Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:27 (Ref:647186)   #26
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Chezza's belief sums up the problem:

"the amount of adrenaline in the body can make drivers shakey and also the heat in the cockpit can have its effect on the body making the drivers feel weak. Also some drivers do need a hand to get out of their cars"

awww diddums!!!!!What complete and utter nonsense!!!!!!!!

Chezza - they are not 8 year old boys in a soap box derby (nor for that matter even fat and unfit Nigel Mansell's that collapse on the podium) they are contemporary gladiators, trained and built to fight and win.

One minute they are hurtling round with their lives and destiny totally in their hands - the next minute someone's trying to mother them like a baby!

if a marshall has such little respect for a driver's competance they deserve a shove. if you want to feel useful get the car off the track but stay well out of a driver's personal space.

(obviously if they've just had a massive shunt, its an entirely different story)

If Kimi needed a hand he'd have sat there wimpering like the precious little kitten you seem to think these guys are.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:27 (Ref:647187)   #27
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Btw, Finnish TV commentator Tomi Tuominen blamed marshal for that incident. Same happened in qualifying when Heidfeld's car stopped on the track.

I think marshal should just stand and protect driver for others and show a way out, not taking hug of driver.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:27 (Ref:647188)   #28
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Very true Adam, it was a 'heat of the moment' gesture, one that many drivers make.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:29 (Ref:647192)   #29
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi shaked everyone's hands including Ron and just as Ron turns and looks at his monitors, DC goes flying off.
Must've been a bit of a shock there...
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:31 (Ref:647198)   #30
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
sonic, I can't remember who it was or at what race, but not too many years ago a F1 driver had to be lifted from his car due to heat exhaustion. However fit these guys are, if they lose too much body fluids then they suffer, the same as if it were you or me.

No-one tried to 'mother' Kimi as you put it. Maybe you were watching a different race to me?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:57 (Ref:647227)   #31
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by sonic in reply to chezza

awww diddums!!!!!What complete and utter nonsense!!!!!!!!

I think you're just more than a wee bit off line here.

A minor incident is being blown out of proportion by 2 sides that have differing viewpoints and experience.
Can we drop it or lock it?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 14:02 (Ref:647235)   #32
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems a good idea to me BodyS. Kimi's hardly 'violent' whichever way you look at it!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 14:19 (Ref:647247)   #33
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the deal? I personally think Kimi saved the marshall a broken jaw.

After something like that, I certainly know that I'd feel like smacking seven shades of poop out of something. Frustration + Adrenaline = Trouble to anything nearby. Getting someone to back off before using the helmet to clock them one sounds like assistance to me. I'm sure the marshal if he's got any sense knows Kimi was still restraining himself somewhat.

I don't condone it, but I don't also think there's anything paticularly unforgivable about it.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 14:35 (Ref:647264)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Again, I don't see why anyone has to be at fault here. I don't see the marshal or Kimi did any thing wrong. Just one of those things. I also feel that, perhaps, that this is getting a little heated for what it is actually about.

Even if you think the marshal did wrong, does this reflect on all marshals? And was it that bad anyway. Was what Kimi did that bad?

We've had requests to close this thread and I have done this. Mainly for the reason that, if you want, a new thread can be started on this topic and, to a certain extent, we can start again.

Old 30 Jun 2003, 14:41 (Ref:647267)   #35
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was IMO an extremely minor incident. No one got hurt, so there's no need for all the fuss. Neither the marshal nor Kimi did wrong. The marshal was only trying to do his job, while Kimi - understandably disappointed - wanted to be left alone. No big deal, end of story.