Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 13 Sep 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3452762)   #1
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I've just read some background info on the nzgp debacle on velocities fb page.....hold your head in shame MSNZ. Why oh why do you continue to quash any possible opportunity to get things moving forward in this country? MSNZ seems to take some sort of perverse pleasure out of c**king things up everytime. No wonder so many categories dont want anything to do with them.
Please note my rant is not aimed at Crunch, I appreciate you being on here. This is aimed right at Brian Budd. Seems that Manfield were quite keen on the shared risk model offered by ST, and ST offered significant contribution to promoting the event and this idea got slammed by Budd who tells us they have appointed another promoter! Is that really the job of the so called governing body.....I think not.
Take your blinkers off Budd and MSNZ....you are the ones killing this aspect of the sport, not the renegade maverick bad boy cant do anything right STs

For crying out loud....this is not rocket science!
What I would like to Know, who's this "Mystery Promoter" being kept under wraps. The early Money will have to be on Fine/Cooper and Co
Old 13 Sep 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3452896)   #2
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
What I would like to Know, who's this "Mystery Promoter" being kept under wraps. The early Money will have to be on Fine/Cooper and Co
It is a sports promotion company based in Wellington lead by an ex-All Black.
They have taken on the role that Montego filled until we could find a promoter. So James K, no cost to members. In contrast to what the emotive posts are saying, this IS MSNZ getting out totally of promotion.

They have the rights to promote events and to help minimise the $$ risk from the circuit owners.

So hopefully that clears that up?
Old 13 Sep 2014, 22:40 (Ref:3453023)   #3
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Hmm, not quite

Velocity's post stated:
Motorsport NZ General Manager Brian Budd conceded in emails knowledge of V8 SuperTourers wishing to assist with promotion of the NZGP meeting, but went on to say that Motorsport NZ had secured an "independent promoter" for the event

"MSNZ has engaged an independent promoter to promote the Toyota International Series excluding the NZGP Round which is being promoted by Manfeild Park. Manfeild Park was awarded hosting and promotion rights to the NZGP event through a bid process late last year

As far as MSNZ is aware Manfeild is still committed to hosting and promoting the NZGP event."

So who IS the promotor for Manfield, the above statements appear to contradict each other.
If it is Manfield, whats stopping them have ST assist. I would have thought there be no need to go back to the original bidders as MAnfiled was he winner and still is the promotor, just with assistance.

Last edited by JamesK; 13 Sep 2014 at 22:48. Reason: clarity
Old 13 Sep 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3453036)   #4
MS Fan
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
MS Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
Hmm, not quite

Velocity's post stated:
Motorsport NZ General Manager Brian Budd conceded in emails knowledge of V8 SuperTourers wishing to assist with promotion of the NZGP meeting, but went on to say that Motorsport NZ had secured an "independent promoter" for the event

"MSNZ has engaged an independent promoter to promote the Toyota International Series excluding the NZGP Round which is being promoted by Manfeild Park. Manfeild Park was awarded hosting and promotion rights to the NZGP event through a bid process late last year

As far as MSNZ is aware Manfeild is still committed to hosting and promoting the NZGP event."

So who IS the promotor for Manfield, the above statements appear to contradict each other.
If it is Manfield, whats stopping them have ST assist. I would have thought there be no need to go back to the original bidders as MAnfiled was he winner and still is the promotor, just with assistance.
Everything I have seen indicates MSNZ is not the promoter of the NZGP meeting, it is Manfeild and while NZST have been invited and want to attend the meeting they have contractual obiligations that mean they want/need 2 other classes to run at meeting, so a situation of their own making for not being able to accept the invitation. So far Manfeild & NZST's have not reached agreement but discussions are on going. So not sure why people think MSNZ are stopping this happening, is there something I have missed ?
Old 14 Sep 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3453119)   #5
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
It is a sports promotion company based in Wellington lead by an ex-All Black.
They have taken on the role that Montego filled until we could find a promoter. So James K, no cost to members. In contrast to what the emotive posts are saying, this IS MSNZ getting out totally of promotion.

They have the rights to promote events and to help minimise the $$ risk from the circuit owners.

Christian Cullen and his company.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 02:56 (Ref:3452779)   #6
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I've just read some background info on the nzgp debacle on velocities fb page.....hold your head in shame MSNZ. Why oh why do you continue to quash any possible opportunity to get things moving forward in this country? MSNZ seems to take some sort of perverse pleasure out of c**king things up everytime. No wonder so many categories dont want anything to do with them.
Please note my rant is not aimed at Crunch, I appreciate you being on here. This is aimed right at Brian Budd. Seems that Manfield were quite keen on the shared risk model offered by ST, and ST offered significant contribution to promoting the event and this idea got slammed by Budd who tells us they have appointed another promoter! Is that really the job of the so called governing body.....I think not.
Take your blinkers off Budd and MSNZ....you are the ones killing this aspect of the sport, not the renegade maverick bad boy cant do anything right STs

really fan?
Old 13 Sep 2014, 09:05 (Ref:3452849)   #7
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
really fan?
Yep. Every word.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3452856)   #8
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:

Err ********, v8st signed on petch with his utes and the other utes. they ****ed up no one else.

adding 2 othier classes will draw everything out, now the supercars is moving its round its tba and a season calender hs never been complete
Old 13 Sep 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3452863)   #9
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Err ********, v8st signed on petch with his utes and the other utes. they ****ed up no one else.

adding 2 othier classes will draw everything out, now the supercars is moving its round its tba and a season calender hs never been complete
yep!
Old 13 Sep 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3452875)   #10
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't interpret your post blackpearl..
Old 13 Sep 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3452933)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can't interpret your post blackpearl..
Can probably be summed up by the word 'Trolling'.

