Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Aug 2001, 22:43 (Ref:131960)   #26
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Knew somebody would pick up on that one. When I say proved himself I mean he has shown that he is up to the job.

Some of the other accidents weren't particularly all his own fault. He got turned into the tyres at Brands the same bit as JP did, and he isn't inexperienced.
Old 17 Aug 2001, 23:07 (Ref:131968)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Whatever he has and hasn't done, the fact remains that he WILL draw huge crowds to BTCC meetings and love him or hate him, thats good news for the series
Old 17 Aug 2001, 23:17 (Ref:131969)   #28
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news for the circuit owners, manufacturers or us the fans? Some people have said that you just about couldn't move at Donington in 1998.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 10:19 (Ref:132074)   #29
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
Knew somebody would pick up on that one. When I say proved himself I mean he has shown that he is up to the job.
He has shown that he can show up for the job at least.

I'm not denying that Mansell would be a huge draw for the crowds but surely at this stage MG need someone who is familiar with FWD and can successfully develop the car, and Mansell isn't that person.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 11:18 (Ref:132082)   #30
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
autosport the other week said that Matt Neal is currently in Australia preparing for next weekends VIP Petfoods Queensland 500 Ipswich Raceway V8Supercar round of the Shell Championship series.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 22:22 (Ref:132238)   #31
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
Some of the other accidents weren't particularly all his own fault. He got turned into the tyres at Brands the same bit as JP did, and he isn't inexperienced. [/B]
Not wishing to take sides I do agree with touringlegend in that Mansell never really got a fair go at touring cars except at Donnington Park and whatever happened in the other races is almost irelevent with a drive like that.
Give him a full season and then lets judge him.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 22:38 (Ref:132243)   #32
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael H
autosport the other week said that Matt Neal is currently in Australia preparing for next weekends VIP Petfoods Queensland 500 Ipswich Raceway V8Supercar round of the Shell Championship series.
Yep, he's out here in oz getting ready for the 500. After destroying his team's new car, and almost taking out the championship leader in his only other appearence, I am beginning to wonder if I should takes bets on how long until he crashes ... LOL