Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jun 2014, 03:12 (Ref:3416011)   #376
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be a major achievement if they did get a title sponsor but chances are they won't
Old 6 Jun 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3416097)   #377
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On past history it's hard to disagree. All those years ago who would have thought that Shell would never be replaced!

I wouldn't write off it off completely though, James Warburton seems to quietly go about his business. He has been pretty impressive in difficult times.

I would have thought sports coverage is one of the few bright futures for television coverage. It's so easy for people to fast forward over conventional ad breaks.

I'm surprised we don't see "side-by-side" advertising like they have in the NASCAR. Maybe there's a law against it in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side-by-side_(graphic)
Old 6 Jun 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3416195)   #378
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can you find someone, anyone who referred to the series as the V8Supercar Championship Series presented by Bigpond & XXXX?
So what? They were series sponsors, had their logos built into the series logo and provided a suitable level of income (reported at the time as higher than the previous Shell investment). How are they not series sponsors as you claimed?
Old 7 Jul 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3431352)   #379
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Time for us to begin the tears. And hope like crazy that Foxtel uses a different network talking head to present the 2015 & beyond coverage

Matt White Joins #10
Old 7 Jul 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3431576)   #380
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm curious how they're going to manage it for the dual broadcast marquee races. Will 10 get their own presenter in there for the six races. You'd think they'd want to, especially for Bathurst.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3431577)   #381
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
I'm curious how they're going to manage it for the dual broadcast marquee races. Will 10 get their own presenter in there for the six races. You'd think they'd want to, especially for Bathurst.
all races are on ten, just some are not live or in full
Old 8 Jul 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3431662)   #382
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Time for us to begin the tears. And hope like crazy that Foxtel uses a different network talking head to present the 2015 & beyond coverage

Matt White Joins #10

It doesn't matter where Matt White is going there's going to be tears and they won't be tears of joy either.

Let's just enjoy the rest of 2014 without him and enjoy while we can
Old 8 Jul 2014, 09:05 (Ref:3431707)   #383
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
It doesn't matter where Matt White is going there's going to be tears and they won't be tears of joy either.

Let's just enjoy the rest of 2014 without him and enjoy while we can
I miss him, no one to remotely keep Cromely and Skaife in check, and now Cromely is also doping the role the White used to do
Old 8 Jul 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3431733)   #384
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know why all the moaning continues on about Matt White. He is a commentator. He is paid to be a loudmouth. Last time I checked, all TV's had a mute button. All the major sports have their personalities with questionable talents for commentary. We have to listen to Phil Goulds verbal diarrhea in the NRL, Ian Chappell's sleep inducing commentary in the cricket and Bruce McAvaney's dribble at the Olympics, so I don't think White is worse than any of them.
Unfortunately, there ain't a lot to choose from in Australia. There's a few guys who think they are good enough to do commentary, but wouldn't get even close to impressing TV network execs, who are after someone with a track record, and a profile. Personally, I don't have any problems with Crompton and Skaife. Crompton could handle the anchor role OK, and has done it before, anyway. Whenever the discussion has been brought up about alternatives, a couple of names have been mentioned. But guys like Noonan, who is a knowledgeable stats guy, won't interest the network nobs in charge. They want someone with a personality. He may be a nice guy and have some fans with the anoraks, but that's about it.
Richard Craill would be the only other guy capable of doing the job, and we don't want to see him there, as he would probably be lost from the B12H team. His commentary has come ahead in leaps and bounds, since he has teamed up with the RLM crowd at the 12 hour in recent years.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3431740)   #385
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jessica Yates.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3431742)   #386
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MW was on The Project last night, ruined a good show. Mind you I was already biased towards not liking his drivel before the show started.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3431744)   #387
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
all races are on ten, just some are not live or in full
But those will just use the Fox feed and don't need a host.

For the six marquee races, they'll need a host, will have their own ads, cut-aways, cross-promotions. It's a different style of broadcast on FTA than Pay TV, especially for Bathurst.

So will it be shared or will there be a separation.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3431746)   #388
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
I don't know why all the moaning continues on about Matt White. He is a commentator. He is paid to be a loudmouth. Last time I checked, all TV's had a mute button. All the major sports have their personalities with questionable talents for commentary. We have to listen to Phil Goulds verbal diarrhea in the NRL, Ian Chappell's sleep inducing commentary in the cricket and Bruce McAvaney's dribble at the Olympics, so I don't think White is worse than any of them.
Unfortunately, there ain't a lot to choose from in Australia. There's a few guys who think they are good enough to do commentary, but wouldn't get even close to impressing TV network execs, who are after someone with a track record, and a profile. Personally, I don't have any problems with Crompton and Skaife. Crompton could handle the anchor role OK, and has done it before, anyway. Whenever the discussion has been brought up about alternatives, a couple of names have been mentioned. But guys like Noonan, who is a knowledgeable stats guy, won't interest the network nobs in charge. They want someone with a personality. He may be a nice guy and have some fans with the anoraks, but that's about it.
Richard Craill would be the only other guy capable of doing the job, and we don't want to see him there, as he would probably be lost from the B12H team. His commentary has come ahead in leaps and bounds, since he has teamed up with the RLM crowd at the 12 hour in recent years.
Skaife is just way to way bias towards one manufactor.

