Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 15 Dec 2008, 22:34 (Ref:2355561)   #501
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
do i smell a mock up?

Oh I think Andy has a few mock up's up his sleeve..
Old 15 Dec 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2355590)   #502
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's got to be Ford Blue.
Old 15 Dec 2008, 23:21 (Ref:2355592)   #503
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Oh I think Andy has a few mock up's up his sleeve..
mock ups and the real deal
Old 15 Dec 2008, 23:57 (Ref:2355611)   #504
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oooooo Andy you are a tease
One other thing Andy, u doing the ITV grid graphics in 09? Hope so!
Simon
Old 16 Dec 2008, 05:09 (Ref:2355724)   #505
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
u doing the ITV grid graphics in 09? Hope so!
me too!

btw - anyone who has the DVDreview - are they on there?
Old 16 Dec 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2356094)   #506
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guest appearances from Andy Priaulx?

Quote:
“It's pretty much set for World Touring Cars,” the 35-year-old said of his 2009 plans, “with maybe the occasional guest appearance somewhere else. We'll have to see what BMW want to do.

“Absolutely [he would consider a future in the BTCC]; it's a good championship, but at the moment we're fully committed to World Touring Cars and trying to focus on that. Hopefully we can do a few guest races in British Touring Cars and ALMS – you never know. We're just keeping our options open, and working hard.”
Old 16 Dec 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2356353)   #507
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That sounds like the kind of thing people say off-the-cuff in front of an interview, but never follow through on. Assuming the private BMWs do as well in the BTCC as they did in 2008, and Andy has a serious chance of the title by mid-season, what would the team have to gain from it? Putting full factory support behind one of the three existing teams would surely make more sense for BMW?
Old 16 Dec 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2356360)   #508
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree I can't see him doing any guest drives unless BMW are involved as a manufacturer.

Platos comments were interesting recently saying he had come close to a drive with VX in 07/08 but kept with Seat, Suggestions indicate Neal may go back to Dynamics to form a dream team with Thommo to open the door for Plato. I can't really see Thompson falling for that one as he will want number 1 status as he deserves if going to Dynamics.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2356565)   #509
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Suggestions indicate Neal may go back to Dynamics to form a dream team with Thommo to open the door for Plato.
If Neal knows that he is keeping Plato out of a seat, do you really think he will hand that seat to Plato in a front-running team? When did Neal last 'open the door' for Plato rather than slamming it shut in his face?!
Old 17 Dec 2008, 08:19 (Ref:2356602)   #510
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still can't see this Neal / Thommo combination at Dynamics, that would mean no paying drivers, I assumed when Neal jumped ship to VXR half the reason was to let another pay driver in there.

Unless the sponsors have seen this doesn't work (Chilton & Shedden) and are getting their chequebooks out as we speak, but I can't see it.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2357069)   #511
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
If Neal knows that he is keeping Plato out of a seat, do you really think he will hand that seat to Plato in a front-running team? When did Neal last 'open the door' for Plato rather than slamming it shut in his face?!
I don't think Matt Neal looks at it that way! Matt would love to be back at Dynamics but is contracted to Vauxhall!

To say that Matt is staying at Vauxhall just to keep Plato out is wide of the mark!
Old 17 Dec 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2357086)   #512
Icebaby
Veteran

Situation at Dynamics is interesting as they have all but said Thompson has a drive their if he wants it which means paying him so the team must be in a better financial situation than last year.

I don't think they had any major damage either from 08 so this also might be a factor.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2357127)   #513
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think crmalcolm has a point, Neal wouldnt stay with VX if it was bad for him, but for sure its an extra incentive/bonus if it keeps Plato out.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 08:24 (Ref:2357460)   #514
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport reports today that Plato has been for 'a cup of tea' with Dick Bennetts to talk about a few things.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2357507)   #515
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Invader
Autosport reports today that Plato has been for 'a cup of tea' with Dick Bennetts to talk about a few things.
And Dick is who?
Old 18 Dec 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2357509)   #516
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
WSR
Old 18 Dec 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2357533)   #517
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Invader

Thought he was more of a coffee man.

Anyways hopefully their cup of tea and biscuit will lead to a deal.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2357563)   #518
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato + Turkington would be a very, very strong pair for the teamstitle. But where would the money come from? Offcourse Plato is a strong negotiating-point when you're talking to a potential sponsor, but in these days...
Old 18 Dec 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2357650)   #519
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
Plato + Turkington would be a very, very strong pair for the teamstitle. But where would the money come from? Offcourse Plato is a strong negotiating-point when you're talking to a potential sponsor, but in these days...
Maybe 3 cars with the third being very well backed
Old 18 Dec 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2357681)   #520
Icebaby
Veteran

Only chance at WSR is if BMW throw in some cash unless the RAC sponsership can cover his wages.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2357715)   #521
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Plato does have a number of personal sponsors though
Old 18 Dec 2008, 23:03 (Ref:2357972)   #522
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can imagine RAC to pay a bit more than last year when they can have their name on the cars of both Turkington and Plato, especially if not áll the extra money must come from them.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 23:27 (Ref:2357980)   #523
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Here's a thought, Norwich Union (insurance company in the UK) is to be renamed Aviva next year. Aviva is the company that owns Norwich Union and RAC companies.

We've seen the WSR cars before in Macau in the Aviva livery so perhaps they might decide to promote the change in company name next year?
Old 19 Dec 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2358098)   #524
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't underestimate Plato's potential to bring money for a drive. He's pretty well connected and probably the most marketable, visible and well recognized of all BTCC drivers. It would be great to see him in a BMW and I think he'd work well with the easygoing attitude of 'The Turk'.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2358201)   #525
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Has Plato experience with RWD cars?
Closed Thread

Tags
2009, btcc, entries