Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Aug 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2943017)   #801
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
HRT (and Kolles in particular) have been fairly noisey recently:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93792 - Liuzzi wants to stay for 2012
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93793 - Kolles: HRT have no money worries
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93825 - Kolles: No to FOTA
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93824 - HRT back in-season testing

A team mouthing off to try get some exposure, or a team on sounder footing getting some self confidence?

I think the latter...
Old 19 Aug 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2943055)   #802
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
HRT (and Kolles in particular) have been fairly noisey recently:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93792 - Liuzzi wants to stay for 2012
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93793 - Kolles: HRT have no money worries
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93825 - Kolles: No to FOTA
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93824 - HRT back in-season testing

A team mouthing off to try get some exposure, or a team on sounder footing getting some self confidence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think the latter...
HRT who ?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2943186)   #803
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think the latter...
I really hope so, I'd like nothing better than to see some of these new teams succeed, and currently there are very few signs of actual progress.

Like WDC points for instance.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 01:01 (Ref:2943194)   #804
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I really hope so, I'd like nothing better than to see some of these new teams succeed, and currently there are very few signs of actual progress.

Like WDC points for instance.
Presumably the arrival of Mr Ricciardo has the media focus on HRT for their 15 minutes of fame, thanks to the Red Bull media machine no doubt, so it can help in finding more sponsors for them...

You may have thought that being a Spanish team that the likes of Repsol would have been invited to join the party, since they have been in F1 before with various drivers and teams... plenty of major businesses in Spain.. just not sure how this squad might unlock the potential.

Having a Spanish driver might help

The chat around a 2012 car is interesting... but the engine is still a Cosworth..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Aug 2011, 01:14 (Ref:2943197)   #805
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
HRT who ?
Todays HRT is tomorrows RBR.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2951014)   #806
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So if you read the article Here, you wonder if Mr Ricciardo or Mr Liuzzi shall be giving up their seat at the India Grand Prix...

Old 5 Sep 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2951021)   #807
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So if you read the article Here, you wonder if Mr Ricciardo or Mr Liuzzi shall be giving up their seat at the India Grand Prix...

On its current form HRT would provide a wholly appropriate vehicle for demonstrating the quality and commitment of Hero to providing technologically advanced vehicles.

I think either of the drivers would be heartily relieved to miss the Indian GP!

What happens when the car dooes not make the 107% rule or is that waived as standard these days?
Old 5 Sep 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2951095)   #808
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Is there any chance that HRT will be moving to the Epsilon site in Spain.
There they will have a factory that is of F1 standard.
It does not exclude the possibility exists, Luis Perez-Salas has reportedly been some discussions.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2951561)   #809
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I think Karthikeyan's participation in the Indian GP was a foregone conclusion from the day he joined HRT, so this isn't a surprise really.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2951572)   #810
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo isn't exatly a great team for him to develop in eitheir, although it does give him race miles.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2951596)   #811
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Ricciardo isn't exatly a great team for him to develop in eitheir, although it does give him race miles.
The real issue may be if STR is sold as suggested HERE, then perhaps Mr Ricciardo may be destined to stay at HRT until Mr Webber departs at the end of next season...
Old 6 Sep 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2951609)   #812
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The real issue may be if STR is sold as suggested HERE, then perhaps Mr Ricciardo may be destined to stay at HRT until Mr Webber departs at the end of next season...
There were reports of this in 2008 when the new car was introduced. Still hasen't happened. So I doubt it.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2954682)   #813
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Jorg Zander tipped for Hispania Jod

September 12, 2011 · 7:06 pm

Well travelled F1 designer Jorg Zander was spotted with the HRT team at Monza, and the German is believed to have agreed to join the Spanish-owned outfit.
Zander has a busy CV after a series of moves between different teams. After gaining experience in Toyota road cars he first came into the sport working for Keke Rosberg’s DTM team, and he then joined the Toyota Le Mans project, before moving into F1 with the Japanese company.
He then switched to BAR in 2002. He became chief designer at Williams in late 2005, only to leave early the following year to join BMW Sauber in a similar role.
His stay with the Swiss team was again a short one, and he soon returned to the renamed Honda team in the role of deputy technical director, staying until the middle of the Brawn GP season in 2009. More recently has been working on the Audi LMP1 project, and thus he lives close to HRT’s German base.
Zander has previously worked with HRT engineering chief Jacky Eeckelaert.
Former GP Brawn Chief designer would be a tough capture to the HRT team...
Old 15 Sep 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2955952)   #814
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Looks like Geoff Willis could be leaving HRT. But they are getting another experienced designer (Jorg Zander) and are now going to base their operations in Germany.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94555
Old 24 Sep 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2960295)   #815
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Spanish press , they want to move to BMW Oracle (America´s Cup) workshop in Valencia.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2960896)   #816
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to German press they want to stay in Greding and to open an additional office in Munich.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2980221)   #817
kurski
Veteran

Finland
HRT becoming a Ferrari satellite team?
Old 1 Nov 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2980223)   #818
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It's interesting that Red Bull and McLaren are against plans for 3rd cars. At least they are, according to that article.

Personally, I can't see it happening either.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2980247)   #819
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Ferrari does not: The third car.

It sounds like an horror movie title.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2981124)   #820
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Unlikely with a Williams gearbox

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95867