Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jun 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3258546)   #626
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marbot, Pirelli evangelist...

Guess I found out your job at Pirelli !
Old 6 Jun 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3258560)   #627
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A penalty for Mercedes for "testing" for me is plain ridiculous.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3258561)   #628
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This may be result in an uber serious penalty because of the enormous influence three have had on the outcome of this year's races. If we look at when a team was DQed from the championship in the past it was always over something mega serious that had been undertaken deliberately.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would prefer MB, the team, was returned to private ownership.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3258570)   #629
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would prefer MB, the team, was returned to private ownership.
Brawn Mk II. After the last time that happened, other teams might not be too keen on a repeat!
Old 6 Jun 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3258573)   #630
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Mercedes should be heavily fined with the money given to Pirelli. Maybe a cash infusion will help them figure out how to make decent tyres.

Then Pirelli should be fined as a co-conspirator with those fines dispersed to Marbot so he can continue in his roles as Official Tenths Pirelli Apologist...er I mean evangelist.

In all seriousness, I expect a fine which of course means nothing but gives the impression of punishment and possibly a back of the grid start. It's hard to say what they deserve although at least one disqualification seems appropriate...

...as well as banning Lewis' dog Rosco from all GP's.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3258585)   #631
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Throw Pirelli out of the championship.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3258637)   #632
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
A replacement better be found before that happens.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3258645)   #633
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel adds his opinion to the mess: http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/109818.html
Old 6 Jun 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3258658)   #634
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post
Vettel adds his opinion to the mess: http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/109818.html
More on this from Autosport.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107894
Old 6 Jun 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3258682)   #635
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Marbot, Pirelli evangelist...

Old 6 Jun 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3258684)   #636
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Was it not raining on the Monday & Tuesday, causing the test to be dealyed until Wednesday. So much has been written, but I seem to remember this from somewhere.

OK - get your bets in now for the penalty against Mercedes:
* Just a slap on the wrist
* Small fine
* Massive Fine
* Grid Penalties
* Disqualification from Monaco results
* Thrown out of this years Constructors Championship
* Thrown out of WDC and WCC
* Public Flogging

Perhaps a combination of two or more of the above?
I think you forgot burning them at the stake..
Old 6 Jun 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3258691)   #637
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think you forgot burning them at the stake..
On a pile of Pirelli tyres.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3258731)   #638
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would suggest Mercedes be banned from testing until 2015.

Pirelli are trying to make tyres that they have been requested to make by FOM and the teams to spice up the action, sometimes it just works too well.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3258749)   #639
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting tweet I just saw

Anthony Rowlinson @Rowlinson_F1R Hearing there has been a significant development in 'Pirelli-gate'. Expect this one to blow up tomorrow if not sooner...
Old 7 Jun 2013, 00:43 (Ref:3258774)   #640
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
That's me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
A penalty for Mercedes for "testing" for me is plain ridiculous.
Rules is rules. The thing to do is to try and get an agreement from all of the teams that enables in-season testing. And good luck with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
I think Mercedes should be heavily fined with the money given to Pirelli. Maybe a cash infusion will help them figure out how to make decent tyres.

Then Pirelli should be fined as a co-conspirator with those fines dispersed to Marbot so he can continue in his roles as Official Tenths Pirelli Apologist...er I mean evangelist.

In all seriousness, I expect a fine which of course means nothing but gives the impression of punishment and possibly a back of the grid start. It's hard to say what they deserve although at least one disqualification seems appropriate...

...as well as banning Lewis' dog Rosco from all GP's.
Yes! Give me the money!

A fine to Mercedes would be like fining a professional soccer player for parking on a double yellow line. A $100 million fine for McLaren didn't exactly see them fall to the back of the grid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I sense that we, err, I mean Pirelli, are holding all of the cards with regard to next seasons tyre supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post
Interesting tweet I just saw

Anthony Rowlinson @Rowlinson_F1R Hearing there has been a significant development in 'Pirelli-gate'. Expect this one to blow up tomorrow if not sooner...
Yes, I can't see 'Tyregate' being sorted out over the weekend.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3258953)   #641
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
A fine to Mercedes would be like fining a professional soccer player for parking on a double yellow line. A $100 million fine for McLaren didn't exactly see them fall to the back of the grid.
I can't see it being an exorbitant fine for this reason... and also for the fact that it would cause the type of consternation with MB shareholders that would place a question over MB's future involvement in F1.

It'll be some kind of points forfeiture or disqualification.

You have to wonder why MB would have gone and done something so stupid in the first place. I wonder was Ross Brawn himself privy to this decision.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3258962)   #642
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I can't see it being an exorbitant fine for this reason... and also for the fact that it would cause the type of consternation with MB shareholders that would place a question over MB's future involvement in F1.
MB can't be happy about this, but they may also have given the OK for the test to go ahead.

Quote:
It'll be some kind of points forfeiture or disqualification.
I can't see any sort of punishment that makes their partication in the 2013 world chamionships a waste of time. No point handing them a reason to focus all of their resources onto the 2014 car.

Quote:
You have to wonder why MB would have gone and done something so stupid in the first place. I wonder was Ross Brawn himself privy to this decision.
There are now some very 'aggressive' members in that squad. People who aren't afraid to push things as far as they can.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3258967)   #643
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
I can't see any sort of punishment that makes their partication in the 2013 world chamionships a waste of time. No point handing them a reason to focus all of their resources onto the 2014 car.
A championship's a championship and having to trapse all around the world (to comply with their obligations and entrants) with complete futility seems pretty harsh... not to mention the corporate embarrassment on (literally) global level.

Whatever happens I feel we need to expect a very severe punishment.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3258968)   #644
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
There are now some very 'aggressive' members in that squad. People who aren't afraid to push things as far as they can.
Yes, fair point. It's just that I can't see Ross Brawn giving a thumbs up to something so stupid. He's generally been a man of integrity too.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3258998)   #645
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A $100 million fine for McLaren didn't exactly see them fall to the back of the grid.
And there were tax benefits for McLaren as well.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3258999)   #646
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
And there were tax benefits for McLaren as well.
Well, not quite. They managed to offset the fine against tax (after quite a bit of arguing with HMRC) which lessened the fine in real terms... but the imposition of the fine didn't create any tax benefits for them.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3259076)   #647
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pirelli's Paul Hembery pulls out of F1 press call on legal advice
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107914

Old 7 Jun 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3259097)   #648
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I am starting to change my tune on this tyre business ..
Pirelli are in a no win situation it seems ...

Damned if they do and damned if they don't ..
Old 7 Jun 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3259114)   #649
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, fair point. It's just that I can't see Ross Brawn giving a thumbs up to something so stupid. He's generally been a man of integrity too.
He was at Ferrari for many years
Old 7 Jun 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3259159)   #650
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am starting to change my tune on this tyre business ..
Pirelli are in a no win situation it seems ...

Damned if they do and damned if they don't ..
Yes, but they also have the option of taking their ball home.