Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1341876)   #26
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Gower
Oh yeah and a belated happy birthday to Mike K, hope his recovery was a swift one and that he continued his celebrations on sunday night!
My apologies to Mike also. I promised to give him a plug over the commentary and clean forgot. Happy birthday for yesterday you 45 year old person.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1341887)   #27
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed, happy birthday again Mike!

Big thanks to diz and the Formula Ford guys once again - great social occasion once again and it just added to the great racing and sunshine to make it one of my favourite weekends of the season. BTW - a few photos from the weekend and the Barbie are appearing on marshalspost as I type
Old 28 Jun 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1342035)   #28
insight
Rookie

insight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
TOCA is now a part of BARC who DO supply drinks etc on a regular basis!
We have never seen this happen at Oulton for any TOCA meeting. In fact drinks have never been supplied. A good job it was not hot as BARC had not made any provision to have any there

Perhaps Mr Green you need to consult with the people on the ground at Oulton and not answer for them when you are not in possession of the full facts.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1342107)   #29
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by insight
Perhaps Mr Green you need to consult with the people on the ground at Oulton and not answer for them when you are not in possession of the full facts.
Steven's comment was perfectly valid. At club level BARC does supply drinks at Oulton - BARC NW values its marshals. TOCA meetings are run by BARC HQ.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1342190)   #30
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perfect example of that - on the very same weekend at Mallory, BARC handed out drinks to all marshals during the day. It seems to be the meeting that dictates our "perks", rather than the organising club....
Old 28 Jun 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1342194)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by insight
We have never seen this happen at Oulton for any TOCA meeting. In fact drinks have never been supplied. A good job it was not hot as BARC had not made any provision to have any there

I was at Goodwood this weekend which was a BARC meeting and water was most certainly handed out. However, I agree I was not at Oulton so will shut my mouth before I upset you further.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1343267)   #32
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for the delay, but a great big thank you to Diz and all the guys and gals of the NWFF for the most enjoyable BBQ las Saturday night I was just expecting a burger and bun but was pleasantly suprised to have burgers, sausages chicken appearing at regular intervals. What was also great was the free beer Thank you for the rendition of happy birthday as well. My celebrations continued late into the night. For those that saw me flagging at Abbotts, yes I was flagging Sorry to the drivers for any bad flag signals!

p.s. the headache lasted till Tuesday!!!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 30 Jun 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1343720)   #33
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you all got the 2 bags of food that Infiniti supplied. I can be seen dropping it off on ASP's pictures! Sorry I didn't stay too long but we had to re wire my car after a problem with the starter motor.

Also thanks to the marshal that delivered my side pod back to the awning after it decided to come off going down the back straight!!
Old 30 Jun 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1343738)   #34
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
I hope you all got the 2 bags of food that Infiniti supplied. I can be seen dropping it off on ASP's pictures! Sorry I didn't stay too long but we had to re wire my car after a problem with the starter motor.

Also thanks to the marshal that delivered my side pod back to the awning after it decided to come off going down the back straight!!
Surely "we had to rewire my car ......" didn't need you there, as you are the driver who pays the bills? [why have a dog and bark yourself? ]
So you could have stayed longer and and watched the animals [both drivers and marshals] devouring Infiniti's food.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1343743)   #35
Redracer77
Veteran

Diz if I had rewired the car it would have blown up on Sunday!! But I didn't want to go down when all the team were working hard on the cars after a great 1,2,3!!
Old 30 Jun 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1343745)   #36
Redracer77
Veteran

The baby is now getting in the way of racing!! I am feeding Charlotte curries and all sorts as I want it to come soon as I want to do the MSV round at Snett!!!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1344572)   #37
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll tell Charlotte you said that.......