Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 26 Jan 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2379983)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Barber, Lime Rock, VIR, Mosport all would not be suitable for a variety of reasons. Miller would work.

I think the four cylinder turbo motors will really only happen if they can get another manufacturer to commit otherwise I doubt with the current economy, Honda is going to develop a totally brand new engine just for the heck of it.
I think Barber would work, but would lead to an incredibly boring race... although similar to the street circuits it would replace.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2380032)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Why wouldn't Mosport work? I suppose it could be said another race so close to Toronto doesn't make sense. Other than that, I don't see why Mosport couldn't be used: I guess safety could be argued, but then the IRL has been happy enough to run in plenty dangerous enough places.

All I'd say is that something shouldn't be replaced for the sake of it. If there isn't a properly considered and respectable option available, then it is better to have one less race. A rushed and ill-considered replacement wouldn't help matters at all.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2380761)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Why wouldn't Mosport work? I suppose it could be said another race so close to Toronto doesn't make sense. Other than that, I don't see why Mosport couldn't be used: I guess safety could be argued, but then the IRL has been happy enough to run in plenty dangerous enough places.

All I'd say is that something shouldn't be replaced for the sake of it. If there isn't a properly considered and respectable option available, then it is better to have one less race. A rushed and ill-considered replacement wouldn't help matters at all.
I think safety would be the major concern. The T2,3,4 section is crazy, but what do I know. I do know that when the open wheel cars come, the catch fences go up. Thankfully no one mentioned Rd. Atl. in this thread.