Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 21 Sep 2004, 21:15 (Ref:1103313)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bobby and Danica were quite open about it, as far as I know...
Old 21 Sep 2004, 21:15 (Ref:1103314)   #27
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Please explain the "Shift-Cut"

I'm not familiar with that term....

I did anticipate some brake issues...they would go away quickly if not vented and cooled properly...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Sep 2004, 21:17 (Ref:1103317)   #28
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wonder how "nice" it must be to be Bobby Rahal.....

Divorcee with a big bankroll....

Danica.....

Must be a tough life....

Old 21 Sep 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1103357)   #29
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A "shift-cut" is where the engine is electronically shut off momentarily when the driver changes gears allowing a smoother gear change and less damage to the gearstack. Think of it as a way to electronically synchronize the gearbox. Remember when you had to "double clutch" a gearbox that wasn't synchronized to allow the gearspeed to match the engine rpms? Same thing although it's done electronically. I don't know how old you are so you may not have had non-synchronized gearboxes in your past.
Old 22 Sep 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1103843)   #30
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Owner
A "shift-cut" is where the engine is electronically shut off momentarily when the driver changes gears allowing a smoother gear change and less damage to the gearstack. Think of it as a way to electronically synchronize the gearbox. Remember when you had to "double clutch" a gearbox that wasn't synchronized to allow the gearspeed to match the engine rpms? Same thing although it's done electronically. I don't know how old you are so you may not have had non-synchronized gearboxes in your past.
I was aware of the electronic components that do this, and although I am 45 years old, I have driven an old non-synchronized transmission that required the "double-clutch"...

I was not aware that "shift-cut" was the term used for that electronic function....

Thanks, Team Owner....I appreciate it...

Old 30 Sep 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1111500)   #31
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Do we think IndyCar will be in the 1min 05sec range?
Dario did the best lap of 71 seconds and was only about 5 seconds slower tham Champcar times.

Last edited by luke; 30 Sep 2004 at 17:34.