Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Sep 2008, 01:52 (Ref:2288577)   #26
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Ha ha! James you're a genius - seems you have hit a nerve.

Funny of Skaife to call him a "never-will-be" - didn't Skaife go all out to sign Courtney a few years ago after he drove for HRT in the enduros?
Have to agree with you mac, Skaifey bites every time.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 02:21 (Ref:2288590)   #27
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And it was Alan Jones that called Skaife a "Kenny couldabeen" at Symmons in 1993.... Old Skaifey will have to come up with some new material...

Oops.. I just said the "O" word.

Sorry, "Age challenged" Skaifey.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 03:05 (Ref:2288611)   #28
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Ha ha! James you're a genius - seems you have hit a nerve.

Funny of Skaife to call him a "never-will-be" - didn't Skaife go all out to sign Courtney a few years ago after he drove for HRT in the enduros?
now (in Skaifes eyes only) he is counting his lucky stars (or lack there of them lately).
Old 13 Sep 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2288685)   #29
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courtney got Ingall all fired up again today. And not without some justification. Should be on for young and OLD tomorrow.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2288689)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it was enjoyable to watch, he did seem to be blocking, was it late enough in the race to be doing it. Rusty seemed to be forcing him to block at times though
Old 13 Sep 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2288715)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought you could only block in the last few laps... certainly from the look out of the #39 car it seemed to start well before then....

The Jeld-Wen car looked to have very little corner speed compared to the SuperCheap unit... the car sideways out of almost every single turn... which doesnt bode well for tomorrow's race I wouldnt think....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Sep 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2288753)   #32
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RRRRUSTY !!!!!! fire up son go get'em, or Morris will have the fun.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2289318)   #33
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
Yes, that's right.......just heard on 2UE news that JC has said that the holden drivers are too old...
2UE? You must be getting on in years yourself.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2289338)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Continuing on from the #7 coverage yesterday.... is this article

Mr Courtney doesnt appear to be particularly well liked... here's the funny bit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the above article - Paul Morris
"The Ford motor company has spent a lot of money getting blokes like Courtney and now they are broke.

"We will see how good they are going next year when they can't afford to pay them
Old 13 Sep 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2289347)   #35
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Continuing on from the #7 coverage yesterday.... is this article

Mr Courtney doesnt appear to be particularly well liked... here's the funny bit:

I don't really see how that is funny. I wouldn't take popularity indicators from Paul Morris, of all people, anyway.

Besides, Ford are not broke because of their driver contracts.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2289352)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It depends if you take it seriously or not.... the article has a pic of Mr Morris looking imposing in his SCAR racesuit.... its a media beatup, like all the rest of them....
Old 14 Sep 2008, 01:07 (Ref:2289377)   #37
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8
2UE? You must be getting on in years yourself.
Yes, you're right......every 24hrs I seem to be one day older.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 01:24 (Ref:2289386)   #38
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
It depends if you take it seriously or not.... the article has a pic of Mr Morris looking imposing in his SCAR racesuit.... its a media beatup, like all the rest of them....
If PM is making threats and there is contact, could there be legal action from JC for compensation? Is this an OHS issue?

Some of these drivers are a bit "precious" aren't they? Surely a simple and harmless comment should be seen in a different light without threat of retribution. Especially in a sport where we all too often see how fragile life can be. Leave JC to do his racing in the spirit of fair competition and don't take yourselves too seriously fellas......lifes too short for that.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 04:30 (Ref:2289421)   #39
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
If PM is making threats and there is contact, could there be legal action from JC for compensation? Is this an OHS issue?
Well if it is then the whole world has gone insane.

This is racing not preschool, if you wanna dish out smack you better be ready to take it back.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2289493)   #40
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
while Pauls driving at times is questionable you can't say he isn't a great personality and one that the sport needs.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2289503)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
while Pauls driving at times is questionable you can't say he isn't a great personality and one that the sport needs.
No issue with it today....

Meantime, isnt that old bloke Skaifey doing well to win the L&H 500?
Old 14 Sep 2008, 08:05 (Ref:2289511)   #42
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

He has a pretty good "co-driver" in some bloke called Tander...

Nice of Skaife to acknowledge his team mate as the benchmark driver - he was benchmark today.

Skaifey will need to be more on his game for Bathurst... although pace cars will probably keep them in it anyway. Cant help but think he'd prefer his own setup and a H pattern... but none the less, if he can give the car back to Garth for the run home, he's as good a chance as any to win at Mt Panorama...
Old 14 Sep 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2289512)   #43
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The old bloke couldn't have done too badly in his stint to keep with the leaders. If he's as 'aged' as people make out to be, he'd be at the bottom of the field, no matter what tander could pull off.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2289513)   #44
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Sure, Barry Mulholland also won Bathurst......
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:55 (Ref:2289634)   #45
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
skaife isnt he the guy who took the car from 6th and ten seconds down to 19th and nearly two laps down
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2289637)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
skaife isnt he the guy who took the car from 6th and ten seconds down to 19th and nearly two laps down
Same bloke who had the foresight to hire the best Holden driver in the field to bring it back to the lead lap and smash the 888 stranglehold ...
Old 14 Sep 2008, 11:03 (Ref:2289641)   #47
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Same bloke who had the foresight to hire the best Holden driver in the field to bring it back to the lead lap and smash the 888 stranglehold ...
Soooo ... basically too old and slow to drive the car ... but old enough and experienced enough to manage the off-track action?

I think thats what Courtney was saying ...
Old 14 Sep 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2289646)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
Soooo ... basically too old and slow to drive the car ... but old enough and experienced enough to manage the off-track action?

I think thats what Courtney was saying ...
Perhaps so, but the old bloke has a trophy for today, and the young bloke has nothing. Again.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2289658)   #49
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Hey, Courtney is overrated but Skaife was emabarrassing today. He was about 15th or 16th getting passed by everybody including part-timers in underfunded cars then ...

Fast driver goes in, rain, "safety" car, good strategy call, "safety" car, "safety" car, "safety" car and bingo - he's some kind of hero. NO!

I repeat my earlier assertion that Tander would be scared shyteless that his title bid will depend on this bloke. Luckily for him, Walkinshoddy has instructed Skaife to just let fast guys like D'Alberto and co. past without argument so that he can have a crack after the last inevitable close-up-the-field "safety" car.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 23:31 (Ref:2290423)   #50
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Paul Morris has vowed to hunt down James Courtney and smash him off the track"

I like that Morris article, he really doesn't hold back does he? I still laugh when I think of his big grin at Eastern Creek after saying he has heaps of cars to race.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.