Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Dec 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1795165)   #51
moses
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
moses should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like aussiemonza hit the nail on the head.

here's the link.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html
Old 19 Dec 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1795182)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is reported on the front cover of MN today.... DJR + Jim Beam

Whispers from the powder room suggest that while this is a 'saviour' deal, it is not (nowhere near?) at the $6.75m per annum level identified by the TEGA spending proposals....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1795208)   #53
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good. That means less money for the cricket.

Nice to know Jim Beam read my posts!
Old 19 Dec 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1795222)   #54
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is this a saving gesture from FPR to DJR as the Jim Beam signage was supposed to appear on the FPR cars in 07.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1795228)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
So is this a saving gesture from FPR to DJR as the Jim Beam signage was supposed to appear on the FPR cars in 07.
The powder room was led to believe that Jim Beam had probably 15 proposals from various motor sport teams in the main series and development series alike. The proposals went from full car signage (DJR & some development series cars) to part signage (like FPR)

It seems the decision made last Friday was to support the DJR equipe at full car signage.

But there were a number of other options that looked far prettier in car design than the one on the cover of MN....

Presuming any of this actually happened
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1795251)   #56
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
we have people passing out in March at adelaide
And not just drivers either. The Saturday at Clipsal this year was an absolute stinker. By the time I got home to Melbourne that night I felt like I'd walked 100 miles thru the desert.

A summer series would confine me to the tv.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1795329)   #57
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just return from and the shops and in the latest issue of auto action they had the djr-jin beam livery,it looks great, i have said to my brother once perkins announced that they had JD as their major sponsor that so or later jim beam will do the same thing.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1795331)   #58
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone scan in the pic of the proposed JB livery?
Old 20 Dec 2006, 01:43 (Ref:1795335)   #59
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now all we will be seeing at race meeting will be Jack Daniels and Jim Beam T-shirts everywhere.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 01:49 (Ref:1795339)   #60
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes i would like to see the proposed DJR/jim beam livery
Old 20 Dec 2006, 02:37 (Ref:1795349)   #61
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if Dick will send LP a big christmas card. Without LP scoring the JD sponsorship this year I doubt Jim Beam would be interested in sponsoring anyone (Even though they did have a toe in the water stab a couple of years ago) DJR would esetially have been screwed without the dealings of a Holden team. Ha Ha.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 02:53 (Ref:1795354)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell
I wonder if Dick will send LP a big christmas card. Without LP scoring the JD sponsorship this year I doubt Jim Beam would be interested in sponsoring anyone (Even though they did have a toe in the water stab a couple of years ago) DJR would esetially have been screwed without the dealings of a Holden team. Ha Ha.
Did Dick thank Craig Gore for bringing WPS to V8Supercar and therefore opening Westpoint up as an opportunity?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:02 (Ref:1795360)   #63
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha Ha Ha touché
Old 20 Dec 2006, 03:14 (Ref:1795368)   #64
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Peter F, you must be hallucinating. AA has nothing. Its MN that has the livery on the cover! Mn also has another couple of huge stories (Ambrose NEXTEL CUP!!!! plus an intresting suggetsion that some V8 teams have been running a diff device in rear hubs WOW (see other threads)
Old 20 Dec 2006, 06:23 (Ref:1795432)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The powder room has been a hive of activity today... wondering whether the DJR sponsorship from this newly-acquired division of Coca Cola shall see former Coke pimup boy Wayne Gardner join this squad for the enduro season...

Stranger things have happened
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Dec 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1795444)   #66
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think DJR would like both of their cars to come home in one piece at the enduros...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Dec 2006, 07:05 (Ref:1795450)   #67
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... not as much as they would like the money...
Old 20 Dec 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1795452)   #68
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more powder GTR please .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The powder room has been a hive of activity today... wondering whether the DJR sponsorship from this newly-acquired division of Coca Cola shall see former Coke pimup boy Wayne Gardner join this squad for the enduro season...

Stranger things have happened
Does this Coke deal make DJR worth something?

The Bowdens made the right offer for some of the DJR museum !!
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1795508)   #69
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I think DJR would like both of their cars to come home in one piece at the enduros...
Surely Jim Beam would want at least one top line driver, a similar scenario to Perkins?
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1795513)   #70
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Junior is top line....
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1795519)   #71
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think Jim Beam are happy with the drivers they have. afterall they have a giy who has won more races than the current champion
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1795530)   #72
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
And not just drivers either. The Saturday at Clipsal this year was an absolute stinker. By the time I got home to Melbourne that night I felt like I'd walked 100 miles thru the desert.

A summer series would confine me to the tv.
Totally with you on this one , was at the dequetivelle terrace hairpin viewing for most of the day , after a largish day on the Friday , I was struggling big time just watching the action .

Poor old Steve Owen was all over the track for a few laps and then just trundled in to the fence when he blacked out right in front of where I was watching .

I was struggling in the heat that day , and I really felt for the drivers who would be 10 to 20c up on what I was experiencing , just glad Owen walked away from that as he was not in very good shape when they got him out of the car .

A summer series would be too much too take for the drivers in my opinion , these guys do really do have to work hard in the car in races such as Adelaide , they certainly earned their money that day

Back on topic , great to see a team like DJR secure their future , we don't need to see a foundation team and a legend of Australian motorsport have to leave due to a couple of years of bad luck with sponsors , good onya DJ let's see the team kick on from here
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1795565)   #73
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford
Now all we will be seeing at race meeting will be Jack Daniels and Jim Beam T-shirts everywhere.
Maybe Cougar will sponsor someone. They have great tee shirts!!
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1795569)   #74
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
did i mentione their sponsorship is already paying off for them

cheers gentlemen
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1795578)   #75
auxred
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
auxred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford
Very good!!
Off topic:
Reminds me of working security at Bon Jovi Eastern Creek in 199? A mass of people running down the hill towards the stage and Michael Chugg on stage through the PA yelling "You in the black T=Shirt....Stop running". Gee that that narrowed it down to about 2000 people! Guys in black t-shirts at a Bon Jovi concert....who would have thought...........