Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 2008, 01:46 (Ref:2348581)   #26
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unhelpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
you cant say that Dazza027 we would be able to reduce the number of flaggies and that would cause no end of posts and wingeing
Unhelpful Peckster...all the electonic gizmos in the world can't help drivers once they have an off....it is the people trackside that cut them out, make the vehicle safe, control the other drivers in the race, administer medical assistance etc etc etc.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 03:41 (Ref:2348607)   #27
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8holdendude
I sent a rather heated email to Inetpics this evening and they have since removed all images. I got a reply back from them explaining why the pics were there. Below is there response.
Not sure why a heated email was needed. Not everyone can get to every race meeting, so the media is their only source of info.

This censorship crap ****s me to no end. As they said in their email, it'll take us down a slippery slope.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 03:54 (Ref:2348612)   #28
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Censorship or good taste

Havent seen the photos in question here but can tell all that following a serious bingle at PI in a round of the GT champs in recent months, a number of photos were posted on this forum including one of a driver on a stretcher being loaded into an ambulance - after a short time it was removed.

I thought it was good taste not censorship. The photos of the bingle & the aftermath remained.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2348651)   #29
v8holdendude
Rookie

v8holdendude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY
Not sure why a heated email was needed. Not everyone can get to every race meeting, so the media is their only source of info.

This censorship crap ****s me to no end. As they said in their email, it'll take us down a slippery slope.
I cant see why anyone in there right mind wants to look or take photographs of emergancy workers holding up a tarp around a serious race crash. Like the is no entertainment in looking at those images!!!!

Do you stop at road fatalitys and take pictures of the aftermath? No, unless youre a sicko.

And i dont have a problem if the images were shot as the accident happened but to take photos of blokes holding up a tarp around the accident scene is crazy and sick.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2348679)   #30
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I cant see why anyone in there right mind wants to look or take photographs of emergancy workers holding up a tarp around a serious race crash. Like the is no entertainment in looking at those images!!!!

Do you stop at road fatalitys and take pictures of the aftermath? No, unless youre a sicko.

And i dont have a problem if the images were shot as the accident happened but to take photos of blokes holding up a tarp around the accident scene is crazy and sick.
spot on,what about the sickos whom buy the photos/papers ect.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2348680)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, incidents of this nature are news. For every news editor abhorred and horrified at the thought of using a picture like that, there are others who are more than happy to flash them across the front cover (ala Diana...)

Lets not get too precious here, Mr Dumbrell and his family are well known to the motorsport community so some self policing will go on if it is required.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2348683)   #32
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=GTRMagic]Unfortunately, incidents of this nature are news. For every news editor abhorred and horrified at the thought of using a picture like that, there are others who are more than happy to flash them across the front cover (ala Diana...)

Lets not get too precious here, Mr Dumbrell and his family are well known to the motorsport community so some self policing will go on if it is required.[/quoteis the young lad OK?]
Old 6 Dec 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2348690)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Unfortunately, incidents of this nature are news. For every news editor abhorred and horrified at the thought of using a picture like that, there are others who are more than happy to flash them across the front cover (ala Diana...)

Lets not get too precious here, Mr Dumbrell and his family are well known to the motorsport community so some self policing will go on if it is required.
is the young lad OK?]
Both Mr Dumbrell Sr and Mr P.Dumbrell were at the circuit, both looking quite glum...

53 minutes old news
Old 6 Dec 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2348693)   #34
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Both Mr Dumbrell Sr and Mr P.Dumbrell were at the circuit, both looking quite glum...

53 minutes old news
thankyou.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2348702)   #35
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PC

In this politicly correct world we live in...hospitals will not release details to other then immediate family...if anyone from the inner circle reads this, there are many people interested in how the young lad is faring, so please pass some news if you can.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2348707)   #36
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think you've misunderstood me, photo's of a driver hanging out a car clinging to life arent something i want to look at (personally i can stomach them, but i don't go out and seek them).

I'm talking about pictures leading up to the crash, or the aftermath of the car itself.

