoing layshaft nut on Hewland and clobbered myself in the face with the knuckle bar smashing tooth.Had tooth ache all Christmas so wish me luck.

Yes, good luck! I started to get occasional toothache last summer and it was suggested that better to get it fixed rather than have a problem away from UK. I did get it fixed. That was my first visit to dentist for ?? years also......
Old 28 Dec 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3182389)   #3739
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Send them by post Iain.
Happy New Year to all,hope your looking forward to it as much as I am.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3182390)   #3740
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Belated Merry Christmas All x

Those going to the ACE tomorrow, its all booked in the name of 10/10ths and 360 should be a reserved table etc if im not there at first.

Hope to see you, if I dont have a very happy new year also and a very successful 2013 season

ta
C
Sincerely apologies but my meeting has been put back and I do not think that I will be able to get to the Ace in time. Happy New Year to all.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3182418)   #3741
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So - who saw the Stirling Moss tribute on BBC2 last night? I wasn't sure at first about Patrick Stewart presenting it, but he proved to be extremely passionate about it didn't he? OK, I know he's a trained actor, but I think he was genuinely moved - more than once too. I never knew he was a real petrolhead!

Overall, an excellent programme I thought. Just one thing I'm a bit miffed about though: I live less than 15 miles from the Aintree circuit, and I never heard anything about them filming there earlier this year with the Vanwall, Moss, Brooks and Patrick Stewart all in attendance - what a missed opportunity that was! Bummer!

I would have loved to have seen that - I'd have been down there in a flash if I'd known. Not quite sure how they managed to keep it quiet either, as it appears they used the full lap, which means they must have closed the (public) Melling Road - not something you can just turn up and do without telling anyone! But somehow they must have kept a lid on it, as if you look in the background, you can see there isn't a soul around watching proceedings - but I'm sure there are plenty who'd have been falling over themselves to get a glimpse of that had they known about it - me for one!

Oh well, still a well done to the BBC, even if it is accompanied with feelings of having been cheated because they kept it hush-hush. Mind you, imagine the scene there had it been common knowledge that it was going down - probably would have been pandemonium!

Looking forward to the next two programmes now.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3182423)   #3742
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Guys I'm not gonna make today, because my laptop has given up (google "black screen) and despite three hours of rebooting and system restoring it is still as useful as chocolate tepot and now I have to go get a new one the only free day to get a new one is tody (hence why this is being done from my Blackberry)

I'm away over the weekend and new yers eve and need the laptp when I return to work wed (newcastle)

I will wish you all a happy new year and god bless

Ta
C
Old 28 Dec 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3182430)   #3743
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw the documentary too, I thought it was excellent and also that Sir PS was genuinely moved. What a modest man he came across as...despite his own exalted status, he let Sir S do the talking so that we learned about the interviewee not the interviewer. I'd never have guessed Sir P (Delta's stunt stand-in?) was 70+, I'll forgive him his slow driving at the Silverstone Classic now!

Imagine phoning up Go Compare and asking for insurance cover on two knights and a Gull Wing!

If you missed the documentary, let iplayer be your friend. Tonight it's James Martin (who I believe is a cook) and Sir JYS.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3182439)   #3744
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dangerous Roads was good viewing after that as well.Quite surprising driving from the two people on board. Recommended for some light hearted watching.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3182456)   #3745
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

If you missed the documentary, let iplayer be your friend. Tonight it's James Martin (who I believe is a cook) and Sir JYS.
Agreed - caught it on I-player late last night - great programme......

And @ Terence - I was impressed with Mariella Frostrup's driving, too - I suspect either they'd had some training, or she lives somewhere in the wilds, because for sure that wasn't the first time she'd driven a 4x4 in very tricky conditions......
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3182491)   #3746
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Re Legends, there is discussion in 'armchair' that is running on same lines. I would have liked more depth but when it boils down to it we got some good archive stuff, some modern nice shots of lovely cars in pretty scenery, and Patrick chatting to Stirling. Looked as if the Hall & Hall guys were getting bit peed of push starting the Vanwall.....

See Peter M has sorted date for next year's Ace meet. Thanks Peter, though not sure can make the 27th- might be washing my hair that day........
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3182500)   #3747
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sorry we couldn't make the "Ace" but it was too far to travel !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garrucha 1.jpg (407.4 KB, 34 views)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3182501)   #3748
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My wife quite enjoyed "Legends" as well, despite hating motor racing. I had taken the precaution of warning her that the expression "Chasing Crumpet" was bound to feature as soon as Sir S started to reminisce...
Old 28 Dec 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3182503)   #3749
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Sorry we couldn't make the "Ace" but it was too far to travel !
Bough Beech Reservoir busy for the time of year I see, Gordon....
Old 28 Dec 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3182510)   #3750
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Bough Beech Reservoir busy for the time of year I see, Gordon....
Looks like Lowestoft harbour to me!