Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Nov 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1465540)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Congrats to Farfus, Huisman and of course the new World Champion Andy Priaulx.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1465573)   #52
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase

Andy Priaulx, 2005 WTCC champion! Congratulations mate
And more congratulations from the hill climbing fraternity who still follow you're career with much interest and support.

Well done, Andy.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1465586)   #53
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done to Andy and to Jo as well. It's not easy to get where he is now and boy have they all worked hard at it over the years
Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1465591)   #54
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Andy Priaulx!

Great finale to a very interesting season, even though I would agree the attrition at Macau was a bit too high perhaps. Can't wait for next year though
Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:28 (Ref:1465593)   #55
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
I agree it is marvellous to host a WTCC race in Macau and all the rest, but the circuit is really, really very narrow.
It's the best circuit in the world! Probably not wide enough for anything bigger than a WTCC car, but still fantastic. All the drivers seem to agree.

Congratulations to Andy on a brilliant weekend; as others have said the culmination of many years of hard work and sacrifice.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1465606)   #56
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
Menu disqualified: not enough fuel left in the tank after the race (minimum of 3l is required).

I'd expect an appeal, they did extend the race by two laps which is not in the rules.

Great job by Andy this year, to actually take the title on consistency - he did only win one race out of 20!
Old 20 Nov 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1465610)   #57
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy Priaulx, UK, WTCC Champ
Gary Paffett, UK, DTM Champ
Now, if Russell Ingall, born in UK, can win the Australian V8 Supercars Championship...

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 20 Nov 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1465628)   #58
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
I'd expect an appeal, they did extend the race by two laps which is not in the rules.

Great job by Andy this year, to actually take the title on consistency - he did only win one race out of 20!
Team did appeal, but the reason they filed is 'high fuel usage due to damage from race 1'
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1465689)   #59
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
Now, if Russell Ingall, born in UK, can win the Australian V8 Supercars Championship...
& Matt Neal, UK, BTCC champ.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1465695)   #60
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Let's not forget Dan Wheldon, UK, IRL Champion

Looks like we are finally taking over the world

Jobs well done to all !!
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1465696)   #61
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Minor question, but who will be recorded as the winner of the 2005 Macau Guia Race? Both Farfus and Huisman?
Old 20 Nov 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1465709)   #62
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Minor question, but who will be recorded as the winner of the 2005 Macau Guia Race? Both Farfus and Huisman?
Was thinking about that...as if it's done like the ETC cup race, where most points win the round, then it's Andy's again.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1465794)   #63
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravaglia
Giovanardi crashed!
Did Gio crash because he was hit at the back by Huisman?
Old 20 Nov 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1465802)   #64
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it seems like nobody knows .. but wasn't it Garcia behind him ??

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Nov 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1465803)   #65
alfanano
Rookie

alfanano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought Andy was born in Guernsey, which is neither in Great Britain nor in the UK – it’s a British Protectorate. We can’t actually “claim” him unless he has naturalised.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1465804)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
I read on another forum Giovanardi was hit by Huisman when the Dutchman had overtaken Garcia. But on a Dutch autosport website I read Giovanardi crashed because of technical problems.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1465825)   #67
DEMENTOR
Rookie

United Kingdom
22 Acacia Avenue, Kent
DEMENTOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame about Giovanardi, he was my fav to win.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1465863)   #68
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Huisman hit Giovanardi when he had crashed already.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1465912)   #69
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfanano
I thought Andy was born in Guernsey, which is neither in Great Britain nor in the UK – it’s a British Protectorate. We can’t actually “claim” him unless he has naturalised.
Quote:
I am proud of being from Guernsey and proud of being British and feel I have done something special for my country.
taken from Andy's own site..
Andy Priaulx .Com

If he thinks he's British then it's good enough for me.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1465957)   #70
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
slightly offtopic .. but is there a photo with andy driving the Pilbeam that he won the hillclimb championship ??

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Nov 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1465965)   #71
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
now . about the races .
first .. Congrats to Andy . it was the least worse thing it could happen i always liked him . he seems such a nice guy .

congrats to Augusto . his first win in WTCC . and picked a good place to do it too . super racing there against Andy in the first race .. and cleanly too if you imagine

congrats to Duncan Huisman . 5th win in 6 years .. not bad

shame about Menu . was it really only those 15 BHP that those valves brought ?? or is it the sign of things to come ??

disappointed in Couto . with his track knowledge .. such a mistake is rather hard to forgive .. don't know what happened to Giovanardi .. could've been a contact ..

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Nov 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1465979)   #72
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
congrats to Augusto . his first win in WTCC .
Second. First was in Monza last year.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1466008)   #73
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfan
Second. First was in Monza last year.

Was it a world championship in 2004?
Old 20 Nov 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1466018)   #74
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Hill
taken from Andy's own site..
Andy Priaulx .Com

If he thinks he's British then it's good enough for me.
Hey, if you see someone who thinks they are a butterfly about to try flying off of the BT tower, would you let 'em?

(Anyway, best pretend he's British even if not, wouldn't want BMW UK pulling their backing now would we!, I can't imagine BMW Team Guernsey really being able to afford a whole season)

To correct myself, if round points define the overall winner, than Farfus is now it, as he also scored 16 pts with a 1st & 3rd, but would take any advantage from being a race winner.

Hope RML's appeal succeeds though, else Dani and I are going to tie in the predictions...and that will make me very angry!
Old 20 Nov 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1466023)   #75
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
told ya we're going down together . but I wouldn't mind losing if that meas Menu gets his position . it was well deserved ..

Ciao Marco

Tags
wtcc