On the stopping at road fatalities, 90% of people who drive past a crash rubberneck and look, its human curiosity. Those that stop and take pictures are only the ones who work in the media industry.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2348709)   #37
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

this is the latest ive read from foxsports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html

Quote:

TEENAGE Formula Ford racer Lucas Dumbrell remained in hospital on Saturday after a high-speed race crash at Oran Park which left him with spinal injuries.

Dumbrell, the younger brother of V8 Supercar driver Paul, underwent surgery on Friday night following his crash during a support race to the V8 event earlier in the day.

His racing team confirmed doctors had found damage to the 19-year-old's spinal cord, but the cord was "compromised" rather than severed which had been feared.

The long-term prognosis for the Melbourne-based driver remains unclear.

"Doctors spent several hours stabilising the injuries and gaining a better idea of the extent of the damage to Lucas' spinal cord," Dumbrell's Team Sonic said in a statement on Saturday night.

"It has been confirmed that whilst Lucas' spinal cord has been compromised, importantly it has not been severed."

Dumbrell rolled his car several times during the Formula Ford race at the western Sydney track on Friday and had to be cut from the wreckage of the open-wheeler car.

Dumbrell, who turned 19 earlier this week, is in his first season competing in the Australian Formula Ford championship.
Poor kid - fingers crossed for him
Old 6 Dec 2008, 11:29 (Ref:2348782)   #38
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Images of any car having any form of accident, together with any taken immediately afterwards BEFORE emergency workers are of inestimable value in determining the cause of an acident, contributing factors etc. The end result of an accident are not as always clear cut as people would like to imagine they are. They may show a problem with the vehicle, problem with the track, something outside the control of drivers, officials, track operators etc - and usually (not always) the DO help in future incidents both from training and designing perspectives.

Now as to whether this type of image should or should not be published will always be debated. In many cases 'legal reasons' are cited for non-publication when, in fact, there is usually no 'legal reason' whatsoever preventing publication.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 14:35 (Ref:2348892)   #39
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think you are overreacting a tad. I saw the photos and bar maybe 1 they really didnt show the driver but did however show the seriousness of the crash.

I for one definetly do not want to see pics of an injured driver however the shots in question got the message across that it was a serious accident before it was picked up in the press.

Thoughts & best wishes to Lucas & family. Hopes for a swift recovery.

Last edited by Muznik; 6 Dec 2008 at 14:38.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2349186)   #40
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We're all praying for you Lucas.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2349219)   #41
Jacal
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Jacal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucas,

Hope your recovery is both quick and complete. May we see you at a track in the near future.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 02:07 (Ref:2349310)   #42
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170
We're all praying for you Lucas.
Ditto that. I hope he can recover fully.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 06:10 (Ref:2349376)   #43
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
All the best Lucas
Old 7 Dec 2008, 06:12 (Ref:2349377)   #44
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
All the best Lucas
keep punching Lucas.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 01:01 (Ref:2349965)   #45
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a shocking accident. Eyewitness reports indicated the car flew through the air for some 50 metres before landing and cartwheeling through the run-off area.

I was standing on the exit of Suttons corner and the safety car boards were definitely out. However, the back half of the field still seemed to be racing each other as they passed me. Sure enough, as they went over the (blind) dog-leg, the front half had slowed, the back half caught up but were unsighted, and unfortunately Dumbrell ran up over the back of another car.

A truly terrible incident, and waiting while the emergency crews stabilised and extracated Lucas was a truly nerve-wracking experience.

My sincerest best wishes to Lucas and the Dumbrell family for a full recovery.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 01:27 (Ref:2349974)   #46
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the word 'compromised' still means there is a chance of a full recovery.

If collective best wishes can help in any way, rest assured Lucas, you have whole bunch of them on the way to you now.

Be strong buddy, our thoughts & prayers are with you & all the Dumbrell family
Old 8 Dec 2008, 02:26 (Ref:2349991)   #47
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get well soon!!!
Old 8 Dec 2008, 02:57 (Ref:2350003)   #48
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Get well Lucas! My thoughts and best wishes go out to the Dumbrell family in this difficult time.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 07:27 (Ref:2350063)   #49
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So much for not showing anything after channel 9 just showed the accident.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2350115)   #50
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most likely some spectator footage?