Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 May 2024, 15:42 (Ref:4208346)   #51
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great session for BMW, nice 1-2. Tingram did as best he could with the limited hybrid
Old 11 May 2024, 19:14 (Ref:4208542)   #52
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the qualifying sessions could be reduced by a couple of minutes. I like it and it is better than the old format but I feel it takes quite a while to establish the order.
Old 11 May 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4208546)   #53
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyH View Post
I think it’s miles better than the old snoozefest format. I’m glad to see seemingly the hybrid disparity appears to be working better this season too
Its just i started watching about half way through the session and there were like 8 cars on track, no idea what was going on.
Old 11 May 2024, 20:42 (Ref:4208558)   #54
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a dull format, I've never enjoyed knockout qualifying in any series. A straight 30 minute session is all it needs to be.
Old 12 May 2024, 07:45 (Ref:4208602)   #55
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
It's a dull format, I've never enjoyed knockout qualifying in any series. A straight 30 minute session is all it needs to be.

Agree total nonsense, and achieved nothing different at all. The fastest car is still at the front at the end of the day.

A big whoops by Hill !!

First corner should be interesting !!
Old 12 May 2024, 07:57 (Ref:4208603)   #56
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
But that's just 28 minutes of cars going round and round in and out of the pits.

There's only one bit of drama at the end to see who's on top.

Yes the final session was a bit dull yesterday but the knockouts were good. We very nearly lost the last two champions in the first stage.
Old 12 May 2024, 08:06 (Ref:4208606)   #57
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
But that's just 28 minutes of cars going round and round in and out of the pits.

There's only one bit of drama at the end to see who's on top.

Yes the final session was a bit dull yesterday but the knockouts were good. We very nearly lost the last two champions in the first stage.

But there wasn't much drama at the end because of any session because the drivers/teams were saving tyres, and after about two quick laps at the beginning of each session, after the front wheel cars had had the tyre swap around, the tyres had given of their best and times slowly came down.

And we don't actually know if Ingram and Sutton just did enough to get through to the next session, although Ingram couldn't manage to get to the last session.

This fairly boring format will be even worse, as I thought previously, when we get to the longer circuits, and you are likely to see an almost empty tracks for the last sessions.
Old 12 May 2024, 08:08 (Ref:4208607)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I didn't think qualifying really needed tweaking. But I am prepared to give this a chance and so far I've enjoyed. Some fast paced action, with hardly a quiet moment. So I think it's been justified so far
Old 12 May 2024, 10:22 (Ref:4208622)   #59
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like these new quiz question bits - even if they are a bit easy for the likes of us!
Old 12 May 2024, 11:43 (Ref:4208629)   #60
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What is it with the support series and huge flips this year!
Old 12 May 2024, 13:03 (Ref:4208636)   #61
Evantra
Veteran

England
6 second penalty for Watson for a push to pass on Ingram (moved behind him to 8th)

Adam Morgan also reprimanded for the Pearson incident

https://www.barc.net/online_noticebo...ndy-may-11-12/
Old 12 May 2024, 13:45 (Ref:4208638)   #62
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the risk of summoning The Simon… I’m really not enjoying the way Jake Hill forces people off onto the grass whenever they try to overtake him. Won’t be long before he puts someone in the wall.
Old 12 May 2024, 13:47 (Ref:4208639)   #63
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh it’s ok, he’s done it to himself, that’s fine.
Old 12 May 2024, 13:48 (Ref:4208640)   #64
Evantra
Veteran

England
This race is excellent - we don’t need the tyres!

Awful day for Hill.
Old 12 May 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4208643)   #65
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
imagine steering failure at a place like Thruxton
Old 12 May 2024, 13:58 (Ref:4208644)   #66
Evantra
Veteran

England
Ingram’s passes at Paddock Hill have been superb!
Old 12 May 2024, 13:59 (Ref:4208645)   #67
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a brilliant race. Ingrams pass was mighty.
Old 12 May 2024, 15:40 (Ref:4208659)   #68
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two good BTCC races so far today. The hybrid changes and the race 2 tyre rules produced some great tactics and racing, just a pity Huff couldn't make the 11th place in race 1 work!
Old 12 May 2024, 15:51 (Ref:4208661)   #69
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Two good BTCC races so far today. The hybrid changes and the race 2 tyre rules produced some great tactics and racing, just a pity Huff couldn't make the 11th place in race 1 work!

To my simplistic mind, that rule is far too artificial. Huff lifted just enough when in 10th place on the last lap so that Taylor-Smith nipped through, and therefore he had to start on the harder compound whilst Huff played the game, and that's what it is and it's not racing, and was able to start on the softs.

I hope that if this happens again later in the season that, if close enough, the driver in 11th also lifts just enough to keep 11th place. Or they scrap the idea because the whole purpose of it was to stop the winner of race 1 also winning Race 2. And that went well, didn't it!
Old 12 May 2024, 16:30 (Ref:4208669)   #70
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingram has retired. Congratulations Ash Sutton on the 2024 title.
Old 12 May 2024, 17:02 (Ref:4208672)   #71
Evantra
Veteran

England
Moffat not pleased! “Shambles. Who wanted a podium anyway? Sitting p3 with an easy shot at p2 as was saving tyres and hybrid for later stages. Shame the boost pipe came off, after it also came off on the way to the grid. Embarrassing.”
Old 12 May 2024, 17:05 (Ref:4208673)   #72
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Ingram has retired. Congratulations Ash Sutton on the 2024 title.

Ingram didn't retire; he had to pit for a puncture and then continued to finish 19th, I think. And you could have said the same thing when Ingram won twice at Donington, and then Turkington won twice today.

There are still another 24 races to go this season, and considering that quality of the racing so far between Ingram, Sutton and Turkington with just 10 points separating them, it's anyone's championship.

Look on the bright side; I think that way you will enjoy the racing far more.
Old 12 May 2024, 17:21 (Ref:4208675)   #73
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Legends are mental

the single support series that is actually worth watching
Old 12 May 2024, 17:41 (Ref:4208676)   #74
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Ingram didn't retire; he had to pit for a puncture and then continued to finish 19th, I think. And you could have said the same thing when Ingram won twice at Donington, and then Turkington won twice today.

There are still another 24 races to go this season, and considering that quality of the racing so far between Ingram, Sutton and Turkington with just 10 points separating them, it's anyone's championship.

Look on the bright side; I think that way you will enjoy the racing far more.
Ingram, although finished 19th, did set the fastest lap, and I assume got a point for that.
Old 12 May 2024, 17:44 (Ref:4208677)   #75
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For anyone that's going to watch the program after the broadcast, make sure to watch the Legends race at the end. I'd say, apart from the first lap, that was the best race I've watched!