Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Feb 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2641337)   #26
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
I must say I certainly enjoy 10Tenths...... will buy again, excellent seller A+++++
LOL!

Long delivery time, item not as described and appears to be broken.

888 are a massive success. Every department of their operation is super slick and is done better than the rest of pitlane. Look at the shootout yesterday, Van Gisbergen's lap was super smooth and very fast. Then Jamie came out and looked a bit ragged, rode a few curbs, got wheelspin out of alot of corners, but still got pole. Lucky for the rest of the field he didn't put together a clean lap.

What will be interesting is their off track success. A lot of fans have turned their backs on them, or struggle to see them as a Holden team.

Will be interesting to see what the punters buy when the doors open to the merchandising tents at Clipsal. I wonder if 4 race wins will help their decisions?
Old 27 Feb 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2641351)   #27
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Those photos that were posted on this forum late last year with him holding number plates IH8FRD & FRDH8TR and I think he was still under contract to Ford.......maybe I have taken it too seriously but it left a nasty taste.....look I've said all I have to say on the issue and that's it from me.....enjoy your forum.
I can only assume your joking?

He was asked by a FAN to take a picture with someing a FAN wanted signed.

Please come back, because i have a slight idea you were actually serious. If so, i dont think i can take any of your posts seriously after this.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2641355)   #28
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To answer the original post...

Yes, a definite success to switch sides. Although, I don't embrace the team simply because they now run Holdens. Actually, it still feels like the darkside is winning every time T8 win races.

You'd think they'd needed a season or two to get onto the pace of the front running teams but I am gobsmacked that T8 are so far ahead of the pack especially HRT and so soon after the switch.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2641360)   #29
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
888 are a massive success. Every department of their operation is super slick and is done better than the rest of pitlane.
Thats what it all boils down to - up to everyone else to lift their games and catch up
Old 27 Feb 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2641399)   #30
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Thats what it all boils down to - up to everyone else to lift their games and catch up
Not how it works in this series. Its slow the fast guys down so the slow guys can keep up, unfortunately.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2641446)   #31
bullit
Rookie

Australia
up a tree on a mountain
bullit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On supporting the t888 brand a lot of spin was put forward by roland and his 2 drivers after the announcement last year trying to suggest that they actually had t888 fans not ford fans, as i see it most ford fans are still a little more brand loyal and a lot of holden fans are still adjusting to not seeing them as the enemy.
As was suggested earlier it will fascinating come clipsal to see how the merch moves
Old 27 Feb 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2641680)   #32
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ford has to shoulder a lot of the blame here. They had the most successful team and shafted them. Who can blame Roland for following the money to Holden, or Craig for wanting to stay with a proven team, rather than stay "loyal" to Ford for more years with no results.

Ford made their bed, now they have to lie in it. Re-signing DJR shows they admit they stuffed up.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2641743)   #33
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz, while I can't argue that Roland simply followed the support (After all, sponsorship is key, and Holden gave them a bag of money), I think the mercenary way in which he conducted himself post the Ford bust up shows poor form.

Instead of conducting his business behind closed doors, he and his star J-Dub went on a fairly vicious campaign against Ford. Meanwhile, Dick Johnson and the DJR crew simply said "Things change, and we might be back in the fold one day".

Perhaps if 888 were patient, they too would have been ushered back into the family like DJR were.

Perhaps, and this is purely conjecture, 888 were unhappy with the arrangement for a period of time, and this was the perfect time to do something about it. Craig had just about come to an end of his super contract, Ford were looking to change, and Holden had a spare bag of cash. And after all, it now alligns them with their UK Operations in terms of manufacturer.

I guess, getting back on track, the swap is working out, in sports tersm, so far. 4 from 4, with Lowdnes so far playing a good support role and getting the odd podium can only be called a success.

Operationally and commercially, I guess we'd have to wait until the end of the year. Merchandise may well take a big hit, as I know alot of their former fans will not buy their gear now, and I know of many Holden fans that would rather buy TKR gear than 888 gear.... And how long before one of the outspoken team members tread on themselves with their new manufacturer?
Old 28 Feb 2010, 03:00 (Ref:2641789)   #34
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they keep winning how long will it be before other holden teams like HRT,PMM,JDR etc start complaining that T8 are winning all the races.I reckon the wat they are going T8 and Whihcup will have both championships wrapped up by bathurst comes around.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 03:31 (Ref:2641796)   #35
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
The mighty giant Vodaphone must be shaking in their boots.
Suck it up and get over it, Princess.
Love it that RK is now your hero. Not so long ago he was the devil incarnate for denying gods-own-anointed lowndes a Championship. Now unbunch your panties and have a Bex and a good liedown.
You know, that having been said, Rick Kelly took the negative reaction to his championship win very personally and cleaned up his act considerably, to the point that now his fellow drivers rate him as the cleanest driver in the series.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 03:38 (Ref:2641797)   #36
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually think that 888's performance in changing manufacturers and in the first 2 rounds has been extremely impressive.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 04:03 (Ref:2641799)   #37
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford View Post
If they keep winning how long will it be before other holden teams like HRT,PMM,JDR etc start complaining that T8 are winning all the races.I reckon the wat they are going T8 and Whihcup will have both championships wrapped up by bathurst comes around.
I'm more worried its going to give the ford whingers merit to want an other parity change.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 05:25 (Ref:2641809)   #38
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I'm more worried its going to give the ford whingers merit to want an other parity change.
You mean like a couple on this forum that have Ford related user names ?
Old 28 Feb 2010, 05:45 (Ref:2641812)   #39
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bit hard to ask for a parity change, when without Whincup it would almost be the Holden whingers asking for a parity change

