VALLEYSBOY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi were at Monza Friday night follow the above link if yer interested
Old 31 Mar 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1266569)   #27
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I keep meaning to get GTR. I really must get round to it!
Old 31 Mar 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1266572)   #28
VALLEYSBOY
Rookie

Wales
Wales
VALLEYSBOY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£20.00 on amazon
Old 31 Mar 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1266577)   #29
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£20!! I paid £30 at tesco!
Old 31 Mar 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1266676)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Downloaded the demo, and im rather underwhelmed.

The physics seem ok, not too fantastic.

Good engine sounds though.

Cant understand why there is absolutely no lighting effects??!?
No shadows or anything, everything looks very "flat" visually.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 22:38 (Ref:1266683)   #31
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, i've seen screenies that show some fancy dynamic lighting, perhaps its something in your graphics settings?
Old 31 Mar 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1266686)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, could be, although its fine on other games. (ATI Radeon 9800 Pro)
Old 1 Apr 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1266973)   #33
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Oooh, a 9800 Pro, kinda outclasses my 9200
Old 2 Apr 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1268010)   #34
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun
I keep meaning to get GTR. I really must get round to it!
Well, I've got round to it. Hopefully the TTFRL league and the GTR league race night won't clash as I may be interested!
Old 3 Apr 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1269037)   #35
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it works on my PC now. If it goes ahead could we make sure it ends by nine, as I have to go to bed then if it's a school night. Or do it on a Friday?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1269132)   #36
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
The Box says
Minimum Spec
1.2Ghz CPU
384Mb RAM
DX8.1 Compatible GFx Card with 32MB RAM
DX8 Compatible Sound CArd and 1Gb free HD Space
according to the GTR Graphics config my PC is below those requirements (its pretty similar) and it runs pretty well, never above 30Fps in car, but easily playable

°runs to the store to get the game°
Old 12 Apr 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1276289)   #37
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As ive now got the game, is anything setup in terms of a league?
Old 22 Apr 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1284658)   #38
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
RobC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be up for this as well
Old 23 Apr 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1285204)   #39
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm in when it's ready...though I know I'll be awful!
Old 30 Apr 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1290804)   #40
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Right, 1.4 Patch is out now.

Anyone still interested in a league, PM me and include connection speed so I can get numbers and who can host how many (i'm assuming no one has a server in a datacentre we can use ) and then we'll see how it goes from there

David

Last edited by Kidzer; 30 Apr 2005 at 22:55. Reason: Brain Fade - Can't spell connection :)
Old 1 May 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1291113)   #41
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
If anyone is interested, im hosting justnow - Enna, full sim GT Only.

Game name: David Race
pw: Tree
Old 3 May 2005, 15:48 (Ref:1292113)   #42
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a bump really to catch anyone who may have missed it.

If your interested please PM Kidzer to gauge numbers.

Thanks.
Old 4 May 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1292976)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hiya - as you'll see elsewhere, I've now bought GTR - still sitting here in the bag at the moment. What else (if anything) do I need to get online?

I'd be interested in the occasional race, but with the TTFRL for GPL, it could be no mopre than occasional, I'm afraid. I'm 2.2 Mbps.
Old 4 May 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1293013)   #44
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Ayse, it has a multiplayer lobby built-in to the game. There is a web-based lobby thing called 'Racemore' as well where SimBin have teamed up with another concern.

The game ships as version 1.3. The first time you go online it'll make you upgrade to version 1.4 which was released last weekend.
Old 5 May 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1293420)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I've got the upgrade. I see there are cars and tracks at Black Hole (and elsewhere, I guess). I'be just downloaded Bahrain. I've only just driven a couple of cars. Quite tricky - and the dark is something else! I need to adjust the steering though - it feels much too light and I get tremendous understeer in virtually every corner - even on the default setups.
Old 5 May 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1293469)   #46
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
RobC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use the "FAST" setup for each track and modify the fuel tyres depending on distance. Uping the ARB on the front helps with the grip but then makes the back twitchy....getting them both to work is hard work. This is with the 550, the Lambo is the easiest fast car to drive
Old 5 May 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1293534)   #47
jpc
Rookie

jpc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race and fast setups aren't that good and seem to be setup to always give understeer. Once you have sorted the gearing out, you can make the setup more neutral with the ARB and spring rates. I think you should try and aim for tyres temps of around 90 and pressures once up to temperature of around 170. Could be up for some online racing but I've only got a dialup connection.
Old 6 May 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1294739)   #48
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I get tremendous understeer in virtually every corner - even on the default setups.
I don't know if it's just my particular driving style, but nearly every setup I use I take off a hell of a lot of front anti-roll bar, sometimes all of it, and that helps me alot. This includes the setups I get from the online files section. Since these cars don't really suit hanging the arse out at every opportunity anyway, I tend to run quite a soft setup. The tyre temps don't seem to suffer so thats good enough for me.

One thing I have noticed though (through habit) is if you get into trouble, defying usual practice and turning the wheel more into the corner rather than opposite lock in some cases works as well as it does in GPL. Though you know you're going to pay for it at the next corner after the tyre temps go through the roof! Just goes to show how well the physics are modelled in recent times. Thank you Jim Clark!

The supplied setups are a bit rubbish, far too bouncy for a start.
Old 7 May 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1294926)   #49
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bouncy!, i get seasick at Magny Cours even more so in a 360 Modena or Any Porka. More bounce than a budgy on trill.

Pete
Old 7 May 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1295039)   #50
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are there any extra tracks or cars for GTR yet ?