Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Jul 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2502114)   #26
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im going up on friday to catch some practice sessions, there is loads on:

http://www.wtccbrandshatch.com/media...0timetable.pdf
Old 15 Jul 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2502206)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Yeah - looks good doesn't it? I'm heading over on Friday too. I'm going to be doing lots of walking this weekend - going to head out around the GP loop for a lot of the action
Old 15 Jul 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2502221)   #28
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah lots on Friday... but no WTCC!
Old 15 Jul 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2502234)   #29
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Yeah - looks good doesn't it? I'm heading over on Friday too. I'm going to be doing lots of walking this weekend - going to head out around the GP loop for a lot of the action
Yeah defo, the GP loop is awesome. Wish they used it more often
Old 15 Jul 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2502364)   #30
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Shame they've stuck the Abarths on at the tail end of the timetable both days. I've not seen them race before so have no idea what they are like but in my experience small one-make saloons are usually worth watching.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2502493)   #31
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm going to be doing lots of walking this weekend - going to head out around the GP loop for a lot of the action
As will I! Mainly on the saturday though, I will more than likely watch the WTCC practice sessions from Westfield or Sheene curve.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2502774)   #32
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
... in my experience small one-make saloons are usually worth watching.
Especially when they've never encountered Paddock Hill Bend before as well

Paul O'Neill is racing in the Abarths so there's someone to cheer on
Old 16 Jul 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2502913)   #33
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Im SOOOOO excited, im finishing work tomo at 11am and im going straight there!!

You can beat Touring Cars @ Brands!!

Great to have Thompson racing this weekend too, even if its in a Lada!! http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ne...sp?NewsID=4851
Old 17 Jul 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2503494)   #34
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Arbaths were pretty good at Brno but apart from one they are all white.... flipping hard to keep track of them
Old 18 Jul 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2503827)   #35
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Paul O'Neill is racing in the Abarths so there's someone to cheer on
No mention of Paul but Adam Jones was racing, and won Saturday's race.

Abarths were a bit of a let-down. Today's race was moved to earlier in the day, partly so that the WTCC manufacturers could do theie demo laps before the curfew and partly I suspect due to the poor entry - just 11 starters. If you are buying a programme you may as well rip out the page with the Abarth entry list, there were so many last minute changes that the published list bore little resemblance to what drivers were actually there.

A couple of notable entries to look out for: Adam Jones as mentioned above giving everyone a lesson in how to drive the Brands GP track; Freddy Nordstrom, getting a little extra track time between SEAT Cupra races; and Robb Gravett, who started from the back having missed Free Practice and Qualifying. I get the feeling that someone spotted Robb in the paddock on Saturday morning and was desperate to get another car on track - he hadn't even sat in the car before lining up for the grid.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2503914)   #36
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
No mention of Paul but Adam Jones was racing, and won Saturday's race.
It was very much a "thrown together" grid wasn't it? No O'Neill, but plenty of other home grown drivers. Agree that it was a let down though, the cars look lost on the GP circuit.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2503970)   #37
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dahlgran has been put to the back of the grid, as Polestar was working on the car between Q1 and Q2.

Listening to the Eurosport commentary - John Cleland said that Volvo were still seriously looking at running in the BTCC next year, which sounded hopeful.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2504162)   #38
acorn
Rookie

England
acorn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i must confess to not having followed qualifying for the last few years.

is the q1(all) q2(top ten) qualifying new for this year as the regulations on the fiawtcc page have the relevant section that volvo contravened highlighted in purple?

cleland felt it fair that they not be allowed to interfere with championship contenders(max ballast and no points) but using that logic should they be allowed to race at all? or why not start them from the back 20 secs after the main field starts with even less chance of them interfering?

ps i own a c30 so am keen to see them put on a good show.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2504212)   #39
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
Dahlgran has been put to the back of the grid, as Polestar was working on the car between Q1 and Q2.
Sounds a bit weird, considering Volvo did a "Ferrari" and Dahlgren didnt pass through to Q2.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2504257)   #40
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Well, from being at Brands Hatch 2day i can say that the Volvo's were 2 of the best sounding cars on the grid. If they changed from disgusting green to just about anything else, they'd be 2 of the best looking on the grid!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2504392)   #41
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Does anyone know why the Volvos ran nose to tail in most sessions? They always seemed to be following each other around - throughout both free practice session, Q1 and the warmup they didn't seem to want to run in clear air.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2505132)   #42
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
Well, from being at Brands Hatch 2day i can say that the Volvo's were 2 of the best sounding cars on the grid. If they changed from disgusting green to just about anything else, they'd be 2 of the best looking on the grid!

I was Marshaling at Hawthorn Hill and believe me, that close they sounded even sweeter. We all commented on how great the noise was.

The running together may have been to pull each other around the track maybe. Either way, it was great to see them out there.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 05:01 (Ref:2505210)   #43
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope we do see them in the BTCC and sooner rather than later. They sounded great and if the late entry ballast was removed then they would be top 10.
As for the colour - well they are trying to show everybody that the Volvo is green.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2505537)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to the idiotic sound levels (Eurosport) you can't really hear the cars, but on the odd occasion there was a break in the commentary, you could just about hear them.

They sound the same as the old S40 / 850 BTCC cars.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2506844)   #45
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
I hope we do see them in the BTCC and sooner rather than later. They sounded great and if the late entry ballast was removed then they would be top 10.
Dahlgren probably would have been in top 10 if they didnt both screw up the timing in qualy + mess up after and send him from 13 to the back of the grid.

And 5-pot engines dont just sound great. Torque and smoothness of a V6 with fuel consumption of an inline 4. Love them myself

Quote:
As for the colour - well they are trying to show everybody that the Volvo is green.
For sure yes, but somewhere I saw someone call the colour baby-puke-green. Right on the money.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2507183)   #46
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are Volvo still doing Snetterton in the BTCC?
Old 27 Jul 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2508865)   #47
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That has just been speculation, nothing ever confirmed by Volvo.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2514486)   #48
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was two volvo C30's going round the circuit at Snetterton.

Admittedly they were the course cars
Old 3 Aug 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2514921)   #49
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Am amazed at the amount of rear camber those C30's run.