Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Dec 2003, 02:00 (Ref:821596)   #26
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHO CARES. He is a traitor that has just re-signed with the ULTIMATE traitor Mikey. HE RE-SIGNED. He isn't trying to get out of ANYTHING.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:26 (Ref:821650)   #27
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummmm, Mags...did you not get that special Christmas gift or something, because you seem to be hopping mad! That said...Mario's grandson's father is a total traitor.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 07:34 (Ref:821692)   #28
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ac., why is Dario any different then Mario's grandson's father? They are both traitor's!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 08:49 (Ref:821711)   #29
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because I like the steak doesn't mean I hate the potatoes.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 17:22 (Ref:821899)   #30
Mags
Veteran

AC - I'm not mad about anything! Dario is simply the same thing as his team owner - a tratior! A turncoat! He didn't have to go to the IRL. I just finished watching a tape of the 1998 Fontana race, and there were 106,000 in attendance! Mikey smashed into the wall in that one BTW AND actually admitted he mad a mistake.
I'll NEVER, EVER forgive that EVIL traitor Tony George for destroying my beloved oped-wheeled series. And Michael leaving and going to the IRL? You were not in Vancouver the weekend he made the announcment I'm assuming. BAD timing Michael. Vancouver is about the biggest CART racing town there is - people were HISSING at him as he walked along. I'm media, and let me tell you, there was anger like you have never seen in the centre that weekend. And in pit lane, NO ONE even could LOOK at him. Paul Tracy? OH BOY, I talked to him, and he just shook his head and said to me, I can't wait to get this thing off fast enough (meaning his suit) He actually threw all of his Kool stuff out the window of his trailer in Mexico!!
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 19:26 (Ref:821938)   #31
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was glad to see Michael go to IRL. He was nothing but a whining baby! I would love to have seen Dario stay with CART.

Sue
Old 28 Dec 2003, 20:11 (Ref:821949)   #32
Mags
Veteran

The only reason I was choked about Whiny Mikey leaving is because of his name. And I miss seeing his dad around the pits!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 21:26 (Ref:821984)   #33
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As for Dixon not wanting to be in the IRL because he wants to be in F1, wouldn't the same be true for half of CART's field?

As for drivers wanting or not wanting to be in the IRL, I think it's interesting how there are a lot of comments from IRL drivers where they say "it's great racing for the fans" or "we put on quiet a show." Drivers in other series don't seem to say that very often. Drivers of other series talk about the racing period, not nessissarly from the fans perspective.

Let's be logical about this, do you think the drivers like going flat around an oval? It stands to reason as drivers, they wouldn't like that the car determines their destiny so much and that no matter how good they are, they're still going to be stuck beside their competitiors for 200 laps.

The classic IRL fan retort is that going around at 200MPH, inches from the wall and other cars is never boaring. Until I read Skip Barber's "Going faster" this thought never occured to me. (they also mention the following) When I tell people I went to a lapping day the first thing most people ask is "how fast did you go?" It always seems such a wierd question and it always feels like they have no concept of what it was about. Speed in general is certainly a factor, but top speed is not all that interesting.

As for Dario, he's one of the few who I hold nothing against for leaving.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 22:11 (Ref:822003)   #34
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, the "leaving" issue is nonsense and the "traitor" talk is nonsense. Okay, Andretti is loyal to Honda, instead to CART. He's loyal to 80 families that work for him, instead of CART. He's loyal to a quest to win the Indianapolis 500 instead of CART. He's loyal in a lot of ways that have nothing to do with CART, but to those closest to him. This "traitor" baloney has reached its zenith.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 22:29 (Ref:822010)   #35
Mags
Veteran

The minute I heard Dario RE-signed, that did it. And Gil told he oval racing bored him to TEARS. Too bad he needed to buy out the kleenex factory! AND as for Mikey, how about being LOYAL to the FANS that have paid year after year to watch him race and followed his career?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:22 (Ref:822113)   #36
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mags its only racing, its my life entire life but i dont take it too seriously otherwise it will drive me mad.
Calm down
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:38 (Ref:822122)   #37
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada

How about the fans in CART, were they not loyal to him (Mario's grandson's father)? Indycool, it's funny how you always conveniently forget that!?

Mackmot, if you are not passionate about racing and you don't take it seriously, then I sure wouldn't want you working on my team!

Last edited by Dov; 29 Dec 2003 at 00:39.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:57 (Ref:822131)   #38
Mags
Veteran

Dov, NO KIDDING. Mackmot, you say racing is your entire life? But you don't take it seriously? You must be working for an IRL team! Seriously though. Racing isn't my entire life, it IS my life. Everything else is just what I do to go racing.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:18 (Ref:822144)   #39
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indycool is the voice of reason here.... Mags- sorry but there are no such things as "traitors" in racing. You and I can whine and complain about who changed from this series to that, but we are also welcome to take the financial risks involved in building and running a car (or cars) if we so choose, aren't we? Perhaps taking those risks would qualify us to remark about other's decisions.

I haven't read any of your interviews yet, but if I do, I'll go into them with a suspicion that I will encounter a bias based on what I've read on this thread. Dario is a free man, and he can race in any series he likes. There are no "wrong" choices for him or Michael Andretti, or Dixon, or Kanaan, or Brack or any of the others who made what they considered to be appropriate business decisions for themselves in order to better their lot.

I suggest that you calm down. Calling someone else a "traitor" carries with it the requirement that you, yourself, are above reproach. I doubt that is the case.

