Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2015, 03:40 (Ref:3515285)   #651
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Stevens & Mr Merhi stuck around for the driver's photo & took part in the driver parade lap around the circuit in open top cars
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Mar 2015, 08:34 (Ref:3515361)   #652
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully the Manor Marussians can pack up their kit, get it stowed in their air freight containers, and unload in Malaysia full of beans, with the engine talking to the gearbox, talking to the data system, talking to the driver ready to go racing....

#RefuelManorMarussiaF1
Old 15 Mar 2015, 08:56 (Ref:3515373)   #653
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
No Penalty For Manor Marussia

#RefuelManorMarussiaF1
Old 15 Mar 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3515388)   #654
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Is it true they can miss 3 GPs as long as they turn up? Whats this 3 race miss ruling?

Team can miss 3 races per contract, not per season as we thought last year. Given that Marussia missed US, Brazil and Abu Dhabi last year they had to show up in Oz
Old 15 Mar 2015, 10:23 (Ref:3515405)   #655
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, thanks, show up, but not race. How many times can they do that??
Old 15 Mar 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3515419)   #656
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea. I'd guess the stewards or Bernie would have warned them not pull the same stunt in Malaysia
Old 15 Mar 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3515435)   #657
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i think that they will struggle to get things sorted in just over a week but i am sure they will try their best
Old 15 Mar 2015, 12:12 (Ref:3515438)   #658
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i think that they will struggle to get things sorted in just over a week but i am sure they will try their best
I would be very surprised if they race. I feel sorry for the team grunts who have put so much effort in for it all to be for nought so far. Working their bum off in Malaysia will be no picnic, the climate is terrible if you are not used to it.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3515520)   #659
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Roberto Merhi is hoping to keep his Manor race seat for Malaysia.

Roberto Merhi heats the Giedo van der Garde's seat Manor. Things usually knowledgeable people claim it.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3515792)   #660
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An insight into the financial plights of Marussia's old suppliers is given in this article: http://www.pitpass.com/53475/Manor-c...p-in-the-Pound
Old 16 Mar 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3515801)   #661
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
After those sort of losses non of those people are likely to go anywhere near the new team and everyone else will demand cash up front rather than take a risk providing anything on credit
Old 16 Mar 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3515820)   #662
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
As I said before, more Suppliers will hit the wall because of this, but why oh why give the old Team so much credit.
And if thats not trading while insolvent, what is?
Old 16 Mar 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3515850)   #663
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So much for Mr Ecclestone appearing to support the minnows: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...ralia/?v=2&s=1
Old 16 Mar 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3515854)   #664
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
another odd book end to an odd weekend.

that the FIA can take the position that Manor do not deserve a penalty because they made a legitimate effort to race while the promoter says they had no intention of racing is just odd to me.

just another example of the differences between sporting and commercial interests and how the two seldom ever meet in the world of F1.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3515857)   #665
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Eccelstone with his thick headed miser-lunatic persona. It'll be great celebration when that man departs.

If he was interested in anything other than pathologically squeezing the life blood out of this sport, the Manor against-the-odds resurrection story could be spun into a great 'feel good' epic that could make for very profitable publicity windfall after all the adverse publicity.

Scrooge 2.0 isn't interested in any of that of course.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3515878)   #666
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
If he was interested in anything other than pathologically squeezing the life blood out of this sport, the Manor against-the-odds resurrection story could be spun into a great 'feel good' epic that could make for very profitable publicity windfall after all the adverse publicity.
my thoughts exactly.

