Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Jul 2015, 04:57 (Ref:3562339)   #26
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Caruso off to a crappy start.

Michael Caruso's Nissan has endured the first incident of the weekend at Queensland Raceway ahead of the Coates Hire Ipswich Super Sprint Read More
Where's Murph when you need him?
Old 30 Jul 2015, 05:38 (Ref:3562351)   #27
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Still wondering whether to go or not. It's more a question of money then anything.
I'm in the opposite position, I've got a free ticket, just not sure if I can be bothered using it.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3562394)   #28
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lee Holdsworth with Surf Lifesaver branding. Tough going getting sponsors these days, even with a name driver and car.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3562427)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Lee Holdsworth with Surf Lifesaver branding. Tough going getting sponsors these days, even with a name driver and car.
You might have thought that Mr Forkifts may have used the association with Surf Life Saving, which has an association with DHL, to parlay some forklift supply to that organisation, in exchange for some car signage space. Or am I being too clever?
Old 31 Jul 2015, 04:17 (Ref:3562693)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chaz looking quick today, faster of the hard tyre runners, fastest of the soft tyre runners
Old 1 Aug 2015, 00:48 (Ref:3562955)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Friday was a bit meaningless.. again.. in understanding times. Like in the codriver session, putting Mr Canto on softs when nobody else in the top teams were.. and still not getting the FTD was a bit odd...

A new day today, hopefully fog-free...
Old 1 Aug 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3562956)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Not to meaningless. Chaz is still fast.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 00:59 (Ref:3562960)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Not to meaningless. Chaz is still fast.
Sure, but so was Dean Fiore in the codriver session.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 01:06 (Ref:3562961)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
When will we hear that dreaded 'P' word again..

...the Nissan had so much rear downforce it broke its rear wing..
Old 1 Aug 2015, 03:49 (Ref:3562983)   #35
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a call out to anyone at the track, have you felt an earth tremor there, just had another hit the gold coast. That could really make the race interesting!
Old 1 Aug 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3562986)   #36
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How good is Garry looking? Doesn't look his age if you ask me.

I saw him on a plane a few years ago and he looked frail, I wonder if he was unwell and is now better?

I don't know if they showed more of it but the parade of the GRM cars looked awesome!

EDIT: WOW we have seen some action already.

With ALL the PRA cars in the top 10 and only the top 2 running Supashocks, I don't know how people can absolutely say there is no aero parity issue with that Falcon...

Friendly fire amongst the Nissans sees TKelly off, and ruins Wall & Bright's race?

Last edited by Mixer; 1 Aug 2015 at 04:37.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 04:46 (Ref:3562991)   #37
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else's Foxtel playing up?

Froze around lap 12/13 for some time & then breaking up when resuming on lap 15?
Old 1 Aug 2015, 04:51 (Ref:3562992)   #38
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
Anyone else's Foxtel playing up?

Froze around lap 12/13 for some time & then breaking up when resuming on lap 15?
We only missed about a lap.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 04:53 (Ref:3562993)   #39
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I blamed my internet but Foxtel Go out too.

How was that racing between The Giz, Lowndes and Chaz!

Lowndes really got a bit lucky, Chaz was leaning on Shane and slowed both of them up, but some cracking racing there.

LOOOOOOOOOOVE Chaz and Shane's grins and attitude to having a really hard, fair race!!! None of this "blah hit me" whinging!

Last edited by Mixer; 1 Aug 2015 at 05:00.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 05:07 (Ref:3562997)   #40
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

ahhh.. we may have missed a lap thanks to Foxtel & a lap due to the wife trying to "fix" it

Great attitude by Chaz !
Old 1 Aug 2015, 05:09 (Ref:3562999)   #41
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I blamed my internet but Foxtel Go out too.

How was that racing between The Giz, Lowndes and Chaz!

Lowndes really got a bit lucky, Chaz was leaning on Shane and slowed both of them up, but some cracking racing there.

LOOOOOOOOOOVE Chaz and Shane's grins and attitude to having a really hard, fair race!!! None of this "blah hit me" whinging!
Great attitude from both and the team managers could learn from it.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 05:40 (Ref:3563004)   #42
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Great attitude from both and the team managers could learn from it.
Frosty's comment on it was interesting - he's right that some guys can race like that and nobody ends up off, but others will seem to always cart someone off...

Courtney & Dale Wood seem to come to mind as guys who I wouldn't want to go door to door with...

Loving seeing more of Garry. He is a real character and a real survivor of our sport.

Once upon a time I lived locally to the workshop and I used to pop in and do a bit of grunt work and cleaning and even bunked in the truck once or twice. I haven't been involved in any other V8 teams, but I know the people in that one are real people who work really hard.

A flagship V8Supercar team for sure and probably one of the more prolific talent scouts in the game. I'm really glad he didn't sell up a few years ago, and had the chops to get the Volvo deal, which seems to have given the team a real second life.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 06:05 (Ref:3563006)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
One Falcon wins, the rest of the fleet crashes or blows up.

One bloke driving out of his skin... Frostyvis doing alright this year
Old 1 Aug 2015, 06:37 (Ref:3563009)   #44
Mixer
Veteran

Safety car gets called, and Foxtel Go shits itself again.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 06:43 (Ref:3563012)   #45
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
mine didnt stop
Old 1 Aug 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3563014)   #46
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
mine didnt stop
Kicked me off "That content isn't available right now"

The platform they use for computers is ****ing **** and already deprecated. The experience on tablet is 100000000% better. They should ****ing sort it.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 07:11 (Ref:3563018)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, Frosty kicks on, further ahead...

Lets see what tomorrow brings...
Old 1 Aug 2015, 07:15 (Ref:3563019)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
hard tyre race more exciting than soft tyre, Not what was expected.

whincup still not showing signs of looking in the hunt
Old 1 Aug 2015, 07:25 (Ref:3563021)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
11 races since Mr Whincup visited the podium apparently...

Hasnt happened since 2005...
Old 1 Aug 2015, 07:33 (Ref:3563023)   #50
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
hard tyre race more exciting than soft tyre, Not what was expected.

whincup still not showing signs of looking in the hunt
It was good to watch Frosty and CL driving at 10/10ths, however it wasn't a great spectacle IMO.