Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2004, 01:50 (Ref:994392)   #51
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber and JV would be good for Williams.. lets see if that happens.

As for the thread, I dont think there is anymore discussion needed, so if the moderators wish, they are welcome to 'lock' it

Webber drove the wheels off that thing at nurburgring and it just simply proves, yet again, that he's doing his best. The car is simply not upto the task. Go Webber!

Last edited by freud; 5 Jun 2004 at 01:51.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 02:10 (Ref:994399)   #52
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
No just Fords failure to put any money behind the team so they can get some people to fix this problem.
You would think that as a race team they would have gotten it right by now( 3 races later)

The Grumpy1
Grumpy, it's not for a lack of money, it's because FoMoCo are running it!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 03:54 (Ref:995772)   #53
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chucky on reflection you are quite possibly right but it doesn't explain the new found speed or the fact the car is the second generation R5.Someone must have found some cash down the back of the sofa or something similar.

The Grumpy1
P.S.The dream team would be MS and Webber.

Last edited by grumpy1; 7 Jun 2004 at 03:55.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 06:08 (Ref:995814)   #54
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
grumpy, MS and Webber are too similar to make a good team. Webber/JV, Webber/Sato, Webber/JPM would imo make very good teams.

Webber/KR would be interesting, i'm not really sure just how much i'd like such a team, but the one thing that i do beleive is that Mark Webber is in a class of his own. the sooner he gets a good drive, the better it'll be for all of us.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 10:25 (Ref:995994)   #55
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by fog_shadow
Mark Webber is in a class of his own

He's good, but not THAT good.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 10:43 (Ref:996004)   #56
grumpy1
Veteran

Not yet anyway.

The Grumpy1
Old 7 Jun 2004, 10:56 (Ref:996011)   #57
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
K-B, after some complaints and reading your post, allow me to introduce you to the term "IMHO" (please take special note of the H)

Everyone has an opinion, and naturally most of us are going to disagree, but you do tend to come across quiet rude sometimes.

Take a step back and think about it.

OT, ss for class of his own, I dont think so either. Mark is amongst the top drivers out there IMHO, but there is only one man in a class of his own.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 11:33 (Ref:996040)   #58
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely everything people post is their opinion?

When you have a conversation with people in real life you don't say "in my opinion" after every point you make.

I can't think of any occasion where I've been rude to anyone on this forum - and I'm amazed that anyone would complain about what I said.

I was merely saying that Mark Webber is not "in a class of his own".

Anyone complaining about that could only be very biased in favour of Mark. I've no problem with that - and I rate Mark as a driver, but he's not "in a class of his own." Maybe one day he will be.

I think anyone complaining about my wording on this occasion is being over-sensitive.

And as for being "rude", I've seen countless examples of people being "rude" on this forum - and they don't get publicly rebuked like this.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 23:50 (Ref:996790)   #59
grumpy1
Veteran

Wrex if people were offened and complained about that there
is a problem and its not with K-B.Thats a statement pure and simple.If people can't see that then the problems with them being thin skined.I looked back at some of his other posts and found them direct and to the point and far from worth complaining about.I don't normally jump to someones defence but this is warranted.

The Grumpy1
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:22 (Ref:998360)   #60
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KB, i got no problems with your post mate. never did and i've never had a reason to complain, so grumpy if someone complained it wasn't me.

about Mark Webber:
i do beleive that he is THAT good. i've been known to be wrong before, but that's my opinion. i suppose and i hope that the future will prove me correct. put MW in a competitive car, it need not be the best, just competitive and let him show the stuff that he's made of.

sometime in 2002, i remember chatting with a friend on MSN. i claimed that MW was better than sliced bread. it's been 2 years and i've still not given up.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 13:12 (Ref:998423)   #61
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good for you fog!

like you i have also beleived that mark is THAT good - i believed it before he went to minardi and i STILL believe it now!

give him a decent car and he will show the world how good he is!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 14:22 (Ref:998496)   #62
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by fog_shadow
KB, i got no problems with your post mate. never did and i've never had a reason to complain, so grumpy if someone complained it wasn't me.
Thank you.

