Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Mar 2002, 17:13 (Ref:229353)   #26
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh look I think I found it - seems to be two paths to the edit fields and I'd tried the wrong one !
Oh Smilies don't work then - better remove that piece

Last edited by Tony Harman; 6 Mar 2002 at 17:15.
Old 6 Mar 2002, 19:18 (Ref:229462)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

How? What? Why!? I sent off for mine last week, but haven't received it yet I think it's a consipracy
I like to think it's because I'm a nice person. However it's probably because I told them when I was racing and they sent me yours instead.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 14:52 (Ref:230886)   #28
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got my passes, and I've got a track pass so I'll be out the back somewhere. Can't wait
Old 8 Mar 2002, 15:52 (Ref:230915)   #29
Tony Harman
Veteran

So you going to be one of the "Cabbage Patch Dolls" then Marshal ?

Well I've just collected my nice new transponder, don't you get a lot for the money (not)!
Old 8 Mar 2002, 16:19 (Ref:230927)   #30
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm at Post 6 apparently - see you htere marshal??
Old 8 Mar 2002, 19:15 (Ref:231099)   #31
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
having working on a wrecker unit like dan and marshal i agree with the idea of being at Church!!! wow just wish everyone to witness standing on that bank as cars wizz past right infront of your nose!! Oh and in and f1 car at 175mph.......
Old 10 Mar 2002, 20:13 (Ref:232407)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got my passes yesterday.

All I need now is a licence, new tyres, a car and some testing miles under my seat. No worries there then.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 09:11 (Ref:232670)   #33
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Friel
Tony - do you get the garages?? Might be seeking shelter!!
Hi Dan - Well I got the finals at the weekend and we don't get garages ! boo hoo So it means if you still want to come over and say hello you'll have to stand in the sunshine (rain?) with the rest of us!! (But then I guess you're used to that being a marshall 'n'all...)
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:08 (Ref:233078)   #34
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw that in our final instructions also.. hoping for sun.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 11:39 (Ref:233465)   #35
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please could someone post the timetable in this thread for me please!!
Old 12 Mar 2002, 11:58 (Ref:233477)   #36
Tony Harman
Veteran

Sure Andy
  • Qualify
    9.10-9.25 ...... Classic Clubmans
    9.30-10.20 ..... "God's briefing" = Church break
    10.30-10.45 .... Post Historic
    10.55-11.15 .... Classic FF2000
    11.25-11.40 .... Group One Touring
    11.50-12.05 .... Porsche
    12.15-12.30 .... Classic Thunder
    12.40-12.55 .... Healey's

13.00-13.30 .... LUNCH

13.45 .......... Racing Starts

Same order as above, all 10 laps

(Don't know how come the FF2000 get 5 minutes longer practice ??) 15 mins isn't very long at Thruxton, especially if you're in a low powered car.

Marshall's don't get long for lunch - 30 mins - not even enough time to get to the paddock if you're out by Church.

See you all there

Last edited by Tony Harman; 12 Mar 2002 at 12:06.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 12:55 (Ref:233516)   #37
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers Tony

Your going to be lucky to get into double-figures for qualifying laps. However, the BARC has given 10mins between each session, so they could end up ahead of time!!

Last edited by AndyF; 12 Mar 2002 at 12:56.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 13:26 (Ref:233533)   #38
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
Cheers Tony

Your going to be lucky to get into double-figures for qualifying laps. However, the BARC has given 10mins between each session, so they could end up ahead of time!!
Yep - just checked last years data - I did 9 laps in qualifying, including an out and in lap !
With this being first meeting and no testing time this year I'll be lucky to do any more.
I thought the 10mins between sessions was for you guys to chuck cement over all the oil we ususally put down, sweep up pieces of fibreglass etc.
Ooh better watch what I'm saying here - don't want to tempt fate !
Old 13 Mar 2002, 19:55 (Ref:234489)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Bugger!!!

I was waiting in Copenhagen airport lounge today when I got a text message which is seriously p!""£$g me off. Apparently after 16 months my car still ain't rebuilt because the guys building the new exhaust headers have a machine failure!!! They've had the patterns for three months. If they fail me I'm going to publish their name. I'm still not sure whether I'll be there!

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 13 Mar 2002 at 19:56.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:42 (Ref:234519)   #40
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, Peter

Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:52 (Ref:234526)   #41
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Name and shame, it'll make you feel better.. hope Denmark wasn't / isn't too cold..

See you at thruxton whatever the conclusion?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 22:14 (Ref:234593)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Trouble is, without the exhaust headers we can't set the engine up and I'm not going into a test whilst the car isn't right.

I am also refusing, after spending serious dosh, to run my own car in. Somebody is going to be seriously bruised if I have to pull out of Thruxton and it won't be me!!!!!
Old 14 Mar 2002, 10:11 (Ref:234874)   #43
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear - sorry to hear this Peter - fingers crossed
Old 14 Mar 2002, 21:34 (Ref:235305)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, I've cancelled Thruxton. I hope to be at Mallory in April but don't hold your breath.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 22:16 (Ref:235317)   #45
Tony Harman
Veteran

Peter - this is really bad news - I have had to withdraw from meetings before when things wern't ready but it's a hundred times worse when it is firmly somebody elses fault. I really feel for you mate.
I do hope we'll see you there anyway - assuming you're in the country of course.
I don't fly back from the States until Fiday myself so am going to be pretty jet lagged anyway - still a few cans of Red Bull should fix that, (presume that's not a banned substance ?)...
Old 15 Mar 2002, 08:25 (Ref:235523)   #46
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Err.... maybe best check the Blue Book before you neck the fifth can... If you nod off coming through the Complex, we'll give you a prod with the flag.

Peter, Sorry to hear about the ongoing car problems
Old 15 Mar 2002, 17:00 (Ref:235785)   #47
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Err.... maybe best check the Blue Book before you neck the fifth can... If you nod off coming through the Complex, we'll give you a prod with the flag.

Peter, Sorry to hear about the ongoing car problems
What colour flag Dan ? - 'cos you know most of us drivers can't tell the difference between them.....
Old 15 Mar 2002, 18:38 (Ref:235863)   #48
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Err.... maybe best check the Blue Book before you neck the fifth can...
Seriously though, since the only guidance on stimulants is the IOC list (which I just don't happen to have in my back pocket right now...) anyone know if energy drinks like these would be a problem ?
Old 15 Mar 2002, 19:20 (Ref:235896)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Only if you don't use enough vodka!!!
Old 15 Mar 2002, 20:27 (Ref:235933)   #50
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Most of the time you drivers claim its a green flag.. rather than a waved yellow....

I don't wave flags.. but do you usually see blue flags waved at you, or see white flags shown in your mirrors??.... just kidding of course..

Looking forward to meeting you next weekend.