Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Feb 2005, 02:39 (Ref:1219108)   #26
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that don't know how a tyre company could favour one team when there is a control tyre rule-it's simply a matter of building the tyre that the particular team wants...and everyone else has to use it.

And of course i'm not saying this could be done only by ferrari,but they are the most likely based on past circumstances and their obvious potential to boost road car tyre sales
Old 7 Feb 2005, 06:01 (Ref:1219162)   #27
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That may be over simplifying matters.

Simply, while there is little doubt that Ferrari may easily promote Bridgestones with their victories, i don't think Bridgestones would be too keen to offend the likes of Honda and Toyota, etc..the mass manufacturers. Afterall, they could secure huge orders to supply originally-equipped tyres to manufacturers products ie Toyota's millions rather than just the handful of thousands that Ferrari produce. And hence, the power of the mass manufacturers to pressure Bridgestone to produce the goods is just as huge as Ferrari's.

On the otherhand, what may happen is that the sole tyre manufacturers, even with strict regulations from FIA, need to do sufficient testings with the compounds before producing it for everybody, and there's no doubt that a couple of larger teams would get the "benefit" of running the trials before the rest. And through providing greater feedback, it's not impossible that the tyres would fit them just a bit better.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 01:25 (Ref:1222600)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe
The Ferrari FIA meeting was farcical, sorry, I know some people think the output was good, personally I feel it was more about what Ferrari could get out of it while conceeding a few points to make it look good. The big issues were left untouched, Tyres etc. I mean they even discussed the sponsors visability on the cars, shows the priority!
Had you bothered to read all the documents, you would have found that was put forward for discussion by Williams (most of the items discussed were put forward by teams that did'nt show up).

Fwiw, it was actually a good point by Williams. They noted that advertising 'hits' were only recorded when the entire banner was seen, and small winglets etc were depriving the teams of revenue.

I love this game of "I have half the story, but think I have it all".

More please
Old 11 Feb 2005, 03:27 (Ref:1222638)   #29
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The mainstream F1 media has teh same problem as any mainstream press. It doesn't serve their interests to rock the boat too much.