Old 3 Mar 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2643776)   #26
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
You haven't found this thread yet?

These tracks are all relatively safe. Assen makes more severe accidents than most of these. It isn't without danger though. Last year Hengelo had an accident where Joey Litjens broke his arm or something like that unabling him to race motorcycles or do his day job.

Other possibilities are the Irish championships (northern and republic), multiple races in the Czech republic, a few other German races, The Pinksterraces in Oss (one of the races I visit every year), the races at Scarborough, and two rounds of the New Zealand Superbike championship. No getting around it, there's more than enough options open for those who want to race on real roads with their motorcycles.
Yes there is but mostly local scensters ride those things, you won't see Rossi and Stoner power sliding out of street corners, though I have the outmost respect for those brave real men that do that kind of racing,like NW200 or Macau etc but you can't make a mistake in races like that, you can't really go 100% like you would do in PI or Qatar. That's why I still regard Giacomo Agostini and Mike Hailwood as another league, those men raced both purpose built circuits and street circuits,though never on 240hp machines.

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 3 Mar 2010 at 04:13.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2645023)   #27
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathrim View Post
This is a circuit which needs a description to show how good the driving roads are. I weaas going to post it as a pre-war monster, but I decided that this would be the best place for it.

The track starts half way down Clay Ln. From there, drivers follow the road to a 90 left at Beggarbush hill, before taking the first right twice., sending them back down the hill to the Crowmarsh Hill roundabout, taking the second exit down Potsway.

At the potsway roundabut, take the 2nd exit right to Winterbrook, then the first left at the roundabout. Thsi takes you to the first long blast past Cholsey and Moulsford to a tight, off camber hairpin at Streatley.

From there, drivers are tested with close quaters as they race over Shortlands and Blewbury Hill to the roundabout at Rowstack, taking the 3rd exit right, up milton hill, onto the A34.

When on the A34, continue until you reach the A4074. Once ont he A4074, follow the road for 6 roundabouts, before taking the first exit at the Elm Bridge roundabout in Benson. After that, Move up Oxford Road and Brook St, taking a right at Sheperd's Hut, and finishing the lap.

it's a little long, at 66.5 km/41.5 mi, but I was thinking the town-to-town themed races of the pre war era when I thought it up.

Linky

I would love something like this in England. A great, big, long street circuit. The great thing is that things like paddocks and gravel traps could be so easily installed, too, and not get in the way when the track wasn't being used (like at Le Mans - have a look on Google Earth/Maps to see what I mean)
Old 4 Mar 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2645034)   #28
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Right, *gulp* here's mine.

My first stab at using Sketchup (though I practised before coming to the final design)
What does everyone think?

Personally, I'm not sure it stands up as well compared with some of the frankly rather excellent designs already seen here on this thread. But I went along with what I decided at first;

Long straights, Hockenheim-like, longer than 10km

(facts and stuff in the first picture):

Old 4 Mar 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2645037)   #29
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see anything great there. Looks like a couple of icons. Can't imagine that's your entry. Keep up the good work though and maybe try ataching the images to a new post.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2645075)   #30
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yeah sorry about that. I had problems earlier. ...yeah...looking at your post being around 19:30, I hadn't fixed it by then.

I've (hopefully) now fixed the problem!

If not, I'll repost them tomorrow.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2645129)   #31
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much better.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2650537)   #32
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks.

Btw, anyone else have any track ideas - feel free to share 'em - I'm keen to see some more ideas - some of the ones I've seen already are fantastic.