Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 4 May 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1293046)   #26
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
lol ... threads up "Top Designer"
Old 4 May 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1293188)   #27
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_royksopp
Or make a poll? .

NEway, it shouldnt be legal to vote for yourself . Not that i would . Or .

And yea, CG, your designs have got a distict signature of CG to them too .

I guess we're 'the old guard', the four of us. Jeez, i remember when we were the new guns .

Oh, thats way to many smilies in there .
Hey hey, I'm still around!

Just been kinda busy lately I guess, haven't gotten round to finishing several designs.

Doesn't mean I'm not workin' on 'em though!
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 5 May 2005, 02:53 (Ref:1293344)   #28
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, here are my comments about each of the tracks so far...

P, (I already commented)... PLUS, looking at all the tracks so far, you actually are the only one who followed the rules quite well, you really did make a short circuit...

Cougar... LOL... you end your outrageous ideas ... well, honestly (barring the fact that you (again) did something no one else would you do), its a pretty good track. You used existing roads, a nice mix of corners and yea... Good idea, but that track (one such a site) would never be designed though aye ...

mandretti... Well. This is probably the best circuit which optimises existing roads, and not a lot of effort, time and money is really needed for it... Good idea for the water fountain thingy, really gives a usually dull old port and real spark (not that a racing circuit doesnt)... The only thing that I would try and change would proabably be the transitions from the short-ish circuit to the roads, its too typical and basic... you could easily spruse it up a bit there mate...

Lust... as TR said, typical Lust circuit. The circuit itself, I like, great, however, I don't like how you didn't really use up as much of the existing roads as you could, and it seems that you didn't really consider the surroundings when making the track... You gave the track a real permanent track feel, whereas you could've made it more street-circuit-ie like Montreal for example, it has a great feel to it... But honestly, best track so far probably... Dont take this bad, Im just a hard guy to please ...

I don't want to post mine up yet btw... however, it will come sooner rather then later...
Old 5 May 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1293543)   #29
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the compliments, Freak. Thanks for the criticism, too... however, I hadn't realised that designing a semi-permanent track was part of the challenged. Thinking of that, though: I think about a third of my design still uses the existing roads.

But, I've taken all criticism to hart and made a few changes to my design. First of all, I've made the start-finish straight longer -- it's about 800 m now, which should be enough. I've also loosened up T6 to further improve overtaking in the hairpin. Final change is the last two kinks: T13 is almost 90 degrees, now, while T14 is hardly a kink.

Tell me what you think!
Old 6 May 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1294494)   #30
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev
Hey hey, I'm still around!

Just been kinda busy lately I guess, haven't gotten round to finishing several designs.

Doesn't mean I'm not workin' on 'em though!
Yea, but you haven't been in MyTracks for as long as "the Old Guard" .
Old 7 May 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1295018)   #31
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its about time that I posted my track... A lot less people responded to this then I thought?!?!?!... Ohh well...

I bought I think (cant be bothered checking) 24 points of land... I dont know why, but I've never been one to say no to an offer ...

I used quite a bit (I think) of the existing roads... There are two variants, short and GP...

GP circuit uses some of the old road which was left over after buying the land, and ends of with twisty section to join back onto the short circuit...

The circuit then continues with the existing roads, and I added a chicane near the water on the right, and a tricky hairpin-ish section on the top right...

There is obviously parking, and I've also added a road on the northern part of the track to join the two roads up...

I'm happy with this, I honestly didn't have to buy so much land, but yea... Comments/Opinions welcome...

Old 7 May 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1295079)   #32
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice, not sure about the bit round the back of the paddock (the fast 90 left and slow 90 right).
I like the funny appendix shaped couple of corners up in the top right, and the esses at turns 4, 5 and 6, quite Road Atlanta like (without the gradient though I suspect )
Old 8 May 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1295965)   #33
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yea, but you haven't been in MyTracks for as long as "the Old Guard" .
Eh, I suppose so-you and pirenzo came round in January '03, Lustig in March, while I did in June.
Still close though!
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 9 May 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1296652)   #34
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez, has it really been so long. I've almost been here for 2 and a half years .
Old 11 May 2005, 02:27 (Ref:1297975)   #35
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jeez, has it really been so long. I've almost been here for 2 and a half years .
Has it really been that long? Wow..

Also can't believe I signed up in 2002, albeit right near the end of the year.
Old 13 May 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1299701)   #36
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres my first attempt...first track I've done in a couple of months...so it probably aint that great.
Attached Thumbnails
darnoc-edit.jpg  
Old 13 May 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1299737)   #37
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude, even the simplest of graphics look cool! You even made shadows at the bridges!