But who is out there to commentate, I agree Cromerly would be a good anchor. Yes Noons would be one pick, but what chances of a fresh face making a go at it? Larko & Jessica Yates for the pit reports?
What about Mr Oastler?

But please please don not bring Mr Diffey back, he is motorsports version of Gus Gould.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Jul 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3431778)   #389
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Skaife is just way to way bias towards one manufactor.

But who is out there to commentate, I agree Cromerly would be a good anchor. Yes Noons would be one pick, but what chances of a fresh face making a go at it? Larko & Jessica Yates for the pit reports?
What about Mr Oastler?

But please please don not bring Mr Diffey back, he is motorsports version of Gus Gould.
No offence to Jessica Yates but don't we want people in the pits who know what they are talking about?

Some of the stuff done by Beretta and Crehan is cringeworthy stuff.

Do we expect the Foxtel stuff to be abit more 'hardcore', with all the fluff pieces reserved for Channel 10?
Old 8 Jul 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3431847)   #390
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I don't mind Riahna and Beretts as they're far less annoying then MW even though they're less knowledgable then Cromley and Skaife and Rhiana looks a treat in a racesuit especially with that blonde hair of hers but I digress......

Noons is awesome!!!

He's knowledgable and entertaining, I really enjoy his commentary, how come he doesn't have a role in the main game I do not know

I think he's a tenther also as is Richard Craill
Old 8 Jul 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3431900)   #391
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leigh Diffey is a US citizen these days so I doubt he would give up his NBC job for v8s, perhaps just for Bathurst ?
Old 8 Jul 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3431936)   #392
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Noons is awesome!!!

He's knowledgable and entertaining, I really enjoy his commentary, how come he doesn't have a role in the main game I do not know

I think he's a tenther also as is Richard Craill
Noonz1 still lurks on here but has not posted for a long time. Was quite active back in the day chasing old footage off members and building his chassis database. A few of the drivers once posted here too. Noske once posted regularly and Garth would jump on occasionally like when a member went on a rant about an F3 accident at Oran Park.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3431948)   #393
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
But those will just use the Fox feed and don't need a host.

For the six marquee races, they'll need a host, will have their own ads, cut-aways, cross-promotions. It's a different style of broadcast on FTA than Pay TV, especially for Bathurst.

So will it be shared or will there be a separation.
Will it, have seen no information provided that suggest what you are suggesting.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3431958)   #394
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
No offence to Jessica Yates but don't we want people in the pits who know what they are talking about?
They currently have Larko which goes against that train of thought
Old 9 Jul 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3432018)   #395
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Will it, have seen no information provided that suggest what you are suggesting.

FTA - will have ads; Pay - no ads except at Bathurst.
The integration of advertisers into the editorial (Brand X leaderboard, highlight brought to you by Product Y) you would expect to be different between channels.

There are a multitude of potential differences between Pay TV & FTA. I'm wondering how that will be managed.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 04:24 (Ref:3432020)   #396
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Leigh Diffey is a US citizen these days so I doubt he would give up his NBC job for v8s, perhaps just for Bathurst ?
Not to mention the US distributor of PWR. Life is very, very good in the USA for Mr Diffey.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 05:53 (Ref:3432032)   #397
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How would you expect it to be any different to what eduardo1 is suggesting?

Channel 10 will want one of their faces hosting particularly the six biggies they are covering, would they want a Foxtel face presenting it? It would preumebly be the same vice versa.

The final commentary details obviously haven't been announced (possibly they can't until the Ch7 deal finishes depending on the particulars of the commentary teams contracts), but if they are sharing race coomentary it does make the other particulars a little interesting when it comes to advertisements and cross-promotions within the individual channels.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 06:03 (Ref:3432035)   #398
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
How would you expect it to be any different to what eduardo1 is suggesting?

Channel 10 will want one of their faces hosting particularly the six biggies they are covering, would they want a Foxtel face presenting it? It would preumebly be the same vice versa.

The final commentary details obviously haven't been announced (possibly they can't until the Ch7 deal finishes depending on the particulars of the commentary teams contracts), but if they are sharing race coomentary it does make the other particulars a little interesting when it comes to advertisements and cross-promotions within the individual channels.
IS not V8TV going to continue to produce the footage
Old 9 Jul 2014, 06:14 (Ref:3432040)   #399
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
IS not V8TV going to continue to produce the footage
1) Producing, and 2) Speaking into the microphone, are 2 separate things
Old 9 Jul 2014, 07:18 (Ref:3432057)   #400
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
1) Producing, and 2) Speaking into the microphone, are 2 separate things
can be, however may not be

we just dont have enough information at this stage

I would suggest that its going to be the one telecast though