Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jun 2001, 05:22 (Ref:109830)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh...i see that the post now goes down to calling each other buggers and lame ducks...

So much for a friendly discussions between Pro-Schumys and some drowned chickens~

And by the way, i am not saying that JPM is deliberate. It IS a racing incident which happened as aways when hard racing is involved. I had let the issue past as something which happened a 3 races ago. But i brought it up just to point out that what DC said is a sweeping statement...and that we should not use his words as a measure regarding "avoiding actions". I am targeting DCs words..not yours because he said "any move where another driver has to take avoiding action should not be allowed". JPM incident made MS take avoiding actions...braking at the last possible moment is a move...but in this situation...it is an incident...and why should it not be allowed?

As for bghaw: "Keep in mind how political F1 is and keep in mind the many different levels of competition that goes on off track and then try to understand where DC is coming from."
It would be appropriate for me to tell a fellow lame duck to keep what you said here in mind before you go bashing around every tiny little thing that Michael does.

Please note that i have nothing against ANY posters here, and i realised that any arguments between pro-and-anti Schumys are leading to disscord among us...why all the trashing here among people with the same (general, i add) interests?
Old 26 Jun 2001, 06:33 (Ref:109843)   #27
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Ahh...i see that the post now goes down to calling each other buggers and lame ducks...

Let me clear one point up right now so there is no misunderstanding here.
The word "you silly bugger" is mostly used in Australia as a term of endearment, and it is in this context that I use this word. WREX is a friend of mine, and I hope Angst will consider me in the same manner. I will never insult another poster here in this forum, except AMoffat, whom I consider as my closest friend in this forum.

I trust this clears things up a little.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 07:00 (Ref:109849)   #28
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

I will never insult another poster here in this forum, except AMoffat, whom I consider as my closest friend in this forum.

Now notice Valve said closest, not closet!

Thanks mate.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 07:52 (Ref:109858)   #29
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valve, being the easy going fellow that I am (no, really, I am) I took your words in the vein in which they were meant (I assumed). See your point as well, perhaps the words I used were too sweeping. I may have misquoted DC as I couldn't remember exactly how he put it. I was actually making the point that the JPM TGF incident in Austria had nothing to do with, and is not comparable to what TGF did at the start in Germany.

That move at the start was WRONG. It had nothing to do with what I have always viewed as racing. It's as simple as that. I would say the same if anybody had done that, the fact is it was TGF, and the reason I come across as a TGF basher is because he always is the one who takes things way over what I regard as acceptable behaviour on a racing circuit.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 08:49 (Ref:109873)   #30
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
.originally placed in the letter box by angst..

...and the reason I come across as a TGF basher is because he always is the one who takes things way over what I regard as acceptable behaviour on a racing circuit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to appologise at all. The above can be considered the thinking man's response to TGW problem.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 08:57 (Ref:109874)   #31
angst
Veteran

I should also add that I also have nothing against any member on this forum and I hope no-one takes offence to my posts.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 09:09 (Ref:109876)   #32
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kiez...so i see its still one big happy family~

Thanks VB for "clearing up", i see that i have to blame my government for the difference in language gap between mine and yours~ Sincerely apologize!
Old 26 Jun 2001, 09:09 (Ref:109877)   #33
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
angst, I sent you a PM last night - did you get it?
Old 26 Jun 2001, 09:56 (Ref:109881)   #34
angst
Veteran

Wrex, just got it now - Cheers. You're a Gentleman.

Last edited by angst; 26 Jun 2001 at 09:56.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 15:37 (Ref:109959)   #35
bghaw
Rookie

bghaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR: as for being a "lame duck", i simply meant sitting on your arse keeping your mouth shut like a good little girl and that was geared towards DC ("if you were in HIS position, would you sit back and do nothing, in other words). As for your reference about competition and MS's actions, i hope you realise that there is a BIG difference in trying to instigate a verbal war/mental war between two competitors and endagering lives for the sake of a race win.