Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 May 2024, 19:46 (Ref:4207442)   #26
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only watched the replay once, but my impression is... Lewis jumped in the gap, but really couldn't make the corner and pushed wide into cars already stacked up on the outside. I think Alonso sort of was doing the same and I am not sure if he could have made the corner (maybe he could have), but in the end, Lewis into Alonso, Alonso into Stroll, Stroll into Norris. Or something to that effect. I think it was overly optimistic for Lewis, but am on the fence regarding it being penalty worthy. The stewards tend to turn a blind eye to first corner stuff unless it was blatantly wrong. It did ruin the race for Stroll and Norris. I can only laugh at Alonso's comment however. He clearly is still sore from his recent penalty.

Richard
Old 4 May 2024, 20:28 (Ref:4207447)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Danny Ric's resurgence has come to an end, as he starts last plus he has a three place grid penalty.
Old 4 May 2024, 20:39 (Ref:4207448)   #28
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Magnussen has been called to appear before the Stewards to answer a question of unsporting behaviour.

Magnussen has been "awarded" 3 seperate 10 seconds penalties for leaving the track and thus gaining a lasting advantage during the sprint. He has also been given 3 penalty points, bringing his total to 8 over a 12 month period.
Old 4 May 2024, 20:44 (Ref:4207449)   #29
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Haven't seen the qualy yet, but the Sprint race was very entertaining. KMag was obviously pushing hard and beyond the limits on several occasions, but I admire his honesty in accepting it was OTT.

Was somewaht puzzled about the "speeding in the pit lane" when it was behind the SC - it must have been pretty marginal as everyone seemed to be running pretty nose to tail......
Old 4 May 2024, 20:45 (Ref:4207450)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso fails to make it into Q3.
Old 4 May 2024, 21:05 (Ref:4207457)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Super Max on pole, with seven in a row and Red Bull's 101st.
Old 4 May 2024, 21:21 (Ref:4207459)   #32
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Super Max on pole, with seven in a row and Red Bull's 101st.
Only Senna has done more consecutively. He managed 8 in 1989.
Old 5 May 2024, 00:02 (Ref:4207468)   #33
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Magnussen has been "awarded" 3 seperate 10 seconds penalties for leaving the track and thus gaining a lasting advantage during the sprint. He has also been given 3 penalty points, bringing his total to 8 over a 12 month period.
Interesting.
How many penalty point did Max get for his behaviour in Brazil when battling against Hamilton in 2021?

I just find the whole penalty situation in F1 something that sticks in my throat.
As an adjudicator I understand the principle of penalizing people for infringements but the situation we have now is becoming not only tiresome but irritating.
Old 5 May 2024, 03:17 (Ref:4207481)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Only Senna has done more consecutively. He managed 8 in 1989.

I'm sure that's next on the list.
Old 5 May 2024, 05:58 (Ref:4207489)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Danny Ric's resurgence has come to an end, as he starts last plus he has a three place grid penalty.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 May 2024, 07:55 (Ref:4207493)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Provisional FIA Grid. https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...ing%20Grid.pdf

Ocon also has to serve a 10 second penalty in the main race for the unsafe release where he drove into Leclerc leaving the garage en route to the Sprint race grid.
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...%20release.pdf
Old 5 May 2024, 08:07 (Ref:4207494)   #37
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Interesting.
How many penalty point did Max get for his behaviour in Brazil when battling against Hamilton in 2021?

I just find the whole penalty situation in F1 something that sticks in my throat.
As an adjudicator I understand the principle of penalizing people for infringements but the situation we have now is becoming not only tiresome but irritating.
Then you will not be pleased that he was later given a further 50 second penalty for a further similar transgression.

He was called back to the Stewards later in respect of these transgressions which he had mentioned publicly in a post race interview, saying that he had done so on purpose to keep Hamilton behind and to attempt to increase the gap between him and the car in front.

The Stewards considered his response, and determined that no further action was required and that it didn't quite reach the determination to be classified as unsporting behaviour.

However, they further said that going forward, this behaviour will be monitored and this matter will be discussed within the FIA to see whether repeated transgressions like this needs to be given a heavier penalty.
Old 5 May 2024, 11:31 (Ref:4207507)   #38
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What was the Penalty for?
Old 5 May 2024, 11:57 (Ref:4207508)   #39
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
What was the Penalty for?
Overtaking Hulkenberg under the SC in China.Danny had argued that he believed he could make the move on Hulkenberg as Nico had overtaken him before under the Safety Car, but the stewards stated that this had been permitted because of Article 55.8 and added that there was "no justifiable basis" for Ricciardo to overtake Hulkenberg. (Danny was hit by Stroll under the SC, Danny went off track and slowed right down, before rejoining so Nico had passed him as permitted. Danny wrongly thought he was allowed to repass Nico so did so, but got pinged for it)

Danny was handed a 10-second time penalty for the offence but, having retired from the running, the China penalty technically was not served so the grid penalty for the next race (Miami) was imposed instead.

