Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3130653)   #51
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
am i alone in thinking that if Maldonado had not jumped the start or even had an normal start that there would have been an even bigger accident going into the first corner? really everyone should just be glad that he didnt have a bad start.

if and buts aside i do agree with luke g28 that 3 penalties over a race weekend should result in consequences extending past this weekend and should not be dismissed just because he didnt finish the race.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3130662)   #52
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
For the most part I'd agree - I don't think Hamilton could move any further over though (although as you say he could have backed off a bit earlier). Maldonados influence on all this will of course forever just be conjecture and guesswork (some admitedly better than others ).
I think Hamilton would have expected RG to have enough situational awareness to stop his move to the right before hitting him, by the time it was evident he was going to keep on coming the wheels were interlocked and one way or another tears were inevitable. For once Lewis was an innocent victim.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3130666)   #53
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I don't think Hamilton could move any further over though
Old 4 Sep 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3130690)   #54
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
because its too harsh

no it isn't - and the stewards agree with me
Old 4 Sep 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3130753)   #55
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I think Hamilton would have expected RG to have enough situational awareness to stop his move to the right before hitting him,
Has Lewis not seen any of Grosjeans other starts this season?
Old 4 Sep 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3130901)   #56
QnickFTW
Racer

Bottas was quoted as saying in a Finnish newspaper that Maldonado is on probation after Spa and his next penalty will be a race ban. He obviously sees good chances of his debut in one of the 8 remaining races.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 01:01 (Ref:3130925)   #57
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Are you sure you're watching the right race?

From every single angle showed it was SO obvious that he'd jumped the start that there was never any debate. Even watching the start "live" we were both on the sofa shouting "Jump Start"
I thought so too.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3131757)   #58
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone asked Sir Frank what he thinks about PM now??
Old 6 Sep 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3131769)   #59
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Has anyone asked Sir Frank what he thinks about PM now??
Sir Frank: "££££££££££."
Old 6 Sep 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3131933)   #60
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Maldonado - but glad I'm not racing against him. A hell of a character/loon/anti-hero/idiot/amusing fella. Charlie's reaction of his shaking head was absolute comedy gold!
Old 6 Sep 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3131936)   #61
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Charlie's reaction of his shaking head was absolute comedy gold!
Although it wasn't as good as his previous finger wagging / pointing which had us shouting "You're ****ing Nicked!" at the telly!
Old 6 Sep 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3132015)   #62
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bottas was quoted as saying in a Finnish newspaper that Maldonado is on probation after Spa and his next penalty will be a race ban. He obviously sees good chances of his debut in one of the 8 remaining races.
I would have thought his best chance for a drive would be replacing Senna, but anything's possible after Grosjean's ban.

What would make the race ban even more impactful is if the 3rd drivers all have to get some practice running on a Friday. Then they will be all fully up to speed and might risk outpacing the banned driver!
Old 6 Sep 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3132144)   #63
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If PM is on probation, than you can be sure that he'll not race in Singapore.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3132198)   #64
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
If PM is on probation, than you can be sure that he'll not race in Singapore.
"if" being the key word there.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3133215)   #65
QnickFTW
Racer

Di Resta knocking wheels with Senna and shamelessly driving him off the track and FIA doesnt even bother investigating it?? Di Resta was very upset and critical with Maldonado's move in Hungary but obviously thought it was OK this time.

Personally I thought none of these incidents were penalty worthy with Di Resta's move being the dirtiest of the two if anything. Ive found Di Resta's hypocrisy and FIA double standards quite ridiculous in this case.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3133228)   #66
QnickFTW
Racer

Di Resta banged wheels with Senna and drove him off completely = NO INVESTIGATION

Vettel did not touch with Alonso and drove two wheels of Alonso off the track = DRIVE THRU

Disappointing
Old 9 Sep 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3133259)   #67
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's very simple, Alonso was alongside, Senna was not.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3133277)   #68
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Strange...
Old 9 Sep 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3133295)   #69
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
It's very simple, Alonso was alongside, Senna was not.
Utter rubbish.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3133304)   #70
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PM was the invisible man in this race....
Old 9 Sep 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3133343)   #71
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Di Resta knocking wheels with Senna and shamelessly driving him off the track and FIA doesnt even bother investigating it?? Di Resta was very upset and critical with Maldonado's move in Hungary but obviously thought it was OK this time.

Personally I thought none of these incidents were penalty worthy with Di Resta's move being the dirtiest of the two if anything. Ive found Di Resta's hypocrisy and FIA double standards quite ridiculous in this case.
utter rubbish
Old 9 Sep 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3133349)   #72
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
utter rubbish

Thats a nice way of hiding the fact that you have zero argument. Oh wait a minute, you didnt hide it.

Alonso wasnt ahead (nor was Senna) end of.
Di Resta did bang wheels with Senna, there was physical contact between the two, there wasnt between Vettel and Alonso. end of.

Your post is makes zero sense (as per usual unfortunetely)
Old 9 Sep 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3133393)   #73
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Thats a nice way of hiding the fact that you have zero argument. Oh wait a minute, you didnt hide it.

Alonso wasnt ahead (nor was Senna) end of.
Di Resta did bang wheels with Senna, there was physical contact between the two, there wasnt between Vettel and Alonso. end of.

Your post is makes zero sense (as per usual unfortunetely)
I used all the same well-evidenced and well-reasoned arguments to support my assertion as you did.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3133404)   #74
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Relax boys... otherwise you'll end up with your fingers burned.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3133514)   #75
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
you don't have to be ahead, just a significant part of the car alongside.
see here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y8sp...youtu.be&t=17s
especially at 8 secs.