Last edited by BobbyB; 29 Dec 2003 at 01:21.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:32 (Ref:822155)   #40
Mags
Veteran

Well, BobbyB

You must also be an TG fan. What are you DOING in the CART series section anyway? I wouldn't be caught DEAD in the IRL section!
I am NOT bias.. I'll have you know I do interviews for ALMS and I call Bryan Herta and Team Target and Mo Nunn my friends! I just call a spade a spade. I love RACING. When I do my interviews, I do them with 100% professionalism. I find your comments insulting, sir. Mario Andretti returns my calls and I am welcome to interview him anytime. I do believe that is as good enough a test as to what I do, thank you. And before you hurl insults my way, perhaps you SHOULD go check out my work. I am also a photog. My pictures are on the front page here.

http://www.petersenmotorsports.com/

Interviews are here..

www.rfmsports.com
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:59 (Ref:822177)   #41
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada

BobbyB, calling Indycool the voice of reason has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum! WE ALL KNOW that he only comes on the CART forum to discuss it's demise!!!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:06 (Ref:822184)   #42
Mags
Veteran

Well, Dov...Let's hang him then. He insulted me... and let me tell you; Paul Tracy is AFRAID of me... so who do YOU think would come out the winner at the end of the day??
Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:20 (Ref:822198)   #43
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dear Mags,
do you need a working partner? I'll work for free, have my own sleeping bag, I just need some bread and water. I have another idea....how about you and PT in one corner with (Versus) BobbyB and Indycool in the other and me as the unbiased referee!?

P.S. Can you give me a little info on this Rockenfeller kid? I've never heard of him before.....
Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:33 (Ref:822202)   #44
Mags
Veteran

Dov, that is what I work for.. too!! LOL. Actually, we do get food.

Here is Mike's website..
http://www.mike-rockenfeller.de/

This kid walked in at petit and qualified his car 3rd behind Luhr and Timo. He scared the , ah.. STUFF out of all the drivers there. He had never driven the "big" Porsche-AH before, never driven at night, never taken a pit stop. 19 years old.

I'll take on ANYONE. Right is MIGHT. And any IRL lover is a wuss, IMO. And insulting my work without checking it out first, well, that is just plain RUDE!! You have a sleeping bag?? WOW. I just pass out on the cold, hard gravel next to my favorite car!!

Last edited by Mags; 29 Dec 2003 at 02:35.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:44 (Ref:822209)   #45
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
So I guess that means NO to you needing a working partner! OH Lizzzzzzzzzzz, do you need a work....... Btw, thanks for the info the young race car driver, Mags. Remember one thing, Indycool, four lefts don't make it right!

Last edited by Dov; 29 Dec 2003 at 02:47.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:52 (Ref:822212)   #46
Mags
Veteran

I never said that!! Liz and I ALWAYS need help!! And, there is NOTHING cool about NEVER turning right!! EVEN NA$$CAR goes right 2 times a year!!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 03:54 (Ref:822241)   #47
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it hard to understand the intense negativity presented in the last few postings on this thread! I am not an associate of indycool or anyone else for that matter. I simply said that on this particular thread, I think his logic is accurate and worthwhile. I have been a participant on this forum for about a year and a half, and I've never been attacked this way. I find this "all or nothing" approach disgusting, if not a little bit childish! I can see shades of grey, not just black and white.

No, I am not a TG fan. I simply tried to point out that each driver, or mechanic, or team owner, or whoever they may be has the right to make the best business decision that helps them prosper in the profession that they have chosen. If I like their decision, fine. If I don't like their decision, I eventually have to concede that they have the right to act in their own best interests just as you and I do. I'm the one who must adjust to their thinking, not the other way around. This is a pretty simple concept in my opinion. I doubt that Dario would raise a stink if you chose to stop writing for rfmsports.com and chose instead to post your writings elsewhere. I wouldn't brand you as a "traitor" or "deserter". He (and I) would just figure that you saw it in your best interest to do so. And thats fine! C'mon, whatever happened to freedom of choice?

Oh, and by the way, with all the hostility sent my way in previous posts on this thread, I'm in no hurry to click on the interview link or photo link presented herein. Like you, I love racing, and I'd like to keep it that way. Confrontation is not my game.

Quoting from an above post:
"I'll take on ANYONE. Right is MIGHT. And any IRL lover is a wuss, IMO. "
I'm not going there, thank you.

Last edited by BobbyB; 29 Dec 2003 at 04:00.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 04:05 (Ref:822249)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the end, these guys are commercial animals. Yes racing is important, but only in the sense that they are willing to sacrifice some aspects of their careers in the interests of the end game.

This goes for drivers, for teams, for sponsors, for engine suppliers alike.

So they choose to switch... there has to be a reason...

Would you be happy being Ford at the moment as the only engine supplier to C^RT and knowing its in such a mess financially???

Anyway BOT, Franchitti has been mentioned in so many circles as doing Sportscars, F1, IRL, ChampCar or anything else you can think of... he has seen what an accident can do to you, physically, and mentally... maybe he isnt so keen on going back into that arena.

So he signed a deal that nails his behind to the IRL for another season or two. Only Dario can make up his mind whether he sees this as a risk he wants to pursue or not.

If I were him, I wouldnt mind staying at home with Ashley Judd too... but as a racer he would want to keep running in a series that means something, and is as safe as is practicable.

I just hope he doesnt make the wrong decision and regret it in later life
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Dec 2003, 04:30 (Ref:822265)   #49
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
BobbyB, you need not be so serious! I can't speak for Mags, but I'm only having some fun and yes, Indycool has a right to his opinion. That said, how many of us from the CART forum go over to the IRL forum to constantly bug them about the negative things that affect their series?

P.S. I do agree with Mags 100% on one thing....I sure do hate them Crapwagons and TG!!!

Last edited by Dov; 29 Dec 2003 at 04:32.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 04:42 (Ref:822275)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still smile every time I see "Crapwagons" in text.

Did you guys register this as a trademark?
#CANCERSUCKS