Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Feb 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2632465)   #26
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nationwide qualifying was washed out but according to NASCAR.com the race is still a go. I just hope I'm not staying up until 2am for nothing!
Old 13 Feb 2010, 00:58 (Ref:2632496)   #27
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race postponed, will be run 6:30pm tomorrow Saturday instead.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 01:24 (Ref:2632504)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, it seemed to have stopped raining at least an hour and a half ago...
i guess nascar knows best.....
two races tomorrow to look forward too, with no rain in sight.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2632876)   #29
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it is almost time for the delayed truck race to get the green flag(follow by a few yellows)
Old 13 Feb 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2632890)   #30
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
If anyone else is coming to Justin's party, and is having conversations, then let me know which room of the house you are in.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2632915)   #31
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slapnut is quite popular & is good quality - got the PC going through the HDMI cable to the TV & it looks no worse than some Eurosport broadcasts.

Using the laptop to speak with people while the screen is in use - get this race out the way, then over to Ustream for the rest of the Bathurst 12hr.

edit - can anyone find the live timing for trucks on NASCAR's site?
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:24 (Ref:2632920)   #32
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Wow. Not even a single lap completed before the first caution. Good job, guys, !
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:24 (Ref:2632921)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can't find timing and scoring either....
big wreck before the end of the first lap...
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2632922)   #34
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blame piquet - it's a safe bet
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2632923)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
too bad for Dillon in the black #3. out right off the bat...
Sauter
Kyle
Cassil
several others involved....
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2632924)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Blame piquet - it's a safe bet

so you are saying it was planned?
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2632926)   #37
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
People linger on the planned crash too much - Piquet is more than capable of having an unplanned crash as well.

Incidently, have you noticed whatt number Nelson is running? - apparently in NASCAR, you don't even reserve #1 for the champion.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2632927)   #38
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spewing this race aint live in Oz today - was on the box yesterday, but the rain ruined that...
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2632928)   #39
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
The #3 got himself - and lots of others - wrecked. I wonder if the spotter warned him about the truck coming on the inside.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2632930)   #40
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Just watch it live streaming on the internet, gomick. It is available at zero cost.

I assume you are very new to NASCAR, then, courageous, to be unaware that the 1 is not reserved?
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2632932)   #41
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
I assume you are very new to NASCAR, then, courageous, to be unaware that the 1 is not reserved?
Casual viewer for the past 3-5 years (but this year, I've been able to see all of the speedweeks from the 24hr all the way to tomorrow's big one).
I knew that drivers often kept their numbers, but I would have thought #1 would be an exeption (or at least not used if the champion doesn't want it).
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:41 (Ref:2632934)   #42
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
good...
that made it through one green flag lap...will they make two?
yes
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:41 (Ref:2632935)   #43
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Incidently, have you noticed whatt number Nelson is running? - apparently in NASCAR, you don't even reserve #1 for the champion.
There are no 'reserved' numbers in NASCAR. Might sound strange to someone not used to it, but at the same time it's what allows for some driver/number combinations to become quite legendary, like Dale Earnhardt and the #3 or Richard Petty and the #43.

Can't say the same for the drivers in, for example, Formula 1, where the number of the car is, well, just a number without any sort of meaning.

Edit - Bleh, just noticed I was quite late replying to this.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:42 (Ref:2632936)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Casual viewer for the past 3-5 years (but this year, I've been able to see all of the speedweeks from the 24hr all the way to tomorrow's big one).
I knew that drivers often kept their numbers, but I would have thought #1 would be an exeption (or at least not used if the champion doesn't want it).
car/truck numbers in nascar don't mean anything until someone makes the number mean something.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2632937)   #45
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Can't say the same for the drivers in, for example, Formula 1, where the number of the car is, well, just a number without any sort of meaning.
Well, there is one number in F1 that means something. It may only be one number that means something, but it really does mean something. Besides that, the rest of the numbering reflects the WCC. The numbers may not be a reflection of individual drivers (beyond the 1), but they still mean something. It just focuses on the team.

In NASCAR, from the technical POV, they are reflections of team owner rights. Those numbers may become iconic with a driver, but it still remains the reserve of the owner.

I don't think NASCAR or F1 systems, or whichever other form you may pick, are necessarily better or worse. Just different.

Last edited by Dutton; 14 Feb 2010 at 00:52.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2632939)   #46
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Nice to see Papis near the front.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2632946)   #47
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
Very impressive runs for Carmichael, Papis & Piquet - all not really stock car guys.

edit - that put the kiss of death on it, but still 2 out of 3...
Old 14 Feb 2010, 01:06 (Ref:2632947)   #48
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
This is turning into a worse demolition derby than the ARCA race.

Edit - Not sure what Michael Waltrip is talking about, but it was pretty obvious Ricky Carmichael misstimed the bump and turned Hornaday. Looked like Carmichael was turning ever so slightly and didn't hit Hornaday straight on.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 01:09 (Ref:2632949)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
well...kinda what you'd expect from the trucks at Daytona.
regardless, it's ugly.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2632951)   #50
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
This is turning into a worse demolition derby than the ARCA race.

Edit - Not sure what Michael Waltrip is talking about, but it was pretty obvious Ricky Carmichael misstimed the bump and turned Hornaday.
i don't think that, even with a tire down, Ron Hornaday would turn right without some help from the GOAT...i love Ricky but that was all him.
rookie mistake.