Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Dec 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1181945)   #26
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No - BRSCC run the HSCC championships at Combe.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 15:56 (Ref:1181948)   #27
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ah of course - but there is an "HSCC" BRSCC date at Combe, usually in August
Old 17 Dec 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1181958)   #28
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, the HSCC championships are I believe running at Combe's early August meeting.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1182594)   #29
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Few would argue that Monoposto deserves to be there!

And why not?

Full grids of various machines. I know you dont like mono Ian but....
Old 18 Dec 2004, 15:06 (Ref:1182596)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lola,

I think he means that [very] few [people] would argue against Mono being there. Ah the joys of English grandma.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 21:17 (Ref:1182784)   #31
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola
And why not?

Full grids of various machines. I know you dont like mono Ian but....
I'm a great fan of Mono - it just isn't quite as good as FF1600.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1183865)   #32
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Very provisional Classic Clubmans dates: all BARC unless specified.
(Cars also eligible for BARC SE Single Seater rounds and HSCC Derek Bell)

16th April - Silverstone.
1st May - Mallory (AMOC).
14th May - Brands (CSMA).
4th June - Oulton Park.
17th July - Thruxton
13/14th August - Croft. (Double Header)
29th August - Donington Park.
10/11th September - Snetterton.
25th September - Brands (MGCC).
plus
30th July - Silverstone - Haggispeed (non-championship race to be held at the Silverstone Historic 500 meeting)
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1183870)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which reminds me. Where's Tony Harman?
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1183876)   #34
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Still around - still lurking... ah well - was trying the delights of Gentlemens Historic racing in the US this year, (TVR & Morgan), somehow got kicked off 10/10ths so had to re-register. Anyway getting all ready for a full season of Classic Clubmans next year.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:47 (Ref:1183884)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good for you. BTW. If you'd like your name back pm Craig. He's very helpful with these things.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:52 (Ref:1183889)   #36
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
won't take this OT (for long), but tried the official route and got no answers for ages then eventually they (the voices..) said I didn't exist so just re-registered with same name, seems to work now so maybe I do exist - or maybe I don't, never really sure.....
Old 29 Dec 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1189519)   #37
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two good reasons to go to Cadwell...woo hoo
Old 4 Jan 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1192994)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
750MC
10 Sep Oulton
Not any more - this has been switched to Brands so no 750MC meeting at Oulton in 2005.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1193013)   #39
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track and Race saloon car championship date change. August 13/14th now August 20/21st still at Snetterton.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1197063)   #40
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Track and Race saloon car championship date change. August 13/14th now August 20/21st still at Snetterton.
Is the calendar finalised now? I've seen two sets of dates that have a number of differences.......
Old 10 Jan 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1197091)   #41
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mar.26 Silverstone (non championship)
April 16th Brands (Indy)
April 30th Silverstone (National)
May 21st Lydden
June 25th Brands (GP)
July 2/3rd Croix
August 6th Lydden
August 20/21 Snetterton
Sept.10th Lydden (includes the oval meeting)
Sept.24th Silverstone (Stowe)
Nov.26th Brands (GP)

This is the list for the Track and Race championship as of today, hopefully (Bernie E. permitting) there won't be any more changes.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1197098)   #42
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Top Hat for us this year, a shame the CTCRC has lost its historics, what cars it did have where generally well prepared and histirically correct, lets hope some of thgem try Top Hat this season, The HRSR will probably pick up a fair few but I think they'll find them selves blown away by the pace as many of them are borderline Classic thunder, good to watch though!

see you at Castle Combe Peter ?
Old 10 Jan 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1197136)   #43
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
This is the list for the Track and Race championship as of today, hopefully (Bernie E. permitting) there won't be any more changes.
Thanks Rod, just got to work out the clashes now.....
Old 10 Jan 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1197153)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Zef,

My entry for CC has been confirmed and I've booked my flight so see you there.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1197551)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Top Hat for us this year, a shame the CTCRC has lost its historics,
Just a thought on this. The Club hasn't lost its Historics per se. They've lost championship status but the classes are still running. Have a look at the calendar. I'm sure that they'd love to reinstate the championship and they can if hey get enough entries.

I think the presence of so many Lotus Cortinas tended to put people off.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1197579)   #46
Simon Mason
Rookie

Ireland
Northampton
Simon Mason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MaX5 Racing Championship Provisional dates. Could get expensive with some serious travelling.

16th April Silverstone
8th May Cadwell Park
21st-22nd May Pembrey Double Header
4th-5th June Knockhill Double Header
3rd-4th July Anglesey Double Header
31st July Donington Park
13th-14th August Croft Double Header
10th September lydden Hill
25th September Mallory Park
23rd October Snetterton Double Header
Old 10 Jan 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1197660)   #47
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Topwelshman, somebody in the club gave me the impression that Croix was definately a no goer due to trying to keep the price of racing during the year down.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1197678)   #48
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croix has been removed from the latest issue calendar after a small debate on there forum. There was originally three race meetings in one month (July) for the BMW Kumho's so the Croix race was removed and it looks like the first race of the season at Silverstone was made a double header which helps on costs.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1198043)   #49
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just had notice that the Silverstone Sunbac meeting on 5th March is cancelled due to lack of interest
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1198081)   #50
Ian Sowman
Veteran

That is interesting, as some well-supported categories were due to race at that meeting.