Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Jan 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3007145)   #51
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the response! PM me any dates you were thinking of. I race with a steering wheel but have never tested a full sim before!
Old 5 Jan 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3007912)   #52
NJH
Racer

United Kingdom
Weymouth
NJH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys, barnetracing your experience is what I expected.

TBH I really struggle with the lack of sensation in sims, even though I have earned a rep as a sim guy amongst ppl I know [Helped one of the teams in last seasons Porsche Club Championship with modeling in rFactor]. In my limited track driving and racing experience at least 90% of what I act on is the feeling of the cars weight moving around me, in particular when the back end steps loose.

I like iRacing but just don't have the patience to put the time in learning the game physics, for me though accurate tracks of Brands, Oulton and Spa in there are a big help.

I would love a go on this Cranfield rig. I have never driven a single seater and only tried the Williams F1 thing in iRacing which is hilarious.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3010538)   #53
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what's the price of one of these cool gadgets for someone to own then?
Old 12 Jan 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3010591)   #54
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tkcz...ature=youtu.be

We've just finished the promotional film, which is being shown on the GPR stand at ASI...
Old 12 Jan 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3010596)   #55
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
So what's the price of one of these cool gadgets for someone to own then?
Hi Just Do It!

It depends on the seat, but at the moment, we've been taking orders in the region of 45-50k, and with our latest rig we've installed, it will be marginally higher...

The amount of interest we've had (especially from individuals/footballers(!)) has been far greater than we'd have anticipated...
Old 12 Jan 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3010778)   #56
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice vid!

One question relating to the testing having seen the video - can it accommodate someone on the tubby side....? (I'm probably quite representative of the corporate client )
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3013543)   #57
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see all these comments regarding CMS. We give all the MSc Motorsport Engineering and Management students seat time as we believe it is important that they also experience and appreciate the high fidelity of sustained g cueing. Alas the MSc Programme Director has little time to use the sim to hone his skills!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3013733)   #58
sk69
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
sk69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I drive 2 different era FF1600s & can easily confuse myself jumping from one to the other despite countless seasons & reasonable(?) sensitivity.

Can you set up to sim lower power/sophistication cars? Would it be possible to vary setup in terms of weight balance front to rear, damping, rear ride height & roll stiffness either end to simulate the differences in chassis?

I have never gamed but would be very interested to compare to real testing as this seems like the future of chassis development.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3014180)   #59
spider
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk69 View Post
I drive 2 different era FF1600s & can easily confuse myself jumping from one to the other despite countless seasons & reasonable(?) sensitivity.

Can you set up to sim lower power/sophistication cars? Would it be possible to vary setup in terms of weight balance front to rear, damping, rear ride height & roll stiffness either end to simulate the differences in chassis?

I have never gamed but would be very interested to compare to real testing as this seems like the future of chassis development.
Yes, that is absolutely possible.

For example - if you were to supply us with your on-track data prior to visit we can upload that to the sim.

The difference - our 2 sims at present, in GPR and Cranfield - both developed by ourselves - only have paddle-shift at present.

We may look to change this, and we're talking to potential clients regarding the purchase of these simulators - these are likely to feature a more similar gear-stick/pedal combination to the likes of FF.

Also, we've got a BTCC Astra from 2004 that was seriously shunted at the rear (thus has been cut in half) - which we're developing into a sim also...
Old 19 Jan 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3014182)   #60
spider
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Nice vid!

One question relating to the testing having seen the video - can it accommodate someone on the tubby side....? (I'm probably quite representative of the corporate client )
Haha! Well, it's definitely VERY snug at the moment. We are aware we need a far bigger tub for the more rugby-player sized male.

Height up to 6ft 1/2 isn't a problem, but yes, the tub is that of a GP2 spec, so the BTCC version of the sim will help make it more accessible to the masses.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3014686)   #61
sk69
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
sk69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there is space for a little one please put me down for your next session.