As an aside, what the team should have done as the car was still running and drivable albeit damaged when he retired, was send Danny out for another lap, pit him, serve the penalty, rejoin, then come back in next lap to retire. The penalty then would have been served and thus no carry over penalty would be warranted.

Remember back in Japan I think it was, last year, Perez got damage and retired, having just carved up I think KMag and being given a penalty, which when he retired (the first time) had not been served. The mechanics patched up Sergio's car and half an hour after retiring first time Sergio went back out, came straight back in to serve the penalty, drove round another lap to then come in and retire for good. Had the team not done that he would have carried over a grid penalty as Danny has. An oversight by VCARB to not do similar with Danny.

Hope that makes sense.....

Last edited by E.B; 5 May 2024 at 12:05.
Old 5 May 2024, 13:25 (Ref:4207511)   #40
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Overtaking Hulkenberg under the SC in China.Danny had argued that he believed he could make the move on Hulkenberg as Nico had overtaken him before under the Safety Car, but the stewards stated that this had been permitted because of Article 55.8 and added that there was "no justifiable basis" for Ricciardo to overtake Hulkenberg. (Danny was hit by Stroll under the SC, Danny went off track and slowed right down, before rejoining so Nico had passed him as permitted. Danny wrongly thought he was allowed to repass Nico so did so, but got pinged for it)

Danny was handed a 10-second time penalty for the offence but, having retired from the running, the China penalty technically was not served so the grid penalty for the next race (Miami) was imposed instead.

As an aside, what the team should have done as the car was still running and drivable albeit damaged when he retired, was send Danny out for another lap, pit him, serve the penalty, rejoin, then come back in next lap to retire. The penalty then would have been served and thus no carry over penalty would be warranted.

Remember back in Japan I think it was, last year, Perez got damage and retired, having just carved up I think KMag and being given a penalty, which when he retired (the first time) had not been served. The mechanics patched up Sergio's car and half an hour after retiring first time Sergio went back out, came straight back in to serve the penalty, drove round another lap to then come in and retire for good. Had the team not done that he would have carried over a grid penalty as Danny has. An oversight by VCARB to not do similar with Danny.

Hope that makes sense.....
AHHHHHHH yes I totally forgot that. Cheers
Long day for Danny then after the sprint result
Old 5 May 2024, 19:40 (Ref:4207529)   #41
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we have a Kanye interview, please?
Old 5 May 2024, 20:07 (Ref:4207533)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Blimey, that was a little too close between Verstappen and Perez.
Old 5 May 2024, 20:23 (Ref:4207536)   #43
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sweet, TV provider ABSOLUTELY TRASH on the distribution locally so that's GREAT. Dropped multiple times streaming and OTA lost a couple times, Atlanta hates F1 I guess

And 4pm start is nonsense, I like my early Sunday morning race and then the rest of the day.
Old 5 May 2024, 20:27 (Ref:4207540)   #44
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a JOKE of regs forcing Albon to give back a place because Stroll couldn't make the corner without hitting him. Stroll is becoming a menace
Old 5 May 2024, 20:49 (Ref:4207543)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
FCY, as Sargent goes off.

Edit: He tangled with Magnussen, who gets a 10 sec. penalty.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 5 May 2024 at 20:55.
Old 5 May 2024, 20:52 (Ref:4207545)   #46
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The Safety car picks up the wrong leader :/

How difficult is that, guys?
Old 5 May 2024, 20:54 (Ref:4207546)   #47
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing
It will take ages like this
Old 5 May 2024, 20:54 (Ref:4207547)   #48
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Regulation absolute ridiculousness continues. Let Landon absolutely fly around the track while everyone else runs 20 plus seconds slower and now we have to wait another 3 laps. IMSA does it better accidentally than this

And then 10 seconds for that. Absolute garbage, it's not racing it's damn ball room dancing now. Done
Old 5 May 2024, 20:54 (Ref:4207548)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post
The Safety car picks up the wrong leader :/

How difficult is that, guys?

Force of habbit.
Old 5 May 2024, 21:06 (Ref:4207550)   #50
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lando thinking .. gonna win or crash as he keeps setting fastest lap. I am hoping for a Lando win.

Richard