Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Jan 2004, 12:37 (Ref:829367)   #26
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neilwaynesmith
Sheila, fair's fair! It's the only time we really get to see the scantily clad ladies, whereas you and other pit poppets (my own dear wife included) have all season to drool over fit young men clad in tight nomex......

And do....
Ah yes, ask her about the time the supermodel's husband had to get his kit off in the pit lane and we all shoved poor Denis Harris out of the way so we could get a better look ....
Old 6 Jan 2004, 12:43 (Ref:829371)   #27
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
I remember that, it was Brigitte Nielsen's hubby racing a Lamborghini.

I remember that as Ms Nielsen is 6'5" and I am 5'7", my eyeline was in direct contact with the other Silicon(e) Valley....
Old 6 Jan 2004, 12:57 (Ref:829386)   #28
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's the one! He had to strip down to his undies because his fire extinguisher had gone off. She wasn't best pleased to find us ogling her man in a state of semi-nudity in the middle of the pit lane! Poor Denis hadn't realised what was going on as he was standing with his back to the action and we girls (I think there was about 5 or 6 of us) shoved him out of the way for a better look!

Ah happy days ...
Old 8 Jan 2004, 23:25 (Ref:832136)   #29
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by JimW
I've never understood the attraction of the packaging. Surely its the contents which counts?

Jim
Unfortunately, with the "lovely" Autosport girls in question, the packaging has to be pretty damn good to give the impression that the contents are worth a second look...

I'm there on Saturday by the way - oik city!
Old 9 Jan 2004, 06:27 (Ref:832342)   #30
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
Let me think about it........????

Pay good money to:
try and find a seat on the train (no way I'm driving!!)
pay more money to:
be trod on by oiks with carrier-bags
view demo versions of cars I may or may not find in my local gravel trap
get charged silly money for food or worse.....
have to sit on the floor to eat my sandwiches
realise that someone is charging £100+ for shirts I have an abundance of. (and got them for free)
be trod on by oiks with carrier-bags
and then, to top it all.......

realise (as I fight my way back onto the train) that the one person I really wanted to meet was actually there all day and we never met!!!

You think I'm going to bother?????
Well the answer's now yes as I've just won 4 tickets on the radio!! So Woolley and I will be there on Sunday.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 09:39 (Ref:832436)   #31
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well the answer's now yes as I've just won 4 tickets on the radio!! So Woolley and I will be there on Sunday.
Was it the radio station that Observer works for?

Old 9 Jan 2004, 17:57 (Ref:832872)   #32
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Met four other Ten tenthers (I think). Now I put a face to diz!

Jim
Old 9 Jan 2004, 22:07 (Ref:833070)   #33
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KayBee
Was it the radio station that Observer works for?

Don't know as I've no idea what station Observer works for!

( it was Heart FM)
Old 10 Jan 2004, 20:36 (Ref:833771)   #34
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't know as I've no idea what station Observer works for!

( it was Heart FM)
I think that it is based somewhere in or near Stoke.

Just a thought who used the second pair of tickets: Mesdames CrazyStu and Woolley or Masters Harry Hill and Barney Woolley?

Old 10 Jan 2004, 21:11 (Ref:833793)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got back a couple of hours ago. I have had a good day today, saw one or two 10/10ths about. Personally I thought that the show was a lot better than last year. I also thought that there was a lot more people there.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 10:36 (Ref:834154)   #36
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was looking out for you rd. But,as you say, rather a lot of people there!

I spent most of my time minding camera bags ("key grip" I guess!) while two mates were encouraging lycra-clad beauties to crawl all over cars and pout for the camera... Emma at the Custom Car stand was particularly co-operative...
Old 11 Jan 2004, 10:56 (Ref:834163)   #37
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anybody watch the Coys auction, in particular did the Rob West Laguna sell and for how much ?
Old 11 Jan 2004, 20:20 (Ref:834600)   #38
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back from there myself.
And marked my 10th aneversary there too.

