Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2008, 09:53 (Ref:2261551)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Montoya harpooning Schuey in the tunnel at Monaco '04!!

Montoya and Ralf Indy '01.....

Ralf going beserk in the fist few rounds of '04 - he kept colliding with Sato (or anyone else who wanted to overtake him) IIRC?

Zanardi doing a 'Gilles' at Imola '93 - smashing his Lotus into the barriers at the final chicane before trying to press on with his car on fire and no back end. Top man!!!
Old 1 Aug 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2261574)   #52
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat
1993, Monza, Minardi team. Say no more!!

What a way to overtake your team-mate

And finish a race
Old 3 Aug 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2262554)   #53
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
Pele waving the chequered flag in Brazil. Gets a tap on the shoulder, turns around and misses the winner going past.
Michael came round to punch the air but there was no flag. And Ralf was right behind him and ready to overtake and Michael was worried that Ralf would overtake him on the 'final' lap.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 01:43 (Ref:2270320)   #54
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After the Japanese GP in 1996, in the press conference the interviewer said to Schumacher, "Michael, you won here in 1994 and 1995 but today you were second." Michael said, "I'm not sure I won in 1994. I thought it was him (pointing to Hill). Hill replied, "you're right".
Old 18 Aug 2008, 03:17 (Ref:2270744)   #55
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Ralf going beserk in the fist few rounds of '04 - he kept colliding with Sato (or anyone else who wanted to overtake him) IIRC?
A bit like DC this year then. Except it wasn't limited to the first few rounds!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2273924)   #56
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh Deer

Whilst looking at some of the links on youtube, I found a wicked piece of footage from Austria in 2001.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCsK...eature=related
Old 24 Aug 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2274489)   #57
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe-maker
Michael came round to punch the air but there was no flag. And Ralf was right behind him and ready to overtake and Michael was worried that Ralf would overtake him on the 'final' lap.
There was no way in hell that Ralf would have overtaken Michael in that race
Old 8 Oct 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2306517)   #58
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
On the final lap of the 1998 Italian GP, Michael headed for the parabolica and he punched the air. Murray Walker said something like, "don't do that Michael, remember what happened to Nigel Mansell in Canada in 1991."
Old 22 Dec 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2359750)   #59
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not an F1, but still embarassing enough to put it in this thread.
Petter Solberg in action
Old 22 Dec 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2359763)   #60
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember Stirling being one of the commentary team a few years ago at Monaco. Correct me if I'm wrong but....
During the race the camera happened to slide past the harbour and then zoom in on a yacht bedecked with a number of pretty well-endowed ladies on its deck.
Stirling always a ladies man said ' Ooooh I say, can we stay on this a little longer' or words to that effect. Then he went on to tell tales of various drivers waving at all the girls during races past.

The other one that stands out was when Nigel Mansell won the British GP and on the truck afterwards doing the lap of honour he banged his head, (I think on the bridge). Later Murray during the post-race interview brought up the incident by not just pointing at the big bruise on Nigel's head but giving it a good prod just in case we viewers missed it.

Peter

Last edited by Lotusonpole; 22 Dec 2008 at 16:08.
Old 23 Dec 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2360153)   #61
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusonpole
The other one that stands out was when Nigel Mansell won the British GP and on the truck afterwards doing the lap of honour he banged his head, (I think on the bridge). Later Murray during the post-race interview brought up the incident by not just pointing at the big bruise on Nigel's head but giving it a good prod just in case we viewers missed it.

Peter
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_Q5EZKTkc
Old 23 Dec 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2360162)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The comical part is that Piquet saw it coming and just avoided looking at what would happen to Mansell... true to their relationship.
Old 25 Dec 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2360942)   #63
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P-EK7n...eature=related
Old 25 Dec 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2361014)   #64
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Another Priceless Funny Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rInHTiBQfc

I know It is in Italian...but It´ll be easy to understand:

He is talking about Loeb and Rossi. He claims Loeb beatened 10 F1 cars at Barcelona, and Rossi after 60 laps was only 0.800 sec behind the best time from Raikkonen.

He finishes saying that when Nikki Lauda drove a modern F1 car, the F1 Champion just said that with all those electronics even an APE would succesfully drive an F1 car...

I like this guy, I believe he works for an Italian TV.

Old 25 Dec 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2361015)   #65
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is brilliant

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjEsH...eature=related