Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2003, 22:33 (Ref:807855)   #51
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely Montoya on TGF at the Nurburgring.

"Montoya's not a very classy driver"

Get a grip, Ross!!!
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 9 Dec 2003, 23:35 (Ref:807897)   #52
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by krt917

Wouldn't go for Monty's move on Schuey at Nurburgring as the best because, although gutsy, it was clear the Michael's Ferrari was an absolute sitting duck at that stage of the race.

JPM may have had the better car at that stage of the race, but he had to go round the outside, thats what made it so good.

Quote:
Originally posted by krt917

Teo that spring to mind are Rubens going round the outside of Kimi at Silverstone
Here is where, imo, you contradict yourself, sure, Rubens went round the outside, but Rubens car was the class of the field at Silverstone, Kimi's car was proberbly also a "sitting duck"

Both moves imo, were brilliant.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 01:38 (Ref:807947)   #53
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for me it was MS passing Panis on a yellow flag at indy. ouch!
Old 10 Dec 2003, 01:54 (Ref:807950)   #54
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Would that be because JV didn't actually manage to pass anyone in 2003
Old 10 Dec 2003, 08:42 (Ref:808084)   #55
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr V, I agree that overtakes round the outside are pretty special but I don't think JPM's move on MS at Nurburgring was that impressive! JPM has been held up as the great overtaker (but certainly not in Mansell's class) and everytime he makes a good overtake it becomes legend. It is not helped by a James Allen commentary that blows it up out of all proportion. To me Rubens move on Kimi at Silverstone was far more impressive. I'm not particularly a Barrichello fan but his drive at Silverstone was probably the best drive in F1 this year. It is certainly the one I shall remember, anyway.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:02 (Ref:808097)   #56
MrBluesman1
Retired
Racer

MrBluesman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BARrouette
As for me it was MS passing Panis on a yellow flag at indy. ouch!
I have watched that many times and I still am 100% sure the move was completed just before the yellow flag. he wasn't just beside and behind Panis, his nose was in front of Panis therefore he had passed before the yellow flag area. It isn't like he was half a car length behind him in the Yello flag area and then overtook him. The first flag shown is at the start of the turn and MS had started the move before there as he is perfectly allowed to do. The rule is no overtaking under yellow and it wasn't a full track yellow, allowing the move to be made.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:16 (Ref:808110)   #57
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MrBlue... forget reasoning it

It's just a sense of humour (or rather a lack of), afterall we all know that the pass was legal and perfectly clean.

Come to think of it...it's a pretty good move! Just shows how well Michael is aware of the rules to make good use of it =)
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:26 (Ref:808117)   #58
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with John.

Forget it being a move from the outside. Forget about Michael's car being in deep trouble over tyres and lack of grip. What makes a good move over-hyped is that it is a move involving the largest rivalry in F1 now, a move involving the best 2 drivers, the racer vs the master.

There's no denying it is a good move, but this season definetly there are better ones around.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:31 (Ref:808121)   #59
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some guys are just in love with MS and his great red car.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:54 (Ref:808134)   #60
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My vote goes to Barichello overtaking Kimi at Silverstone.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 09:57 (Ref:808140)   #61
MrBluesman1
Retired
Racer

MrBluesman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BARrouette
Some guys are just in love with MS and his great red car.
this is very true.
I love a black car with JPS writing and a yellow helmeted guy driving it(and any car he drove for that matter)
Old 10 Dec 2003, 12:28 (Ref:808232)   #62
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubhins on kimi for sheer "reminds me of the most fun racing i ever had"

Monty on shuey for the poetic justice award.Still can't believe michael(on the inside,lol) went off.

And shuey on trulli for the "you gotta be kidding!What can this guy get away with!" prize (refering to the fact he got no flats-not nessesarily the illigality(?) of it)
Old 11 Dec 2003, 14:27 (Ref:809274)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Montoya, Nurburgring i think. Monster is the only real racer out there and has provided at least two brilliant moves every year since he's been in it! There is no contest. Put him in a race with a bit of red mist (not too much though!) and he'll annhilate anyone!

Monster against either Senna or G. Villeneuve would have made battle of the universe!
Old 11 Dec 2003, 17:44 (Ref:809446)   #64
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBluesman1
this is very true.
I love a black car with JPS writing and a yellow helmeted guy driving it(and any car he drove for that matter)
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
shuey on trulli for the "you gotta be kidding!What can this guy get away with!" prize (refering to the fact he got no flats-not nessesarily the illigality(?) of it)
Are you referring to his move at Hockenheim? If so, didn't Michael have a tyre failure later on? Though the too aren't necessarily related.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 01:44 (Ref:809745)   #65
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised that Kimi's pass on DC at Brazil got a mention..but anyway.

I have to say, of the ones mentioned, they are all pretty much my favourites, but how about another move, Kimi's on Ralf into turn 4 at Brazil?

Around the outside in the wet. Granted, people say it is easier to pass cars in the wet, mainly because of the performance differences, but it still took guts.