(I said ALMOST)
Old 28 Feb 2010, 05:56 (Ref:2641818)   #40
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1 View Post
There is no sense of the Aussie Battler there.
You must keep in mind our (read Australian) psyche also wreaks of "The tall poppy syndrome".
Old 28 Feb 2010, 06:49 (Ref:2641822)   #41
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Bit hard to ask for a parity change, when without Whincup it would almost be the Holden whingers asking for a parity change

(I said ALMOST)
Don't know about you, but I was never after a parity change re Whincup
888 and lowndes. What got up my nose was 'relaxed' way the rules were
applied to 888.

That being said, 888 have done V well to get 4 from 4. Guess all the First On Rapid Depreciation defenders of Project Blue Oval/print must be worried, since that has made 888 transition from the dark side so much easier
Old 28 Feb 2010, 06:50 (Ref:2641823)   #42
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just did a quick FaceBook survey...

T888 = 1,349 fans

SBR = 1,867 fans

TKR = 1,938 fans

Frosty = 3,809 fans

JBR = 5,875 fans

FPR =1,067 members

F Coulthard = 1,960 fans

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2641827)   #43
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Just did a quick FaceBook survey...

T888 = 1,349 fans

SBR = 1,867 fans

TKR = 1,938 fans

Frosty = 3,809 fans

JBR = 5,875 fans

FPR =1,067 members

F Coulthard = 1,960 fans
Yeah, but frosty & Junk Bourbon Racing come from large families. Must be a cross over from dancing boys
appearance on "Dancing with the Channel 7 hacks"
Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:04 (Ref:2641828)   #44
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
I'm not sure facebook stats mean much, when i'd say a fair few motorsport followers (more so the oldies) wouldn't use it.

While were there, PMM (well, supercheap auto racing) 896 fans

Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:13 (Ref:2641830)   #45
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just a quick Twitter survey...

Team Vodafone = 447 followers

SBR = 564 followers

JBR = 964 followers

FPR = 1559 followers

kelly racing = 768 followers

jamiewhincup = 1725 followers

mwinterbottom = 1261 followers

craiglowndes888 = 450 followers

etc etc...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:13 (Ref:2641831)   #46
samoaair707
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
samoaair707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I bet you these apologists that are asking for success ballast or more parity change would have had a different tune if Whincup was still driving for their camp,but alas,he is in a Holden so suck it up.

And for any of you Ford whingers that have got the willy's with Roland Dane and 888 racing,dont get the ****s with them,blame those idiots at Geelong that decided they would not give any funds to the most successful team.

What do you expect,boat anchor motorsport in Geelong decided they would not fund them at all but still wanted to beat their chest saying they are number 1 and getting free publicity.

Then you have the General come along and offer you $3m too bat for your team,cmon,lets be real,what would you do,unless you are a total and absolute idiot.

What about the fact that if it is such a dominating factor 888 going to Holden how come Lowdnes is still back in the pack.So what do you do,hobble the whole field of Holden's because one driver is such a good stick,or do you just put a ball and chain on one driver because he is so talented.

I just think that it is funny as well as pathetic that when Whincup was winning and dominating in a blue oval it was ok with these people on this forum,but now he has switched camps its not on.

Well it is on,get over it,suck it up and move on
Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:31 (Ref:2641834)   #47
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Following on from your post, i hope they don't bring in success ballast etc, i'm a big supporter of the best driver and team winning. If that happens to be a whitewash for the years (like it almost has been for 3 years) then so be it.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:37 (Ref:2641835)   #48
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Following on from your post, i hope they don't bring in success ballast etc, i'm a big supporter of the best driver and team winning. If that happens to be a whitewash for the years (like it almost has been for 3 years) then so be it.
I actually agree
Old 28 Feb 2010, 10:27 (Ref:2641877)   #49
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoaair707 View Post
Blah blah blah

And for any of you Ford whingers that have got the willy's with Roland Dane and 888 racing,dont get the ****s with them,blame those idiots at Geelong that decided they would not give any funds to the most successful team.

Blah Blah Blah
Ford head office is in Broadmeadows genius. They only make I6 engines, stamp/sub-assemble panels and do some product engineering and track/emissions/crash testing out Geelong way.

Otherwise, yes, Ford did give away 888. It is getting a bit tired reading fellow Ford fans claim it was Holden $$$ and not Fords own negligence that was behind the move.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2641881)   #50
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom XR View Post
F
It is getting a bit tired reading fellow Ford fans claim it was Holden $$$ and not Fords own negligence that was behind the move.
Some one finally spoke some sense. i know it's going over old ground here but, clearly ford made a mistake in the dropping who they did, but i believe they were hoping when they were in a position to hand out the cash again that 888 would be there to accept. Dane made a business desicion and that's the end of that.