Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Sep 2004, 07:07 (Ref:1085601)   #26
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
According to Infocourse, DAMS tested two Murcielago at Adria (on their way to Imola), including a brand new one.

No reliability problems, just set-ups...
Reiter Engineering shared the test session with DAMS to test a number of new development parts, concentrating on brakes, power shift, suspension and car set up.

source: http://news.kak.net/modules.php?op=m...rder=0&thold=0
Old 3 Sep 2004, 13:59 (Ref:1085949)   #27
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The MC12 already drove the second fastest lap during the first practice session.

The lap times of the Lamborghini on the other hand are a bit disappointing

http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?sea...20Practice%201
Old 3 Sep 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1085988)   #28
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like the maseratis as well as the lambos are suffering due to the ballast as well as the wing reduction in the case of the maseratis. who knows if the maseratis are holding back at all but i wouldnt be surprised if dams will be faster at oschers when the ballast is lifted for the lambos
Old 3 Sep 2004, 15:03 (Ref:1085994)   #29
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Results of second practice session: http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?sea...20Practice%202

Maserati again on pace, while Lambo lap times completely off pace.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1086012)   #30
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good pace for the mazza ..
lambo . not that good . i remember it did very good in Monza . or was it Valencia ??
360 ahead of 996 ..

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Sep 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1086030)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was Valencia, but it was a wet weekend if I recall. The Lambo took third that weekend if I'm not mistaken.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1086050)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the Maserati is not at least 1.5 seconds a lap quicker in qualifying, they are sandbaging and taking the p***!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 17:22 (Ref:1086139)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They may well sandbag in qualifying too.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 17:40 (Ref:1086157)   #34
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
It was Valencia, but it was a wet weekend if I recall. The Lambo took third that weekend if I'm not mistaken.
Friday was wet, saturday and sunday actually had nice weather. And yes, it came in 3rd, though it could have won the race if they hadn't made that error in the pitstop.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 18:36 (Ref:1086190)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
With the Zwaans Viper 2nd I think we can't take these results very serious.

Last edited by FIRE; 3 Sep 2004 at 18:38.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1086207)   #36
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Normally not. But Bouchut is behind the wheel again, so a small miracle might happen. Wishfull thinking?

*edit*
Or not so wishfull thinking? Bouchuts reaction:
Quote:
Christophe Bouchut – nr 10 Zwaan’s Racing Chrysler Viper : “It is very satisfying to set times like that (6th in the first session, 2nd in the second) especially with the Chrysler Viper. The team has done some excellent work, and mechanically the car is very good. The car’s advantage on this circuit is that you really have to go up on the kerbs in order to get a good time, and the Viper is very good over the kerbs. So that is one of the reasons I am so competitive with the car; I also have plenty of Imola experience from the Porsche Supercup. I only did four laps in the morning with race tyres. I am really satisfied. “
And this is the #10, the car that has finished most of the races it entered. So points should definitely be possible

Last edited by Bramzel; 3 Sep 2004 at 19:06.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1086215)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bramzel
Normally not. But Bouchut is behind the wheel again, so a small miracle might happen. Wishfull thinking?
I didn't know that.
Now I see at pitstoptv.be that Henrik Roos is to busy with Simbin so he's replaced by the experienced Viper man.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1086232)   #38
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Yup. Only this weekend though, Roos will be back in the car again for the last 2 races.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1086596)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Four cars ahead of the BMS 550, that's good news (even if because of the ballast)...

Let's give time to the Lambo... it's still good to have it there... "Paris ne s'est pas fait en un jour" = Paris was done made in one day
Old 4 Sep 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1086600)   #40
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Help help help : I stil can't find anything on the race in the TV schedules, even delayed... don't say they don't even plan to SHOW the race !

Someone has to explain WHY Ratel Organisation sold the rights to Eurosport to keep the tapes in cupboards...
Old 4 Sep 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1086612)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Four cars ahead of the BMS 550, that's good news (even if because of the ballast)...

Let's give time to the Lambo... it's still good to have it there... "Paris ne s'est pas fait en un jour" = Paris was done made in one day
Don't you mean: "Paris was NOT made in one day"?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Help help help : I stil can't find anything on the race in the TV schedules, even delayed... don't say they don't even plan to SHOW the race !

Someone has to explain WHY Ratel Organisation sold the rights to Eurosport to keep the tapes in cupboards...
Eurosport is not doing a great job (like always, except motor racing), but if they sell it to ITV or Motors TV I can't receive it. The best way would be a live stream like last Euro GT race on Zandvoort. That stream was in perfect quality.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1086752)   #42
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow, are the Maserati's sandbagging or what? 8th and 12th in qual.

maybe they are not? but that doesnt seem right. sure, they have 60KG + the smaller wing, but they were alot faster in their tests (faster than the other fia gt cars , remember paul ricard?)
Old 4 Sep 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1086798)   #43
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
will see in the race

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Sep 2004, 16:59 (Ref:1086805)   #44
tblincoe
Veteran

im guessing that they are not sandbagging so much that they show up 8th and 12th in qualifying. i really think that the smaller wing and ballast is causing them trouble. without the wing and ballast, how much faster would the maserati be? is all this fuss about the maserati being a class killer really warranted?
Old 4 Sep 2004, 17:13 (Ref:1086812)   #45
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow the top 14 cars withing 2 seconds of each other! Looking forward to the race, should give some nice fights
Old 4 Sep 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1086818)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
im guessing that they are not sandbagging so much that they show up 8th and 12th in qualifying. i really think that the smaller wing and ballast is causing them trouble. without the wing and ballast, how much faster would the maserati be? is all this fuss about the maserati being a class killer really warranted?
They are taking the p***, quite obviously. The pole car has 100KG of ballast!
Old 4 Sep 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1086898)   #47
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I think they are sandbagging. Did Maserati use Imola as a test track?

Nice photo of the Lambo and Maserati.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1086899)   #48
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, perhaps the Maseratis are sandbagging. But then again we dont know for sure, the 60kg of ballast shoudnt be a major handicap, but Im betting the rear wing penalty has had quite a signifcant effect on the cars downforce levels. Will be intresting to see how they go in the race, but yes I do also find it a bit odd that the cars are so off of the pace.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 02:33 (Ref:1087058)   #49
tblincoe
Veteran

and for once DSC seems to not be totally on the ball. no mention or analysis or even speculation on what is going on with the maseratis...

and yes maserati did use imola as a test track
Old 5 Sep 2004, 02:42 (Ref:1087060)   #50
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess DSC cant get a hold of their reporters in Imola, since they didnt want to pay 400euros for a phone line!! (outrageous, why would Imola want to charge so much for that!!).. so i figure everything is being done via the offical fia media people. and theres no speculation with them.

cant wait for the race tomorrow. eurosport better have the live video feed working for the full 3 hrs this time..