Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Jul 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2504491)   #26
MatthewC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Wales
MatthewC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I don't want to be picky , but it's a Manufacturers Championship, not Contructors. The Constructors championship can only be used if the cars/bikes are prototypes like F1 and MotoGP. Since the cars/bikes in WTCC, WRC, Superbike etc. aren't prototypes it's called a Manufacturers championship.

And I don't understand why you say that BMW don't care - they are only 10 points behind....They can still win it.
Ok, sorry, the Manufacturers Championship (I wasn't quite sure!) Also, I didn't realise that they are only ten points behind, I thought it might have been alot more because of the amount of team-work the SEATs use, but I suppose they do care!!

Campaign to get Alfa Romeo back into the WTCC!
Old 20 Jul 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2504706)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Both races showed again in the general the British tracks are the best suited for touring car racing.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2504716)   #28
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there all weekend and it was certainly a good weekend. Stefano d'aste had regular trips into the gravel, on saturday and warm up on sunday, As did michelisz. Druids on the first lap of race one was interesting with one of the BMW's being sent up in the air. Alain menu was unlucky in race 2 after a spin at paddock hill bend after contact with zanardi (i think).

Overall a very good weekend with some brilliant scraps, and i must say i was pleased to see Tom Boardman win the second independants race.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2504781)   #29
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
Overall a very good weekend with some brilliant scraps, and i must say i was pleased to see Tom Boardman win the second independants race.
highlight of my year so far
Old 20 Jul 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2504879)   #30
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
These team orders are just making a mockery of what is reasonably entertaining racing.

How I would love for neither Farfus or Y Muller to be champion, might teach the manufacturers a thing or two.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 05:04 (Ref:2505211)   #31
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
These team orders are just making a mockery of what is reasonably entertaining racing.

How I would love for neither Farfus or Y Muller to be champion, might teach the manufacturers a thing or two.
then it would have to be a Chevy to win it because they are the only ones who don't appear to be able to have 3 cars running together.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2505670)   #32
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
First of all - did anybody see the freak accident that hit Surtees in F2. That's one of the most nasty and unlucky accidents i have seen in the 31 years i have followed motorsport.

....back to WTCC. Two pretty good races, but I am not sure I like this intensive use of team-orders. I think it's too early in the season to use it that much.

But I support Yvan Muller and Farfus, so I am pretty sure one of mine will be crowned champion
How can you support bóth of those drivers? They have nothing in common at all! (exept for their ability to drive fast ofcourse)
Old 22 Jul 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2506300)   #33
MikeD
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen
MikeD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
How can you support bóth of those drivers? They have nothing in common at all! (exept for their ability to drive fast ofcourse)
I wasn't aware that there was a "law" of who you can support?

I like Yvan Muller because I think he's the best driver on the grid. He's both the fastest and the most consistent.
I like Farfus, because he's fast and good entertainment, and because I tend to have a weakness for Latin american drivers. (Fittipaldi, Piquet, Senna, Massa etc.)

PS: My girlfriend is brazilian, and that does something too I guess...(kind of like being in Brazil)
Old 23 Jul 2009, 10:32 (Ref:2506504)   #34
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most important reason why one should like Farfus is that his grandpa (who was Italian) invented the world famous churrasco!