Old 21 Dec 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1796779)   #26
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Torro Rosso would be expected to score points while RBR will be expected to score podiums and wins by both Coultard and Webber.
Is this by the fanbase, or those with their heads buried deep in F1? I'd beg to differ on the latter, i dont think anyones really expecting the first year where everything's put together to bear such fruit.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1797164)   #27
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the RB3 is good in low downforce configuration, their best chance will be with Webber at Monaco - he always flies there.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1797252)   #28
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
If the RB3 is good in low downforce configuration, their best chance will be with Webber at Monaco - he always flies there.
I always thought that Monaco was a high-downforce circuit; in fact along with Hungary I thought that it was the highest.

Anyway I would expect RBR to be fighting Williams, Honda and BMW for fourth place in the constructors championship. In doing so they will probably pick up several podiums
Old 22 Dec 2006, 00:53 (Ref:1797268)   #29
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Is this by the fanbase, or those with their heads buried deep in F1? I'd beg to differ on the latter, i dont think anyones really expecting the first year where everything's put together to bear such fruit.
When I last saw my mates on my last day of school for this year, I asked them how Torro Rosso and RBR would perform next year and I got the same answer. RBF (Torro Rosso) to score points and RBR to score podiums and wins.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 01:21 (Ref:1797288)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
When I last saw my mates on my last day of school for this year, I asked them how Torro Rosso and RBR would perform next year and I got the same answer. RBF (Torro Rosso) to score points and RBR to score podiums and wins.
Have your "mates" not heard of Ferrari,Renault,Mclaren,Honda,etc.

Newey is good,but his last car failed to win a race,and it wasn't through lack of development.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 02:40 (Ref:1797308)   #31
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Have your "mates" not heard of Ferrari,Renault,Mclaren,Honda,etc.

Newey is good,but his last car failed to win a race,and it wasn't through lack of development.
In all fairness, I dont think we cant blame newey for the Mp21. His involvement in the car has probably stop before the end of the 2005 season. I am sure mclaren must have invested heavily on the aero development throughout 2006 but their approach if probably different from what Newey would do with his pencil and paper.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 03:21 (Ref:1797317)   #32
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have the wind tunnel calibration issued been sorted? Weren't they suggesting it was going to be ok for this year and then still had problems. Then RBR start saying they are focusing on the '07 cars. If the tunnel figures don't match what is realized at the track it matters little how good the aero team is...

Seems the wind tunnels are a black art in themselves... more so than the cars!
Old 22 Dec 2006, 03:39 (Ref:1797318)   #33
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft
Have the wind tunnel calibration issued been sorted? Weren't they suggesting it was going to be ok for this year and then still had problems. Then RBR start saying they are focusing on the '07 cars. If the tunnel figures don't match what is realized at the track it matters little how good the aero team is...

Seems the wind tunnels are a black art in themselves... more so than the cars!
I thought Williams was the only having the wind tunnel calibration problem? As far as I know, RB2 biggest problem is because there was a design flaw cause by some miscommunication on ferrari engine cooling requirements.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 03:50 (Ref:1797323)   #34
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback
As far as I know, RB2 biggest problem is because there was a design flaw cause by some miscommunication on ferrari engine cooling requirements.
Yes, they misinterpreted the data on the Ferrari heat rejection characteristics
Old 22 Dec 2006, 03:53 (Ref:1797325)   #35
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
That sounds more like something they want to happen, then what they predict will happen.

Of course it could always happen. The last few years theres always been one driver thats gotten a surprise win - Button this year, Schumacher last year, Trulli and Montoya in 2004, Fisi in 2003. You cant count on something like that to continue however.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 03:56 (Ref:1797327)   #36
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbine
I always thought that Monaco was a high-downforce circuit; in fact along with Hungary I thought that it was the highest.
That's what I meant - I am getting old!
Old 23 Dec 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1798172)   #37
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think realisticly podium's and a posible win for RBR, STR some points in lucky circumstances.
Old 25 Dec 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1798963)   #38
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i dont think they will be able to notch up a win, podium is likely. Maybe in a cuple of years they might be winning.
Old 25 Dec 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1799106)   #39
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this was fantasy formula one and you had to choose your team then as far as a designer and engine is concerned red bull have got it. I think they will be stronger than the last couple of seasons but as we all know races are won by very smart quick thinking not only by the drivers but also by the guys on the pit wall......I don't know if red bull have got that area covered. If the car is top class then i can see DC going for wins.
PS Is the renault engine the red bull team are getting the full spec engine
Old 27 Dec 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1799659)   #40
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. Otherwise Renault are a ) breaking homologation requirements and b ) breaking contract and Red Bull will be happy to press for the $20 m in damages for supply of poorly specced units.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1801174)   #41
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have a few good circumstances, but the whole thing has to gel, and the driver line-up isn't as strong as the top teams. They won't catch Honda or BMW, except for the odd good race. Monaco might suit Webber, but it won't suit a team with aero and engine advantages.