Blackpearl, I'm sure you have knowledge, information or opinion that would add to this thread and provide topic for discussion. So it's a shame all you ever do is throw turds from a distance and from under cover of anonymity.

If you have something useful, please share it in a manner that's consistent with the rules of the site to which you agreed when you signed up (if you're struggling, you can find them here. Otherwise, please desist because it's boring and annoying and wastes my time.

Thank you
Old 15 Sep 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3453723)   #12
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Until Budd and Harris are gone nobody can move anywhere.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3453734)   #13
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Until Budd and Harris are gone nobody can move anywhere.
Brian Budd is an employee of the sport whereas Shane Harris is elected to his position, so if you feel that is the answer then either stand against Shane at the AGCM or nominate & get someone else to..... Simple!!
Old 16 Sep 2014, 01:28 (Ref:3453752)   #14
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Brian Budd is an employee of the sport whereas Shane Harris is elected to his position, so if you feel that is the answer then either stand against Shane at the AGCM or nominate & get someone else to..... Simple!!
My understanding is that Shayne Harris is not standing for re-election so in any event there will be a new MSNZ President at the end of his term.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3453846)   #15
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't seen a list of who's driving with who for the enduro's yet. Here's what I've seen posted so far:
Dom Storey/Dale Wood
Tim Edgell/Steve Owen
Chris Hanley/Daniel Gaunt
Mitch Cunningham/Cam Waters
Simon Evans/SVG
Andre Heimgartner/Paul Morris
Greg Murphy/Jack Perkins
Mark Gibson/John McIntyre
Old 16 Sep 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3453850)   #16
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
Haven't seen a list of who's driving with who for the enduro's yet. Here's what I've seen posted so far:
Dom Storey/Dale Wood
Tim Edgell/Steve Owen
Chris Hanley/Daniel Gaunt
Mitch Cunningham/Cam Waters
Simon Evans/SVG
Andre Heimgartner/Paul Morris
Greg Murphy/Jack Perkins
Mark Gibson/John McIntyre
Paul Manuell/Shae Davies
Richard Moor/Tim Slade
Shaun Varney/?
Andrew Waite/?
Ant Pedersen/C...............
Angus Fogg/ Tony Delberto
Old 16 Sep 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3453851)   #17
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Mark.
Who's Andrew Waite driving for now that Tasman won't be there? And have you heard anything about the proposed Ken Smith car?
Old 18 Sep 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3454744)   #18
The Realist
Racer

The Realist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Paul Manuell/Shae Davies
Richard Moor/Tim Slade
Shaun Varney/?
Andrew Waite/?
Ant Pedersen/C...............
Angus Fogg/ Tony Delberto
Now we can move Paul Manuel and Shae Davies up to the confirmed list.
This now gives our list 9 confirmed starters with 1 week to go.
Lets try to confirm some more, 1 a day would be nice.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3454768)   #19
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
Now we can move Paul Manuel and Shae Davies up to the confirmed list.
This now gives our list 9 confirmed starters with 1 week to go.
Lets try to confirm some more, 1 a day would be nice.
Their are 13 Confirmed entries, the fact that two teams, International, and Varney Motorsport have not publicly announced their second drivers doesn't change the Confirmed entries.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 18 Sep 2014 at 20:08.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3454776)   #20
The Realist
Racer

The Realist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Their are 13 Confirmed entries, the fact that two teams, International, and Varney Motorsport have not publicly announced their second drivers doesn't change the Confirmed entries.
So lets advertise that we have 24 drivers and 13 cars racing, how does this work.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3454818)   #21
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Which car is Varney driving? Not the Ex-SVG SuperTourer is it?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3453903)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To avoid even more thread confusion I've moved the NZ rally posts to here
Old 17 Sep 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3454128)   #23
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tell you what, the low numbers of both V8 classes will be a real embarrassment if they are not sorted by the time of the V8 Supercars - we don't want to be showcasing grids of 10 - 14 cars in front of 30,000+ spectators, that will put them right off coming back for other events. I don't think TL's should be on the same track as the ST's but I do think the TLX's can and should, even if they are racing in their own class.
Otherwise we might as well just bin the whole idea of "top tier" V8 saloon racing and concentrate on building up a proper GT grid.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3454259)   #24
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Tell you what, the low numbers of both V8 classes will be a real embarrassment if they are not sorted by the time of the V8 Supercars - we don't want to be showcasing grids of 10 - 14 cars in front of 30,000+ spectators
I saw the TV promo for Taupo tonight stating 20 seven litre V8's.....

Are there some potential advertising issues there do you think?
Old 17 Sep 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3454266)   #25
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
I saw the TV promo for Taupo tonight stating 20 seven litre V8's.....

Are there some potential advertising issues there do you think?
They're still running those ads? If I was V8ST I would've recalled those ads long before now and altered them. They also still state that the series is going to the NZGP - which is in doubt to put it lightly.