would love to know if he knew the facts before he was asked what he thought by a reporter. i see he's been putting out bile via his sock puppet sylt again as well.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3515886)   #667
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
So much for Mr Ecclestone appearing to support the minnows: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...ralia/?v=2&s=1
Would a team in Manor's situation really be prepared to go all the way out to Australia, to deliberately not compete? "It was impossible. So they had no intention". The only who seems to think so is Bernie, which is quite telling in itself.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 16:40 (Ref:3515889)   #668
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Would a team in Manor's situation really be prepared to go all the way out to Australia, to deliberately not compete? "It was impossible. So they had no intention". The only who seems to think so is Bernie, which is quite telling in itself.
Well as already stated before, the free transport went to Australia and then travels to malaysia, so if manor had not gone to Australia then they would not have made it Malaysia. I am sure manor knew exactly what they were doing
Old 16 Mar 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3515901)   #669
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well as already stated before, the free transport went to Australia and then travels to malaysia, so if manor had not gone to Australia then they would not have made it Malaysia. I am sure manor knew exactly what they were doing
And from Malaysia to China, and then on to Bahrain.

I think that this story revolves around money. Firstly, we know that trying to get money out of B.C.E. is akin to removing blood from a stone. My best guess is that he is, as I write, trying to find reasons that would preclude Manor Marussia from receiving their "prize" money for their efforts in 2014.

Add to that that Manor are attempting to carry on whilst they probably have less than half the budget required to get them on the grid. Then you have Ferrari who are probably capable of coming to their rescue in more than one way. But let's just look at the lack of software that Manor are facing, but which Ferrari has access to. It would seem as though Ferrari have agreed to a price of $1 million per race, paid prior to each race, to supply Manor with 2014 PSUs. But in the process Ferrari will, providing that the CVA is complied with fully, will only receive £192,000 odd from the £15.2 million that they are owed.

In public and on camera, Manor and Ferrari may be all smiles and "we are co-operating", but might it not be that Ferrari are playing hard-ball behind the scenes demanding extra payments to release the software and to provide hands-on assistance to the beleaguered team. Ferrari are in business afterall, and I am sure that they are looking at all possible avenues to mitigate their losses.

As far as Sylt's reporting, he may have unfettered access (for some reason) to B.C.E., but the information that he imparted is available to the public. And, although we only tend to see his reporting on matters concerning F1, he is a genuine business investigative reporter who also provides coverage to subjects outside of motor racing.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3515911)   #670
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the payment to creditors under the CVA not an interim payment? I thought the purpose of a CVA was to give the company concerned a chance to resume business with the intent of becoming solvent again and so paying its creditors?

I realise it can and will have a disastrous impact on some of the smaller firms and they will not get credit for anything easily but where there is life, is there hope?
Old 16 Mar 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3515913)   #671
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As Mike says if you were Ferrari and you had already lost such a large sum to these people would you hand over anything unless you got paid first
Old 16 Mar 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3515916)   #672
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Is the payment to creditors under the CVA not an interim payment? I thought the purpose of a CVA was to give the company concerned a chance to resume business with the intent of becoming solvent again and so paying its creditors?

I realise it can and will have a disastrous impact on some of the smaller firms and they will not get credit for anything easily but where there is life, is there hope?
I believe that the amount to be paid overall is usually set out at the creditors' meeting, although the payments of that amount may well be staggered over some time. It looks as though the "team" have been bought for £500,000 plus the amount that was raised from the auction and the sale of the property.

This may be why B.C.E is not a happy bunny about Manor. Yes, they have achieved a lot, we think, in just turning up in Melbourne. However, whilst their creditors will lose up to 99% of the money that they are owed, the new "owners" will get a FOM bonus of millions after they have put no effort in. It does seem somewhat unjust.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3515922)   #673
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trouble is that many people get excited when getting orders from F1 and ignore credit checks they would do on any other customer ...
Old 16 Mar 2015, 18:27 (Ref:3515929)   #674
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Eccelstone cynically thinks he's being cheated. He suspects Manor is cynically arriving at these races, leaning against the bits and bobs at each race and then when they finally reach the payment threshold and get their cash, they'll promptly fold.

Kind of what people criticised Caterham for. Only instead of "crowding funding", it involves prize money rather than cash from subscribers. I think that's the suspicion in Scrooge's reptilian machiavellian mind.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3515942)   #675
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well let us hope that the new owners are not as clinical as that, however so far they are not giving any of us much convidence