Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Oct 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1736453)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The only section that does open,all be it between Dec/Jan, is the Blanchimont staight. Have you looked at the Masta "kink", 175mph in a 250f must have been abit of an attention grabber!!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1736575)   #27
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graeme, they have to open the road over a period of about two to three months a year. But they are smart, nobody says they can't do it in winter time.
So usually they open the road from La Source to Stavelot, because of some local farmers and the little stretch La Source as far as the road to Ster (start-finish line). All the rest stays off limit.
The road is open, depending on the weather, from december untill the end of february.

If you are lucky and nobody sees you, you can nip through.

The rest of the old track is always open, Burnenville is the looooong righthander before Malmedy corner. Awesome corner that was, Burnenville. It used to have a dip in it and when you hit that dip your car moved from right to lefthandside of the track in 1 second flat. Wow!
The Masta Kink is still as it used to be, narrow and dangerous. One salooncar (Opel Commodore group 1B) went off there long time ago and flew, rolled, crashed (whatever) over the powerlines that are still there. Car died at the spot, driver fared a little better.

Last edited by Eddy V; 12 Oct 2006 at 20:45.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 06:10 (Ref:1736805)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddy, do you know of any fims from the last days of the old Cirquit?
Old 13 Oct 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1737236)   #29
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll ask around, there should be more than enough.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1737377)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Many thanks, Ill have alook around over here too.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1737625)   #31
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Still off-topic, but I found something:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWu7I...elated&search=

Plus see the Onboard Spa cam 1966 when you scroll down a little bit.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1737817)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Thanks ,Eddy, I should have remembered that anyway!.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1738911)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

After along conversation with my Belgian contact,the future of Spa dos,nt look too bad,Barrys spring race will not happen,but it seems that the new organizers[when appointed] will try to cram as much into the season as possible.Bearing in mind that the season will not start until mid June,it makes me wander if the greens are actually starting to lose thier argument!I for one sincerely hope so.I hear though the grapevine that a well known Hotel in Francorchamps might soon be owned by Britt,s.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1770106)   #34
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Green free !

Tank's to Oncle Bernie !

Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1770117)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I thought it would have been almost finnished by now !! I,m going to put Uncle on my Christmass card list.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1770118)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Only joking!

Last edited by terence; 20 Nov 2006 at 09:06.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1770134)   #37
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by tatounet; 20 Nov 2006 at 09:25. Reason: size
Old 20 Nov 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1770525)   #38
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
strike a light . . . glad I remembered to pick my license up last month !
Old 20 Nov 2006, 14:38 (Ref:1770666)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I like that Zef,did you notice in picture 2,how there is a big bite about to be taken from the House?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1770676)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

And did you see the size of that pecker?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 14:57 (Ref:1770679)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
why do I get the bad feeling that next year there will be big flash garages for the few and bugger all for the majority . . .or am I just being an anti F1 cynic ? ? ?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1770689)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Tut,tut!!Im sure we will all be well catered for,as long as it doe,snt rain.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1770693)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Hmm,

And did you see the size of that pecker?
Knew we could relie on someone to lower the tone,
Old 21 Nov 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1771214)   #44
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the prove that people who won everything always have their next desire: Your own ground zero................
Old 21 Nov 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1771217)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Have the planners included some where FLAT to eat your chips etc??
Old 21 Nov 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1771307)   #46
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
if they've knocked down the bar and chip stall it won't go down well with the racers !
Old 21 Nov 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1771610)   #47
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
if they've knocked down the bar and chip stall it won't go down well with the racers !
then to my knowledge the belgians will start severe rioting.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1771654)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
then to my knowledge the belgians will start severe rioting.
What, again!!
Old 21 Nov 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1771683)   #49
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Nothing like Belgian chips and Mayo. I'm sure they will build a new one!
Old 21 Nov 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1771729)   #50
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
What? New mayo?