On the subject of Webber, I'd love to see him in a Williams next year, and I think he'll do well.

He seems to be at the Kimi/Alonso/JPM level - which bodes well for tough battles at the front in years to come.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:29 (Ref:998726)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
If anyone still thinks Mark is not doing his very best, what about that little run-in with the blessed Schumi after exiting the pits at the Nurburgring the other week?

Or perhaps he was just trying to have a collision to take himself out of the race and avoid the possibility of picking up some points for Jaguar. Sarcasm, in case anyone is in doubt.

Anyway, the best story I have heard as to why Mark might not go to Williams after all is that are heavily sponsored by Budweiser, whilst he is a Fosters man through and through!

Good on yer mate!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:30 (Ref:998727)   #64
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
If anyone still thinks Mark is not doing his very best, what about that little run-in with the blessed Schumi after exiting the pits at the Nurburgring the other week?

Or perhaps he was just trying to have a collision to take himself out of the race and avoid the possibility of picking up some points for Jaguar? Sarcasm, in case anyone is in doubt.

Anyway, the best story I have heard as to why Mark might not go to Williams after all is that are heavily sponsored by Budweiser, whilst he is a Fosters man through and through!

Good on yer mate!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 02:52 (Ref:999252)   #65
grumpy1
Veteran

Ah fog none of my comments were directed at you.
foxy last week Silverstone lap record fastest ever at the track kicked everyone else #@$# say no more

The Grumpy1
P.S. I bet the person who started this tread wished he hadn't now.

Last edited by grumpy1; 10 Jun 2004 at 02:56.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:56 (Ref:1003732)   #66
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Looks good for Mark going to Williams with Jaguar in 9th.

Last edited by Mr V; 14 Jun 2004 at 15:58.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1003834)   #67
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
yea it's bad now that Jordan and Toyota have eclipsed them.

I don't know which is worse. Toyota i guess....like kind of like Eddie.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 03:40 (Ref:1004247)   #68
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
..alongwith Sam proclaming that Webber is top on his list. Imho even if Jags somehow make it to top 6, williams/Sam will try to buy him out of his contract with Jaguar.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 04:05 (Ref:1004254)   #69
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I hope so
Old 15 Jun 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1004393)   #70
BIGMOUTH
Racer

BIGMOUTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Webber is one of the few genuine drivers in F1. What you see is what you get with him; a hard working and friendly guy who gives 100% even when his patience is pushed to the max!
Old 15 Jun 2004, 09:03 (Ref:1004422)   #71
eldougo
Rookie

eldougo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Freud. Quote.
Well many of my friends in the paddock have conveyed this to me.
How about you get some new friends your current one seem to be giving you the wrong idea's all together.Mark is trying very hard foe Jaguar or any team he has driven for.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 09:08 (Ref:1004425)   #72
Kicking-back
Veteran

I've never seen Webber give less than 100%.

He's fiercely committed to whatever he does - as those who saw him on his John O'Groats to Land's End cycle will testify.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1005853)   #73
Schultz
Rookie

Schultz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my first post here.
If Mark Webber has not been giving 100% then why has only 1 point been scored by any of his teammates in the past year and a bit when he has scored nearly 20?
Mark Webber has said he doesn't think about anything apart from the race on a race weekend and i believe him. I don't think he's thinking about the clause in his contract at all. To think that he is sandbagging is absurd.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1005862)   #74
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's face it, it's not as if Mark has to actually try to underperform - the Jaguar does it all for him!
Welcome Schultz!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1006302)   #75
grumpy1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Let's face it, it's not as if Mark has to actually try to underperform - the Jaguar does it all for him!
Welcome Schultz!
Yes welcome Schulz I saw nothing nothing

As for Jag finishing higher than 6th or six by the end of this weekend well they would have to finish 1&2 and the rest of the feild above them to not turn up.Even then a 1,2 finish is doubtful

Lets all look forward to next year and Mark in a Williams.

The Grumpy1