10 damn years I have been going to Autosports now.

I thought the live action was **** this year.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 20:46 (Ref:834636)   #39
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
i agree...the live action arena was ****....should have joined me on the jaguar f1 in schools stand and done some drag racin with me.....i may have even given you my car so you may have won lol...met loads of marshals...good to see mike petch's fiesta.....dont think itll stay orange for long tho if hes gonna race it!
Old 11 Jan 2004, 21:20 (Ref:834671)   #40
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having been the grateful recipient of Stu's spare tickets (thanks, pal) it's confirmed what I always expected. A pleasant day out, but pay £21? No way. I really don't get wildly excited getting close to racing cars, because we do that all season (although they're not ususally so pristine), same goes for racing drivers.

Nice to see the folks on the BMMC stand (don't worry Stpephen, the photo's not very incriminating) and to see what it's all about, but I doubt I'd go again unless other freebies arrive or I'm marshalling something or on a stand.

And as for the discussion of the totty... Same principle as the supermarkets. Wrap up shoddy goods in nice packaging and everyone will look, but to be honest, you see better in the crowd at the average hill climb!
Old 11 Jan 2004, 21:22 (Ref:834672)   #41
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who won the George Polley v Barry Lee race? Or didnt it happen?
Old 12 Jan 2004, 07:51 (Ref:835044)   #42
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the Sunday seemed less busy than last year. Talking of scantily clad women/girls I got to take one of these home with me last night..bet you can't guess which one
Attached Thumbnails
red2.jpg  
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:29 (Ref:835296)   #43
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Wooley! I didn't realise it was you with Stu...sorry mate.

We (the BMMC guys and gals) had the KUMO Tyres girls opposite for two days, just managed to get my eyes back in their sockets
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:39 (Ref:835303)   #44
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Paul, did you get her name? Only my mate Tony was bold enough to take 3 rolls of film of her but forgot to ask!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 13:04 (Ref:835327)   #45
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I did I wouldnt tell anybody cos I'm rather fond of redheads myself
I thought I'd trained my daughter to always open with "can I have your phone number" but obviously she forgot

Seriously though I wouldn't mind knowing myself
Old 12 Jan 2004, 13:59 (Ref:835386)   #46
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
barry lee didnt race i dont think.....on the f1 in schools stand i was working on we had a few celebrity couples though.... rowan atkinson raced his son....of course his son won....he had my car lol....his dad didnt stand a chance!....we also had a few drag racers and bike racers....louise goodman and james allen raced on thursday too....and i got myself on tv again.....when i find out when its on ill tell you so you can change the channel...:lol:
Old 12 Jan 2004, 16:28 (Ref:835571)   #47
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry Lee and George Polley did race in the live action arena on Saturday night and the won a race a piece. Not sure if that was "true" result or if the result was sorted before they started but it was great racing from them and all the other oval racing guys that took part.
As for the rest of the show I did enjoy most of it, missed Jenson as I was queing to get in and I wasn't impressed by every other stand having "PR girls" on them but I guess they are always going to be there. On the whole I enjoyed it and will make a return visit next year.

Last edited by Claire; 12 Jan 2004 at 16:29.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 20:16 (Ref:835853)   #48
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Wooley! I didn't realise it was you with Stu...sorry mate.

We (the BMMC guys and gals) had the KUMO Tyres girls opposite for two days, just managed to get my eyes back in their sockets
No probs, Steve, you must have spoken to so many of us. And you're right about the view. This picture was taken while talking to Steve, and shows clearly what he had to suffer all week-end. With all those marshals, didn't you have a scrutineer? I'm sure the blonde would have failed the test for illegal bodywork modifications!
Attached Thumbnails
kumho.jpg  
Old 12 Jan 2004, 21:11 (Ref:835888)   #49
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oh lord, I'm dribbling again
Old 13 Jan 2004, 06:32 (Ref:836244)   #50
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have put some photos up on the web at www.freewebs.com/srpphotography if anyone is interested