Other 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Jul 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2509297)   #26
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for Hamilton. It was good to see the reigning champion back up on top.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2509312)   #27
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive by Lewissenna but my vote goes to Glockdog.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2509383)   #28
AshMcD
Rookie

AshMcD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Close call for me between Lewis and Timo.

Yes Lewis won the race in fine style but clearly had an equipment/set up advantage and made the most if it.

However i've given my nod to Timo who may have even finished further up if not arguably held up by Kimi for several laps before his final stop?
Couldn't agree more, in my opinion often these "Driver of the whatever" goes all to easily to the race winner. Like it or not cars are the biggest part in formula one and I'd imagine that quite a few drivers would have won in that race in the McLaren.

I can't see many doing what Glock did though!

We are all entitled to our opinion mind .
Old 27 Jul 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2509398)   #29
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
However i've given my nod to Timo who may have even finished further up if not arguably held up by Kimi for several laps before his final stop?
No. He was being given a master class by Kimi from which he obviously benefited.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2509456)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
No. He was being given a master class by Kimi from which he obviously benefited.
For about the fifth time this season......

Old 27 Jul 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2509513)   #31
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Glock did brilliantly to come from where he did to run as high as he did. It wasn't just pit strategy.
Yes, Lewis was superb but Glock 's run was also meritorious and he he gets my vote.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2509565)   #32
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
voted for Hamilton for leading a super team effort with honorable mentions to Alguersuari for a promising debut on a difficult track, Raikkonen for a consistent drive and Glock for the P13 to P6 finish
Old 27 Jul 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2509566)   #33
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi - just - with Lewis a very strong second.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 07:55 (Ref:2509711)   #34
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It had to be Hammy on the day for a good matured drive. It was also a shame that Alonso's team let him down.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Jul 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2510614)   #35
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton for me. A good performance from driver and team.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2510740)   #36
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Got to give it to this bloke. Must be wonderful to have KERS at Hungaroring!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Jul 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2511142)   #37
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Hamilton for me - the McLaren isn't suddenly the best car, but he made the best use of a much improved package. I'm not sure anybody else was ever really in the race.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 29 Jul 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2511237)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am voting for Jaime Alguersuari...The team phoned him and said, "sunshine you are on" He did not put a foot wrong all weekend..
Old 30 Jul 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2511440)   #39
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep Lewis for sure. Let's see more.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2512312)   #40
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Having got my determination to vote for Kimi out of the way, and appreciated the efforts of Lewis, Mark and Timo, I have to admit that I overlooked Rosberg's effort. In some ways it was as good as any and it's really nice to see that that Williams to have regained the pace they had lost.

Call me a Luddite, nostalgic or whatever, but I would be far more sorry to see Team Willy disappear than BMW.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2514071)   #41
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Hamilton for me.

Strange how when the car is performing well, he drives well, and stops moaning and complaining like a spoilt child over the radio. A stint in backmarker cars would have done him, and the people that hear his onboard beeyotching a load of good.

Good to see him just drive the car from start to finish in that Prost like, unstoppable manner, again.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2515071)   #42
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
My vote very nearly went to Bakajima! :P
FWIW, for those who read the mispelling perplexed. "baka" is Japanese for idiot.