Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Nov 2012, 23:43 (Ref:3161736)   #26
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Oooops.

Ok, so it was only friday practice, but... !

It looks like Ferrari have ok race pace, but if second practice is indicative of their qualifying pace then they are in trouble.
Alonso's championship is over. Yes, I know that seems like a really bold declaration considering he's in a close second with three races remaining, but the only way he can come back out on top is by finishing ahead of Vettel on track and the only way that is realistically going to happen is if Vettel's car has a failure or a crash.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3161759)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
Alonso's championship is over. Yes, I know that seems like a really bold declaration considering he's in a close second with three races remaining, but the only way he can come back out on top is by finishing ahead of Vettel on track and the only way that is realistically going to happen is if Vettel's car has a failure or a crash.
Vettel could have a DNF, you never know.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3161866)   #28
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the go with Max Chilton. I see he has been interviewed a few times over the years but not knowing his history he doesn't seem to have done much to warrant F1 tests
Old 3 Nov 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3161867)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he's got a nice plump wallet, but he's fairly quick in big cars, so fair play. that second marussia seat is a revolving door anyway, and if that's what they need to stay on the grid, so be it.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3161868)   #30
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 3 Nov 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3161871)   #31
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
What's the go with Max Chilton. I see he has been interviewed a few times over the years but not knowing his history he doesn't seem to have done much to warrant F1 tests
Has pretty much the same CV as Pic, Di Grassi and D'Ambrosio before him - decent top five GP2 finish with a win here and there and money behind him. Just happens to be British. I like his attitude, more likeable than his big bro.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3161872)   #32
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Qualy 1: Vettel quite lucky to get away with that contact with the wall......
Old 3 Nov 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3161873)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis on pole, Vettel 3rd and Alonso 7th. Should be interesting tomorrow, from a championship point of view.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3161874)   #34
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel stopping out on track - penalty? Thinking Hamilton in Spain.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3161881)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pastor side by side Vettel, should be interesting.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3161883)   #36
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
great qualifying, bring it home Hamilton ☺☺☺
Old 3 Nov 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3161884)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Nice to see Lewis on pole !
Old 3 Nov 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3161892)   #38
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mister Bling does seem to like it at Abu Dhabi doesn't he?

He's really on song this weekend. From my point of view, here's hoping he takes some points off Vettel and Alonso has a good race.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3161893)   #39
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
If Lewis can win this one it will make Austin and Brazil a lot more interesting won't it.

Master Bling, funny..
Old 3 Nov 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3161894)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think, given the recent trend of small gaps across the top ten, a 3/10s gap to second can only be described as awesome. Certainly looks a happy bunny, but I hope there will be some racing tomorrow, although based upon the circuit design, I have my doubts.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3161895)   #41
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
If Lewis can win this one it will make Austin and Brazil a lot more interesting won't it.

Master Bling, funny..
I'm not so sure it would, even if he won tomorrow and Fernando and Sebastian didn't score, he'd be 37 points behiind Fernando and 50 points behind Seb.

Although he's not on pole, providing there is nothing wrong with his car, i don't think that Seb will be too upset ahead of tomorrow, all he needs to concentrate on is finishing ahead of Fernando. Can't see Fernando being too happy with 7th today.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3161896)   #42
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
What I meant was Lewis could upset the apple cart a bit don't you think Mr V ?

Fernando will make his usual charge of course..
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3161899)   #43
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I'm not so sure it would, even if he won tomorrow and Fernando and Sebastian didn't score, he'd be 37 points behiind Fernando and 50 points behind Seb.

Although he's not on pole, providing there is nothing wrong with his car, i don't think that Seb will be too upset ahead of tomorrow, all he needs to concentrate on is finishing ahead of Fernando. Can't see Fernando being too happy with 7th today.
Sooo your saying that if Lewis wins all 3 rounds, and Vettel doesn't score and Alonso scores no more than 13 points, Lewis will be World Champion!?

Woho, Lewis for WC 2012

(sarcasm if anyone should be in doubt )
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3161902)   #44
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all know Hamilton's chances are only still there mathematically. The point is, he can still have a significant say in who does win.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3161905)   #45
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An interesting session regarding the times. Some big gaps. Lewis again shows the world he is significantly better than Button. Maldonado mighty and Kimi well ahead of Romain. Webber won't keel over for Vettel like Massa would Alonso so Vettel needs to make a decisive move, then I imagine Mark won't be too robust in defence. Lewis and Seb do go well here, don't they?
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3161907)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Lewis again shows the world he is significantly better than Button.
You really must get your head out of trolling mode.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3161908)   #47
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just amused at how silent many posters have gone on how Button has shown he is as good as Hamilton. No trolling necessary.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3161911)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I still maintain there's little difference. I find it amusing that many posters just see the one lap and think that's it. Having said that, this weekend Hamilton does look special.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3161912)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Webber won't keel over for Vettel.....

Really....? I expect Vettel to be ahead of Webber before the end of the first lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I still maintain there's little difference. I find it amusing that many posters just see the one lap and think that's it. Having said that, this weekend Hamilton does look special.
I agree.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3161913)   #50
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Lewis again shows the world he is significantly better at qualifying than Button.
But then nobody ever won any points on Saturday.

Quote:
Webber won't keel over for Vettel like Massa would Alonso so Vettel needs to make a decisive move, then I imagine Mark won't be too robust in defence.
Webber will do what he's bloody well told, like any #2.